1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Josiah Turner watch out

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by dyemeduke, Dec 10, 2011.

1. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

because Tony Wroten is the best freshman in the conference. UW is fun to watch if they're clicking.

2. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Wroten is hands down the best Freshman in the conf, his games has a little too much "razzle dazzle" in it right now, but he is super talented. I keep saying this, but if UW figures it out they will make some noise this year, they have plenty of talent to be a top 25 team.

3. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

It's going to be tough for any Pac team to make a lot of noise I'm afraid. I don't think more than two Pac teams will be invited to the tourney, so a team will really need to finish Top 2 in Pac or win the tourney to be comfortable.

I think Wroten's upside is huge, especially once he cuts back on turnovers and improves FT shooting, but he's way too careless with the ball right now. It was interesting to see that he was the one guy who was not intimidated by Duke yesterday... He single-handedly kept UW in it for awhile and came up clutch near the end. Easily his best game of the year. And it looks like he's fully recovered from his surgery now.

UW will be interesting to follow. Senior Scott Suggs is now out for the year, using a redshirt or medical redshirt to come back next year for his final year.

Aziz went down yesterday with a "knee sprain" (code for ACL tear). Good chance he'll be gone the rest of the year too.

When UW went to its smaller lineup without Aziz they seemed to improve yesterday, but if he's lost for the season it will no doubt hurt.

As it stands now UW is down to essentially one senior (Gant), one junior (Gaddy) and two sophomores (Wilcox and Ross) and the rest freshman.... UW could do well or not, the next month will tell a lot. I think UW will go as Wroten goes, he's the one guy with a killer instinct on UW...