What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joshua Tupou, CU Buffs lineman, facing assault charges in University Hill brawl

Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is the part where you take on some humility and perhaps learn why you keep getting banned for shouting people down, some times other people with a larger frame of reference can hold a differing view from you and not be wrong.

Internalize the ****ty lesson.

SIAP... it was hidden in an article on CuBuffs.com, but the way that I read it is that there is no chance Tupou is back next year:

Here's the article.

I wouldn't take that out of the article at all. Tupou is not a member of the team this year, it has been that way since the disciplinary action was announced. He is not officially an enrolled student at the university and thus cannot be considered a part of the team or any student activity or program.

As long as he doesn't do something to gain additional sanctions he will be able to enroll for next year and be a member of the team.

Mac already said that hopefully he is back next year so from the AD side they are expecting him back.

If you read the article on Rivals about Solis from the other day he mentioned Tupou in it.

Additional notes

• Solis said Tupou has remained in Colorado despite not being on campus this fall. He could return to CU and play as a fifth-year senior in 2016.

"We have been here together since day one and he is one of my best friends so we talk all the time and hang out all the time," Solis said of Tupou. "He is as good as anyone could be in that situation. He is trying to stay as positive as he can. He definitely misses it and he can't wait to get back out here."

The decision to kick him off the team for the year was harsh. I hope he is back next year. Could use another year to solidify his draft stock.

Trying not to get my hopes up. But it's no big revelation for me to say that having Tupou at NT in 2016 dramatically changes the DL talent and depth to answer the biggest question mark we anticipated we'd have heading into next year. Find a big WR on the outside and some OT depth and the 2016 edition will be very solid.

Keep in mind he wasn't kicked off the team. His punishment is non athletic. He was suspended from the school for a year, which is an academic punishment.

Back