What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

JoPa and his entire staff should be fired

Slade (Agree or Disagree) : Penn St should fire Joe Pa for his inaction in this matter.

Agree.

Penn State should clean house. Clean slate from top to bottom. Allow Paterno to coach out the remainder of the season, thank him for his years of service as football coach - and move on down the road.

Certain people are quite offended by Paterno's actions, and feel he acted "wrong." I, do not.

Other people's version and my version of "right and wrong" are not necessarily the same thing.

If you judge right and wrong by whether you do (or don't do) what is legally required, that would allow you to say that being a party to certain things is "right" as long as the rules said so. I hope that's not what you're saying.

[video=youtube;4qDt1WDzhmU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qDt1WDzhmU[/video]

Certain people are quite offended by Paterno's actions, and feel he acted "wrong." I, do not.

Other people's version and my version of "right and wrong" are not necessarily the same thing.

Hold on a sec. Are you saying there's nothing wrong with looking the other way when a child is raped, so long as you cover your own ass in the process?

I'm sure it would bother me tremendously.

But since it was other people's kids, you don't care, eh?

Wow. How any parent can look at this through any lense other than outrage is beyond me. I certainly can't do it. I would want other people to look after my kids just as I would do the same

Not gonna say much about JoePa but to say he was the head of this and did nothing. He should be ashamed for life. The GA doesnt get a pass imho, neither does anybody else with any knowledge whatsoever. Maybe the GA freaked out, I dont know, im sure that would be an unthinkable situation to be in. However, how unthinkable do you think it was for that little boy in that shower? His life is pretty much ruined because of it, doesnt end it but I cant imagine getting it out of your mind. In the mean time, you are now a coach at Penn St. I hope its gone ****ing well for you buddy.

Not gonna say much about JoePa but to say he was the head of this and did nothing. He should be ashamed for life. The GA doesnt get a pass imho, neither does anybody else with any knowledge whatsoever. Maybe the GA freaked out, I dont know, im sure that would be an unthinkable situation to be in. However, how unthinkable do you think it was for that little boy in that shower? His life is pretty much ruined because of it, doesnt end it but I cant imagine getting it out of your mind. In the mean time, you are now a coach at Penn St. I hope its gone ****ing well for you buddy.
I'm not sure, but I sense a little West Texas whoop-ass indignation in your posts on this topic...maybe I am wrong. If I am not, I'm right there with you. Whenever I think about this I want to punch someone.

If you judge right and wrong by whether you do (or don't do) what is legally required, that would allow you to say that being a party to certain things is "right" as long as the rules said so. I hope that's not what you're saying.

What is right and what is wrong depends tremendously on your own point of view. Your version of "what's right" might be totally different than mine. That doesn't mean that either (or both) of us is correct/incorrect.

But since it was other people's kids, you don't care, eh?

Wow. How any parent can look at this through any lense other than outrage is beyond me. I certainly can't do it. I would want other people to look after my kids just as I would do the same

Of course I care. I think it is horrible what is alleged to have occurred. But I also think there is a lot of anger transference going on in all this.

What is right and what is wrong depends tremendously on your own point of view. Your version of "what's right" might be totally different than mine. That doesn't mean that either (or both) of us is correct/incorrect.

Bull****. Having sex with kids is wrong. So is covering it up so a lifelong friend doesn't get in trouble.

There is no grey area here, Slade.

Of course I care. I think it is horrible what is alleged to have occurred. But I also think there is a lot of anger transference going on in all this.

You don't care. You said you don't think Paterno did anything wrong, yet you also said it would bother you tremendously had this been your child involved.

You just don't care because it doesn't affect you personally.

Bull****. Having sex with kids is wrong. So is covering it up so a lifelong friend doesn't get in trouble.There is no grey area here, Slade.
Paterno covered it up? I thought he passed the information he was given along to the administration?

Bull****. Having sex with kids is wrong.

You'll get no disagreement from me there.

So is covering it up so a lifelong friend doesn't get in trouble.

There is no grey area here, Slade.

You'll get no disagreement from me there, either.

Thankfully, Joe Paterno did not have sex with kids, and he passed the information about the alleged sex on to his superiors for handling, as he was required to do.

Whew. Glad we're finally on the same page.

Slade, I can't figure out if you're just playing devil's advocate here or if you really are this shallow a human.

Moral relativism is bunk.

In some cultures, they have decided that community stability is enhanced if they can prevent their women from committing adultery. Marital betrayals and children of uncertain paternity can be a problem. They found the perfect solution was to cut off the clitoris and do some vaginal mutilation on all their women while they are young girls. This way, their women will never feel sexual pleasure and have no reason to stray.

Who are we to say that it's wrong to do that to these girls?

I'm not sure, but I sense a little West Texas whoop-ass indignation in your posts on this topic...maybe I am wrong. If I am not, I'm right there with you. Whenever I think about this I want to punch someone.
Yeah sadness and disgust often turns to anger with me, call it a character flaw. I wear my emotions on my sleeve I guess. Being a dad, I just cant imagine any of this and how these people didnt act? Who give a **** whether it costs you a job? Maybe my priorities are backwards in today's world but right and wrong is much more important than a career move to me. I dont know how this GA has lived with this if of course he saw what was reported, **** JoePa, Im intervening myself or calling the police or doing something. I dont know man, just dont know.

The more I think about this and more I read, why the hell didn't the grad assistant walk in there, punch the guy in the mouth, tell the kid to get dressed, and called 911?

Moral relativism is bunk.

In some cultures, they have decided that community stability is enhanced if they can prevent their women from committing adultery. Marital betrayals and children of uncertain paternity can be a problem. They found the perfect solution was to cut off the clitoris and do some vaginal mutilation on all their women while they are young girls. This way, their women will never feel sexual pleasure and have no reason to stray.

Who are we to say that it's wrong to do that to these girls?
Wow, that seems complicated, I always just used a chastity belt....

The more I think about this and more I read, why the hell didn't the grad assistant walk in there, punch the guy in the mouth, tell the kid to get dressed, and called 911?

Because he is a ****ing coward, as his dad who told him to leave.

The more I think about this and more I read, why the hell didn't the grad assistant walk in there, punch the guy in the mouth, kick him in the nuts, tell the kid to get dressed, and called 911?
fify

Slade - I gotta tell you, your reaction to all this is an indicator of why so many people have problems with lawyers and the legal profession. This isn't about what was legal and illegal. It was about what was right and wrong. Your unwillingness to cross that line between legal and ethical is what is causing the problem here.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding!!! we have the winner!!!!

Does it affect the GA's credibility that he didn't do exactly that?? Does it affect the GA's credibility that he didn't go to the police -- FIRST -- rather than contact his dad, then call Joe Paterno?

Ding ding ding ding ding ding!!! we have the winner!!!!

Does it affect the GA's credibility that he didn't do exactly that?? Does it affect the GA's credibility that he didn't go to the police -- FIRST -- rather than contact his dad, then call Joe Paterno?

the fact is, he called upon JoPa. JoPa and the admin told him to keep his ****ing mouth shut. JoPa is just as complicit as the GA if not moreso

Back