What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Josh Scott: Best big in the west?

Colorado is clearly in the West (e.g. the term Rocky Mountain West), I'd say Josh is clearly the most skilled big man in the West. He doesn't have jaw dropping athleticism that gets consistent ESPN highlights, but I'll take his steady skills and winning thank you.

Colorado is clearly in the West (e.g. the term Rocky Mountain West), I'd say Josh is clearly the most skilled big man in the West. He doesn't have jaw dropping athleticism that gets consistent ESPN highlights, but I'll take his steady skills and winning thank you.

The people who don't recognize Jelly's greatness are the same types of basketball fans who think Blake Griffin is a better PF than Tim Duncan. (Hence the all-star voting this season despite the Spurs being 3 1/2 up on the Clippers while Tim averages another double-double this year.)

It's great to see Josh is developing some strong personal confidence, he will be very tough this next year or two:

"Josh takes this matchup personal," Boyle said. "What went on here last year in this building we didn't like, we didn't appreciate and he hasn't forgotten about it and neither have I. I hope our fans haven't either. I don't think they have. I'm proud of Josh. He's a battler. I'll take that guy any day of the week."

Scott, however, didn't take the opportunity to gloat. Just another day at the office, as far as he was concerned.
"I've been doing that all season, so it doesn't change my confidence whatsoever," Scott said. "He's the best shot blocker in the conference and in the nation. It's cool (to play well against Bachynski), but I've been doing this all year."

The people who don't recognize Jelly's greatness are the same types of basketball fans who think Blake Griffin is a better PF than Tim Duncan. (Hence the all-star voting this season despite the Spurs being 3 1/2 up on the Clippers while Tim averages another double-double this year.)

On an off-topic note, I'm starting to be convinced that Duncan may be one of the most underrated players of all-time...

Back on topic, semantics about location aside, I think it's safe to say that Josh is one of the best bigs in the nation and should be in the running for an All-American nod next year. I'd love to see him get some P12 POY buzz, but it probably won't happen.

If he goes off during the conf tourney, he could get the POY buzz you're talking about. Sometimes though, the guy is just too quiet when he gets his 15/10, but I think he's got 13 double doubles on the season?

Great gets thrown around alot, not sure I'm ready to go there. He has the potential to be a premier 4. He plays quite a bit like Timmy D who is the best 4 I've seen in my lifetime. I think Josh shoots better than him, he has real good touch.

If he goes off during the conf tourney, he could get the POY buzz you're talking about. Sometimes though, the guy is just too quiet when he gets his 15/10, but I think he's got 13 double doubles on the season?
Isn't that stuff determined before the conf tourney begins?

Great gets thrown around alot, not sure I'm ready to go there. He has the potential to be a premier 4. He plays quite a bit like Timmy D who is the best 4 I've seen in my lifetime. I think Josh shoots better than him, he has real good touch.

The C-Unit ought to have something special in store for Josh when he sinks his first 3.

Adding 3P to his stat line would add some panache.

I'm most impressed by his FT shooting. 82% and rising lately. How many big men can say that?

Plus he's a magician when it comes to getting opposing frontcourts into foul trouble.

How about Mr. Consistent. He has scored in double digits all but 3 games this season, and once in the last 21 games. Bauce

I'm most impressed by his FT shooting. 82% and rising lately. How many big men can say that?

He has a great mid-range jump shot too (I wish he would utilize it more), just needs to work on his ball handling-for example the ability to catch it 15 feet from the hoop and get to the rim. Would be very beneficial to anyone but specifically as a guy whose likely an undersized center at the next level. All other aspects of his game on both side of the floor seem to be there.

He has a great mid-range jump shot too (I wish he would utilize it more), just needs to work on his ball handling-for example the ability to catch it 15 feet from the hoop and get to the rim. Would be very beneficial to anyone but specifically as a guy whose likely an undersized center at the next level. All other aspects of his game on both side of the floor seem to be there.

So, you want the best big in the west to shoot mid-range jumpers and face up his man from 15 feet and try to penetrate? Sounds like a recipe for success.

He's going to be fun to watch over the next two years. Consider where he is as a starter in his Sophomore year. (On the theme of blowing sunshine) consider what the experience he's going to get this post season with CU playing three conference tournament games and then going deep in the NCAAs. I'm looking for him to have some key moments in post season play this year -- my perception is that tourney time is when the big guys win or lose games for you (that perception may be dated, but it's my perception).

Back