What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Josh Scott MVP of "The Show"

Nice . Both MVP's are signed with the Buffs ... Scott for the men and Huggins for the women. Way to recruit, coaches!!

Wesley Gordon with two left handed jams in a row. Got to get rid of the hair cut, but solid player.

both Dominique Collier and Josh Perkins looking pretty awesome. Talton looks quick, but is pretty invisible.

Collier and Perkins both looked really freaking good. Want either or both, please. Scott and Gordon looked fantastic, and got me pretty excited. XT will be good, but seemed to be a little overwhelmed with all that talent on the court.

I was at the nuggs game on friday night and saw scott in the concourse, I told him that i looked forward to him being a buff, seems like a nice kid. He does look like he needs to put on some weight, but that will come. I don't get why they have this game after the nuggs game, why not before? I can't imagine many outside of family stuck around for the game.

Great to see the future Buffs are looking solid! And as a Denver Christian alumni and former player very happy to see Coach Katte finish an amazing coaching career with an undefeated season, 27-0 with DC and 1-0 with the All-Stars.

Not a bad game to watch and it's good to see that kind of talent in-state this year. Scott and Gordon both looked good, but I think we'll need to be patient with Scott initially while he learns to get his shot off against bigger defenders. Talton's shot wasn't falling but I did like the quickness. The two I was really impressed with were Collier and Perkins. Collier's really quick and creative. He looks like a pure point to me but will need to add some strength. Perkins was even more impressive, IMO. He showed range on the jumper and no one could stay in front of him, he was getting to the basket at will. If he learns to finish a little better, he'll be an offensive force. Long-term he may turn out better than Collier.

Great to see the future Buffs are looking solid! And as a Denver Christian alumni and former player very happy to see Coach Katte finish an amazing coaching career with an undefeated season, 27-0 with DC and 1-0 with the All-Stars.

As a Holy Family alum, I have tremendous respect for Coach Katte. A fantastic coach, and from everything I've a heard a better person. Faith Christian can suck it though.

MattRob - pretty much agree on all points.

I thought Collier was a little quicker on the dribble and more of a true point. Great passer. Perkins had a better stroke.

Talton held his own. Kid can really jump and is athletic/quick and will be a nice player if he can shoot from the outside.

Scott is 100% hustling and is strong both right and left. Struggles to get his shot off when guarded by Gordon.

Gordon is a shot blocking rebounding machine, with little to no offensive game at this point. He doesn't hustle all the time (got beat jogging down the court when Scott was sprinting for an easy dunk). Doubt that is ever a problem here under TB though.

Also thought the Cal commit looked pretty darned good for a big man. I don't know when the last time I've seen a big man as good as those three. Weird to have all three in one year here in Colorado.

MattRob - pretty much agree on all points.

I thought Collier was a little quicker on the dribble and more of a true point. Great passer. Perkins had a better stroke.

Talton held his own. Kid can really jump and is athletic/quick and will be a nice player if he can shoot from the outside.

Scott is 100% hustling and is strong both right and left. Struggles to get his shot off when guarded by Gordon.

Gordon is a shot blocking rebounding machine, with little to no offensive game at this point. He doesn't hustle all the time (got beat jogging down the court when Scott was sprinting for an easy dunk). Doubt that is ever a problem here under TB though.

Also thought the Cal commit looked pretty darned good for a big man. I don't know when the last time I've seen a big man as good as those three. Weird to have all three in one year here in Colorado.

I disagree on Gordon. Gordon post moves are very good, He has a good jump hook, and can shoot the ball from he perimeter, the problem with him he is not agressive enough. He is like Nene, talented but he defers alot, also good passer. The Cal commit lacks strenght, he is okay, nothing special.

Rodriguez was a mixed bag. He's more athletic and active than i expected, but he has no real basketball skills. He really didn't show any post moves or even try to post up. His offensive game is basically standing inside and hoping the ball finds him. I can see some upside there but he's a long-term project.

Scott-Dude looked good. Lacks athleticism but seems to be fundamentally sound. I'd compare him to Tim Duncan (obviously not as good). He absolutely dominated the game. He is still very skinny/lanky
Gordon-Very athletic. Lacked an offensive game. Neither seemed that physical. Also WTF was up with his hair
Talton- He looked to have good size and athleticism. He missed quite a few outside shots (nearly every one I saw him take)

Collier- Very athletic but skinny. He went up and stuffed a Haldorson? shot at the rim.
Perkins-He looked physically ready, probably more so than any of the previous 4. Good ball-handling and shot. I was very impressed

Scott-Dude looked good. Lacks athleticism but seems to be fundamentally sound. I'd compare him to Tim Duncan (obviously not as good). He absolutely dominated the game. He is still very skinny/lanky
Gordon-Very athletic. Lacked an offensive game. Neither seemed that physical. Also WTF was up with his hair
Talton- He looked to have good size and athleticism. He missed quite a few outside shots (nearly every one I saw him take)

Collier- Very athletic but skinny. He went up and stuffed a Haldorson? shot at the rim.
Perkins-He looked physically ready, probably more so than any of the previous 4. Good ball-handling and shot. I was very impressed
Meh. He dominated a top 5 player during AAU last summer and Roberson is pretty damn skinny to, not really concerned as long as he can take control down low.

Back