What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jordan Webb

Honestly, an average qb would be just fine IF we had an offensive line that could provide a hole to a RB or more than 2 seconds to the average QB. I thought Webb did just fine. He missed some throws he should have made, but also made some nice throws when we needed them. A 5 star QB of prototypical size/strength would not have changed our OL performance OR the fact that we can't call plays to put our guys in position to have success.

we suck on so man levels. Facilities, coaching, playcalling, OL, Dline, QB, Running game and the list goes on. I dont even know where to begin to see any upswing... Decent players but not enough to compete on a BCS level and win consistently.

Same chitty crappy dark days of CU. No bright future in sight. No indications of any momentum that will turn this program around.

With an O line as PATHETIC as ours, we need Webb. At least he'd be a threat running. We might just beat the Hornets.

Well, my 8 year old just launched a football from one end of the yard well into the next yard.

Best pass I saw all day.

Webb was not impressive today, but he was not the reason for this pathetic loss.

I thought Webb was okay today. He was out of synch with McCullough on a couple of occassions, and that recurring out pattern to Gerald Thomas wasn't working out for some reason.

However, he went pseudo-Lawrance Vickers on some defender, and that made me smile.

His biggest problem is he holds the ball far to long for the type of OL we have. He gets 3 seconds, that's all. After three seconds, you gotta throw or go. Hell, smack the usher in the back of the head like the CSU kid did but if you still have the ball after 3 seconds you better be running for yards.

Here's a couple of observations re qb play. We don't have a deep threat right now (Richardson), most of our guys are possession guys. Our line can't hold a block to save its life. And while Webb has better mobility that C Hawkins, he's no hagan/stewart/Tim tebow. What we need to do is cut out the 5-step drop, implement the 3-step drop and just work solely on timing routes. Don't let anyone think right now. "Don't think meat, you'll only hurt the team"

Comparing Webb to Halkins is ****ing retarded. Wait, no it makes sense only if you are retarded.

Webb showed grit. He showed that when he wasn't beat to **** he had a good rhythm and good arm. Give him some protection and we'll be going places.

I bet he didn't think he'd miss Kansas as much as he does tonight.

Btw... I hope Embo rips every players ass who didn't help him up. I saw way too many guys watching Webb scrape himself off the ground.

Here's a couple of observations re qb play. We don't have a deep threat right now (Richardson), most of our guys are possession guys. Our line can't hold a block to save its life. And while Webb has better mobility that C Hawkins, he's no hagan/stewart/Tim tebow. What we need to do is cut out the 5-step drop, implement the 3-step drop and just work solely on timing routes. Don't let anyone think right now. "Don't think meat, you'll only hurt the team"

What I was thinking... again, it goes to the OC, his understanding of the talent and adjusting to put them in position to succeed. The long passes to nobody didn't look like miscommunications. It looked like a QB that was getting slaughtered feeling like they needed to get rid of the ball. With the line they have, they need to use shorter routes until the DBs begin to cheat up.

JW is fine, just give him average time and he will provide better than average results.

Ok did yall not see the 3 step drops that he couldnt get the ball out? I saw more than 1, we didnt catch the ball well either. You cant just run 3 step drops, we are screwed if so.

PLayed with grit, tough player, but still has average QB skills, better than Hawkins, but still average. More comfortable in the shotgun than under center. How they **** is CU going to compete with teams like UCLA, USC, Washington, with an average QB like Webb.

Ok did yall not see the 3 step drops that he couldnt get the ball out? I saw more than 1, we didnt catch the ball well either. You cant just run 3 step drops, we are screwed if so.

He looked bad when he wasn't in shotgun.

An elite QB can make an average OL look better. He can release the ball on time in a 3 step drop or throw it away. Webb looked uncomfortable in 3 steps and 5 step drops. He missed several throws,one deep ball to Spruce that would have being a touchdown, didn't make the right reads . The team is young and will get better.

An elite QB can make an average OL look better. He can release the ball on time in a 3 step drop or throw it away. Webb looked uncomfortable in 3 steps and 5 step drops. He missed several throws,one deep ball to Spruce that would have being a touchdown, didn't make the right reads . The team is young and will get better.

I don't think anyone thought Webb was elite even before yesterday.

Doesn't matter about Webb, we will be seeing Wood or Hirsch (or both) very soon if our online continues to let Webb get the crap beat out of him. Looks like another season with an under talented backup(s) qb trying carry the team.

Doesn't matter about Webb, we will be seeing Wood or Hirsch (or both) very soon if our online continues to let Webb get the crap beat out of him. Looks like another season with an under talented backup(s) qb trying carry the team.

If Hirschman ever sees the field again, I might cry.

I wouldnt mind seeing Wood, as bad as that sounds lol. SJ is right tho, Webb got his ass kicked yesterday, dude isnt 240. Our oline probably pisses me off the most, they cant be that weak, id be embarrassed if I was them. 58 yards rushing mmmhmmm, nice job guys.

Back