1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josh & Wes were amazing today

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Josh -- 21 pts on 15 shots (3/4 FTs) with 11 rebounds
    Wes -- 15 pts on 4 shots (7/9 FTs) with 12 rebounds along with 3 blocked shots

But what really tells the story of this game is the way their interior defense altered the game.

CSU shot 52.2% from 3pt range (12/23). But when they tried to go near our bigs for 2pt shots?

14/41 (34%)

That's nasty. Particularly in the 2nd half once the guards figured out to force left (and switched) for more difficult dribble penetration and the team defense started getting back to prevent fast break run-outs.

scoob, WasianCU, SlatsGrobnik and 3 others like this.
  2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Oh yea, and wes was 100% from 3.

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

A double double double from the pair. WG's double treys were undoubtedly delicious, dude.

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Dom gets credit for the steal on the entry pass to the CSU big guy he switched onto, but Wes is the one on the perimeter who tipped the point guard's pass attempt.

12 boards, 3 blocked shots and it still seems low compared to the impact he had on the game. Big time performance.

5. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Josh got PUMPED. [​IMG]

6. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

My fav part of the game

7. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

I think Wes is finally finding his nitch, or at least I hope. I think it was Nik who mentioned that he needed to really focus on rebounding and blocking shots. He can then get his points off of offensive rebounds and open looks. I think CSU was a little of an anomaly as far as size goes, so it really showed with our bigs. We took advantage of that in the second half and just killed CSU. Hopefully it is something that moves forward the rest of the year.