1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh Scott: Pac-12 Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

[​IMG]

BOULDER – University of Colorado senior forward Josh Scott was named the Pac-12 Conference Player of the Week for the week of Jan. 11-17 the league office announced on Monday.

The weekly honor from the Pac-12 is Scott’s first and Colorado’s sixth since joining the conference in 2011-12.

A 6-10 senior, Scott averaged 21.0 points, 11.5 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 2.0 assists helping the Buffaloes to a home weekend sweep of Oregon State (71-54) and Oregon (91-87). The Monument, Colo., native shot 61 percent from the floor (14-of-23) while helping Colorado move to 14-4 overall, 3-2 in the Pac-12, good for third place in the league standings, and one game back of the top spot.

Scott had a season-high 25 points in the win over Oregon State on Jan. 13 hitting identical 8-of-11 marks from the field and free throw line (.727). He grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked three shots, recording his fourth 20-point, 10-rebound effort of the season.

In a highly anticipated match up with Oregon on Jan. 17, Scott again had a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds while tying a season-high three assists. Scott hit 50 percent from the field (6-of-12) and also had a pair of blocked shots. He also became the 10th player in Colorado history to reach 1,500 points during the win over Oregon and moved into fifth place in career rebounds (868).

A Kareem Abdul-Jabbar award candidate, as the nation’s best big man, Scott has recorded double-doubles in each of his last four games, a personal-best string during conference games. He’s second in the Pac-12 with 10 double-doubles and also ranks in the league’s top 5 in scoring (17.8 ppg), rebounds (9.8 rpg) and field goal percentage (.575).

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210646098

WasianCU and 4DemBuffs like this.
  2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Scott has been shutting down his critics at pretty much every turn. He has stepped up against huge competition which in the past he has disappeared from. I hope he continues at this pace, because this will be a monster season for him if he does.

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Did you know Josh Scott is a coach's dream? His parents were both athletes. He has been getting progressively better every year since his freshman year. Tad Boyle would like to have 11 or 12 players on the team with Josh's work ethic. He is the college version of Tim Duncan.

I know this because every TV announcer who calls a CU game works off of some variation of the same old script.

Congrats J40 Joshua Jelly Scott for being the man.

ZandiBuff likes this.
  4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Against Cal, I thought Jelly was horrible. And he put up an ORtg of 99.

Fletch and Fortune both have ORtgs below 99 and Tory's is 99.4 for the year.

Jelly is an absolute monster.

Now if only our damn wings would get him the ball.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Too bad he isn't a Wooden top 20. Or wasn't even a top 50 for that matter. Kind of a joke to me that if you don't make the list initially you have no shot. Not that I think he'd win it, but he should be top 20 at least.

scoob likes this.
  6. scoob

scoob Club Member Club Member

Hard to believe this is the first time he's won it.

WasianCU likes this.
  7. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Well deserved. Congratulations.

8. buffalo1

buffalo1 Club Member Club Member

Congrats to Josh. He has been rock solid for this team. Hoping Tad finds more of him!

9. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

He good. Ridiculous this is his first one.

10. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Congrats to Josh!

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Anyone know who the other 5 Buff POWeeks were? I assume Spencer a couple times and...?

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think I remember XJ getting one and maybe Carlon.

Did Ski get one last year when he had that ridiculous game at USC?