What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Josh Scott Not Done Growing?

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
During middle school, Scott said he was growing "about an inch or two a year . . . we didn't know when I would stop; I'm the tallest in the family. We just never knew."

And more growth might be on the way. Several weeks ago, after an X-ray on his wrist, he was told the growth plates in his wrist have not closed.

So, with fingers crossed, he said, "Maybe 6-11? 7-feet? I'd be happy."

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle....st&hq_e=el&hq_m=414090&hq_l=6&hq_v=54026bb302

Jelly is already a force... I've been referring to him as the "Little Fundamental" due to his similarities with Duncan. He grows another few inches, and he might just be the "Next Fundamental." :lol:

Growing would help us a lot as well as his chances in the NBA. Being 6'9 with below average athleticism doesn't help him

Growing would help us a lot as well as his chances in the NBA. Being 6'9 with below average athleticism doesn't help him
That's always been my thought as to why we have him for four years. He grows to 7+ and kiss that goodbye. However, even another inch or 2 would be very helpful

I've been referring to him as the "Little Fundamental" due to his similarities with Duncan. He grows another few inches, and he might just be the "Next Fundamental." :lol:

"New Fundamental" is already a trademarked property of RumblinBuff enterprises. I feel that "Next Fundamental" is infringing on those rights.

Anyone know a good lawyer?

I am more concerned with him putting on at least 20 lbs this off season.

Can't remember which game it was, but I remember listening to the post-game interview with Tad on 850 and he said that Josh came up to him that week and said "Coach, I'm really excited about this off-season. I know I'm going to be able to put on 20-30 pounds this summer."

With Josh pursuing a double major, we're not talking about a guy who is thinking at all about leaving early.

Everyone also needs to keep in mind that since his growth plates haven't closed, it's going to be hard for him to put on bulk. I think we'd all be very happy with 10 lbs, the addition of a lot of good strength, and a legit 6'10 1/2" - 6'11" in height for the 2013-14 season. Hell, we'd all be very happy if the same exact Josh Scott as this year came back next year with a couple extra tricks to his trade. Additional size is just gravy, imo.

Nice find darth.

I imagine he'll also become a bit more coordinated and athletic once he finishes growing. What's he gonna be like next year?

Back