What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jordan Webb torn ACL

Very tough for the kid. If he sits out the season, will he have any eligibility left?

Very tough for the kid. If he sits out the season, will he have any eligibility left?
Seems that we have already applied for an exemption which could give him one more year. But I think it is time for him to move on. Obviously he is not going to make a living as a football player (maybe as a coach though?) and it appears he will have an undergrad from KU and a Master's from CU all on football scholarships.

Not a bad start to a career.

According to coach, yeah, “Jordan is a great young man, one who represents our program well, both on the field and off it as a graduate student in a tough major field of study (Educational Equity and Cultural Diversity).” Didn't he get a BA in General Studies (which might make it a BS degree) from Kansas? By comparison, this major could be tough, especially for a white kid.

Seems that we have already applied for an exemption which could give him one more year. But I think it is time for him to move on. Obviously he is not going to make a living as a football player (maybe as a coach though?) and it appears he will have an undergrad from KU and a Master's from CU all on football scholarships.

Not a bad start to a career.

BS General Studies
MS Educational Equity and Cultural Diversity
PhD Rock, Paper, Scissors

Why should he stop, now that he's focusing?

There's no way to say this without sounding insensitive, but less than a week ago nearly everyone here was hoping Webb's days as CU's QB were over, we'll now it's a reality (granted no one wanted to see him go out the way he did), so why are we suddenly concerned about him getting another year of eligibility?? I don't think Webb getting an extra year is in CU's best interest.

He seems like a good kid and I wish him well. He's got a bachelors in General Studies, a masters in diversity, and a PhD in getting your brains beat in on terrible football teams, it's time to move on.

Last edited:
There's no way to say this without sounding insensitive, but less than a week ago nearly everyone here was hoping Webb's days as CU's QB were over, we'll now it's a reality (granted no one wanted to see him go out the way he did), so why are we suddenly concerned about him getting another year of eligibility?? I don't think Webb getting an extra year is in CU's best interest.

He seems like a good kid and I wish him well. He's got a bachelors in General Studies, a masters in diversity, and a PhD in getting your brains beat in on terrible football teams, it's time to move on.

Agree with this. I like and respect Webb but if he is our QB in the future we aren't getting better.

Give him a medical retirement and let him finish his degree. Let him participate in team functions, he may even be able to work with young guys on film study. If he shows a talent for that, which wouldn't surprise me since his strength has always been said to be his knowledge and preparation, look at a GA position for him in the future if it is the right choice.

I hope Jordan ends up like another Jordan we were recruiting some time ago, Jordan Wynn. Once medically unable to compete he transitioned into coaching and mentoring other QBs. Seems like a good career path should Webb choose to stay in football.

Back