What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jordan Webb named as starter - Confirmed

I believe that if Webb beat out Wood, then he has not only demonstrated a superior knowledge of the play book but also has proved he can execute the offense better than Webb. Based on that I think CU will be just fine. Wood has the talent, and the measurables to be a stud QB so we will see what happens. I want some established leadership though and I think getting that settled sooner rather than later will be better.
Obviously this has been discussed quite a bit, but I wonder if Webb struggles how quickly will it take to put Wood in. I was personally hoping for Woods just because of the potential, but I have not been seeing these guys every day. Is it just me or does it worry you guys at all that whenever he feels a bit of pressure he rolls out or back tracks. He never seems to stay in the pocket and get rid of it with the rush coming.

Bags of sunflower seeds often contain pieces of the stem that gets roasted with the seeds. When roasted, these stems often look like small wood chips and they're in almost every bag of seeds.

Also the Kansas Buffalo Association is located on N Woodchuck Street in Witchita.

It's obvious Wood must be the starter.

Wood was born in Kansas

Webb is a Kansas transfer

Hopefully, JE is just going to say it's a 2 man race.

Edit: Nevermind. Just told Logan it's going to be Webb on 850 koa.

Colorado Football ‏@RunRalphieRun
It’s official: Jon Embree names Jordan Webb as CU’s starting QB.#GoBuffs Read B.G. Brooks first: http://sh2.sh/WebbCUQB

Expand
Embree: "Webb's calm under pressure, he's not afraid to come back if he misses something."

Expand

Embree: "Webb has been there and been through it. I think that helped him in the competition."

Expand

Last edited:
Jordan Webb - Named CU starter per 850 KOA

Coach Embree is on 850 KOA at the moment and just named transfer QB Jordan Webb the starting QB for the upcoming Colorado Buffaloes football season.

Alright! Glad that is out of the way. Now we can prepare for the season.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I'd be shocked if Webb was a legit 5'10.

Making the decision this early must mean Webb was a lot better than Wood/Hirsch. Color me disappointed.

Hmm, it's disappointing that Wood wasn't impressive enough to win the job. Maybe we didn't get such a great player there after all. :huh:

Left a little cold by the announcement being teased through tweets....just have this sick feeling we are headed for QB Drama part III - Embree version

Hmm, it's disappointing that Wood wasn't impressive enough to win the job. Maybe we didn't get such a great player there after all. :huh:
It sounds like Wood needs to get the mental part down because Embree said he can make all the throws but isn't consistent.

I really don't think we could go wrong with Webb or Wood starting but Hirsh was never in the discussion it sounds like. It never hurts to have a experienced QB who can move around in the pocket and is used to the speed of the game. I still think we'll see Wood in the first two games at some point.

I also highly, highly doubt we have any more QB drama outside of the first two games if they turn into blowouts. Embree does not seem like that kind of coach.

I just hope Dillon soaks it up on the sideline this year, puts on 30lbs, rehabs that shoulder and is ready to rock in 2013.

Not sure what to think. I was hoping Wood would separate himself, but that's based purely on him being a 4* recruit that was pursued by several big programs. If he couldn't do in a year what Webb has done in a few short weeks then I don't know what to think of the situation. As much as I like Embree, I also don't like that he announced it on twitter in the form of a riddle.

Too bad one of the tall kids with big arms didn't make a better showing. I guess you hope for the best - the boss has made his call

It sounds like Wood needs to get the mental part down because Embree said he can make all the throws but isn't consistent.

I really don't think we could go wrong with Webb or Wood starting but Hirsh was never in the discussion it sounds like. It never hurts to have a experienced QB who can move around in the pocket and is used to the speed of the game. I still think we'll see Wood in the first two games at some point.

I also highly, highly doubt we have any more QB drama outside of the first two games if they turn into blowouts. Embree does not seem like that kind of coach.

Yea, I also read that consistency was Wood's biggest drawback. It sounds like Webb was the safe pick due to his experience, that and nobody else really stepping up.

Webb is not my first choice but, i do trust Embree. I would've liked to see what each did in the first scrimmage. I hope he's right.

Just read the article on CUBuffs.com. Given that Embo hasn't named the second-string QB and says Wood and Hirsch are still competing for that job, Webb must have separated himself from the pack quite a bit.

Back