1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joseph Neguse - University of Colorado Regent - 2nd Congressional District

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Elected Officials and Polit' started by dio, Oct 15, 2012.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Joseph Neguse

[​IMG]

Phone: 303.501.7102
    Email: Joe.Neguse@cu.edu

Education: Bachelors Degree in Economics and Political Science - University of Colorado, Law Degree - University of Colorado

Job: Regent, Attorney

Term: 2009 - 2015

INCUMBENT - University of Colorado Regent - 2nd Congressional District (D)

Bio: Joe Neguse emigrated from Eritrea as a child, but has spent most of his life in Colorado. He graduated summa *** laude from CU-Boulder in 2005 with a bachelor's degree in economics and political science. While at CU, he was the CU-Boulder student body president and chair of the Intercampus Student Forum.

Joe con-founded and directed the Fund Our Future Campaign, an organization aimed at increasing funding for public higher education. After graduation, he also served as the Assistant to former Speaker of the Colorado House of Representatives, and co-founded New Era Colorado. He served as Commissioner on the Boulder Housing Authority.

In May 2009 Joe graduated from CU Law School. During law school Joe served as Class President and worked as an extern in Governor Bill Ritter's Office of Legal Counsel.

Joe also works as an attorney and practices law as an associate at Holland and Hart, LLP, in addition to his work as a CU Regent.

Effects on Athletics:

Response to Allbuffs Question and Answer:

Quotes regarding athletics:

2. dio

I mentioned in another thread, but I emailed Joe on Friday and never received a response

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I did the same. I might call him next.

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

It seems as though Joe Neguse's preferred method of response is no response - he is ignoring our inquiries by email and phone as well.

5. dio

Yep - I have heard nothing from him

6. 4thGenBuff

4thGenBuff Active Member

Joe was a Tri Exec. His primary project was working on SORCE, I am sure that is still one of his primary concerns. He was definitely very progressive.

He and his fellow tri-execs created a descent amount conflict by forcing the UMC to give the senior student lounge (donated from prior classes senior gift) to their pet project SORCE.

7. 4thGenBuff

4thGenBuff Active Member

I don't think he is big on athletics one way or the other.