What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jordan Webb - Thoughts......

In a perfect world, Sefo redshirts this year and gets some spot duty next year as Wood's backup before taking over as a RS Sophomore in 2015. Webb is an insurance policy to keep the redshirt firmly on Sefo's back during 2013.

Besides I just heard our coach last night say "we need a big signature win to get this thing going". I guess they had a win at new mexico st. a couple of years ago, that is when the lights came on at San Jose St. after that they were competing and winning games from then on.

I know new mexico st. ??? I thought the same thing, but hey our coach said it.
It's more about how and when a team comes together than who the opponent is. The 2001 Buffs had their "lights coming on" moment vs. (an average) Okie State.

I said play the best player behind Wood if he can't perform for some reason, and right now the coaches have Sefo in that spot. I suggest you both argue with the depth chart, not me.

Because neither Dorman nor Gehrke are ready. The original plan was to burn Sefo's shirt, but with Webb back and healthy that is no longer the case.

Sent from a red light

Seriously? Wood has already won twice as many games at Colorado as Webb with half as many starts. Wood has made a lot of nice throws downfield to PRich, DD, and Spruce. He would have made few more had they not been dropped. Wood has legitimate BCS talent, and hasn't done anything that has really turned me off at this point. I'm still 100% behind him as the starter.
Wood didn't win any games under the Embree nightmare, Webb, amazingly won one.

Point is that one example does not make it common. Redshirting a true freshman>playing a true freshman in most cases, especially at QB.

We have people who bitched about Hansen having his RS pulled all the way to the end of last season and bitching about how Hawk pulled it for no reason. Well, what's different in this situation? We're four games in, it's doubtful he'll play this weekend so then we're half way into the season by time Sefo would play, what the hell is the point in burning his RS then? Set this team up for 2015 with Sefo running the offense as a third year sophomore. He will have a full understanding of the playbook then, have a couple years with Lindgren, have spent a few years in a college strength program, and will be used to the speed of the game as he will have played in 2014.

:yeahthat:

I remember it differently, people weren't necessarily upset that Hansen's redshirt was pulled - they were upset because of what followed. He was in a constant shuffle with Cody all season, never getting a real, extended opportunity. Then the following year, Hawk seemed to have realized this mistake and tried to redshirt him again only to yank the redshirt again and platooning him with Cody AGAIN. That's what pissed me off.

Redshirting doesn't guarantee anything - we did manage to redshirt Hirsch and Dillon and that didn't work out for us either. If Sefo is our best option behind Wood, then he should play if Wood goes down for any meaningful amount of time.

Pulling Hansen's redshirt isn't what screwed us in 2011, it was that in the years after we failed miserably to recruit anybody at QB that would be ready to take over when he left. Same applies here, our coaches need to be recruiting QB talent every year so there's someone ready to take over, then Sefo's redshirt becomes less critical. Recruiting one decent QB prospect every 4 years and hoping to redshirt him so he can be a 3-4 year starter isn't a good strategy.

Banking on QBs starting more than a couple years is not really all that reasonable.

I said play the best player behind Wood if he can't perform for some reason, and right now the coaches have Sefo in that spot. I suggest you both argue with the depth chart, not me.

According to Coach MacIntyre, Webb is most likely going to be the first guy off the Bench at QB. He is planning now on Redshirting Sefo.

Also, playing webb this year ensures his scholly opens up next year with no drama. That alone is worth a play or two.

Wasn't personal. Twas a fact. OP asked for thoughts on Webb. I gave them. Relax.

87tMA.jpg

Back