What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jordan Webb named as starter - Confirmed

The kid did his job; how 'bout that KU "D"? Not so much!

I get that he's our best QB at this point and time. That said, his career stats against BCS competition does not suggest he 'did his job' at KU. He's just as responsible for those dismal seasons in Lawrence as the defense, the receivers, the offensive line, etc. There were several games where he failed to throw for a single TD and averaged 4 to 5 yards per attempt. He threw for twice as many interceptions as touchdowns on the road. You can throw screens & check downs all game, but at some point you have to throw downfield if you expect to put up more than 20 points a game (About what KU averaged with Webb as their QB).

I'm fine rolling with Webb as our QB. We don't have any other option as fans. Practice has been closed too so it's not like we have any way of knowing how either QB has looked in practice. All we have is some story about some 20 yard completion on a pretend 3rd and 18. I hope Webb shows us that he's learned from his 3 years at KU and is capable of taking us to a bowl game.

Last edited:
Apparently, Wood looks great when everything sets up perfectly but when things get hairy he makes mistakes that would lead to turnovers.

Now THAT sounds like a comparison to C. Hawkins.

Here's my bottom line: you don't have to like Webb, but if you attack and are pissed at him for winning the job, you will come across as a giant douche. If Wood or Hersh were your favorite, be mad at them for not winning the job.

Embo and this staff want to win. Period. They are not going to play favorites to curry favor with anyone or anything but the score board.

:gobuffs:

The rhetoric in this thread reminds me a lot of mid-Hawkins. When CU wins 2-4 games next year I won't be surprised.

If by next year you mean this year, I agree. If you really mean next year, I would be surprised and disappointed.

I thought the exact same thing watching that tape, only a couple of times did he step up in the pocket....pretty reminiscent of Tyler last year. Lots of bootlegs and rollouts....why I was really hoping for Woods to start.

I thought the exact same thing watching that tape, only a couple of times did he step up in the pocket....pretty reminiscent of Tyler last year. Lots of bootlegs and rollouts....why I was really hoping for Woods to start.
Holy Cow Buffrocks, I haven't seen you post in forever.

Back