What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Juicebox on The Fan

If Squawk really didn't say "10 wins, no excuses" than he could rack up quite the payday from the lawsuits of dozens of columnists/writers for falsification, who quoted him... And if you go back to those articles, it was put into quotations each time.

If it was just an idea or internet rumor, why would every columnist put it in quotes...
Answer: They learned, while obtaining their journalism degree that when you copy something that someone said, you have to put these thingy's around it.. "---"

Evans and Clough were the WORST IMO. Talk about boring, angry sports talk.

IMO - The best is Klatt and Kreckman. Entertaining, upbeat, and knowledgeable.

As for the interview - I didn't have much of a problem with it. DMac was overly aggressive and not particularly tactful, but I was happy to hear someone ask a few of the tough questions that have been on our collective minds.

It's a matter of opinion, I suppose. Clough and Evans were far and away my favorite show in the market.

He started out saying it wasnt a guarantee. That I can buy---it wasnt. Was a goal. Now he says he didnt say it?? Ehhh....yeah you did, dumb****???:confused:

Evans and Clough were the WORST IMO. Talk about boring, angry sports talk.

IMO - The best is Klatt and Kreckman. Entertaining, upbeat, and knowledgeable.

As for the interview - I didn't have much of a problem with it. DMac was overly aggressive and not particularly tactful, but I was happy to hear someone ask a few of the tough questions that have been on our collective minds.

Clough has his own show for 3 hrs between 7 & 10... :wow:

It's a matter of opinion, I suppose. Clough and Evans were far and away my favorite show in the market.

Sandy clough is the worst. CU hater and he screams and calls buffs fans stupid and hangs up on them so nobody can listen to him being punked on facts.

lmfao every damn time hawky is asked about ds he always says were geting him in there :lol: oh he must mean 4 carries........:wtf: !!!! like i said before stewart is ok @ best trips on his on feet if he makes it to the open field....couldnt start at any other big 12 school:gobuffs:

Oh. Well, someone tell me which shows I'm allowed to like.

So I'll know what my opinion should be.

You gave yours, I gave my opinion of clough, no big deal, listen to whatever you want, i'm sure you know what you like...:thumbsup:

For you people attacking D-Mac, what did he do wrong? And don't tell me he was a dbag or something like that. What question did he ask that was wrong to ask?

The guy asked the hard questions that no one else is asking Hawkins to his face. They arent rude questions or even mean spirited. He didnt ask anything that we have been posting and complaining about on here for the past month. Hell, unless you ask Hawk about the weather, every question is going to be insulting when discussing his on the job results. Either grow a pair or resign!!!

He and Alfred both discussed the type of questions they were going to ask him for the half hour that Hawk left them hanging on the radio show. If anything, Hawk needs to come up with answers to those questions and more. I knew Alfred was going to let him ask the tough questions so that it wouldn't come across as Al taking shots at the CU coach.

Another thing... Hawk knew their show ran until the baseball game started and I think he intentionally waited as long as possible so they couldnt get too deep into the questions. Hawk promised 5:30 and didnt get on the show until a little after 5:55.

"ohhh, I can't answer those questions guys because your show is over and the baseball game is starting"

Sound familiar? Best line from the August Plati-Tude, per Hawkins:[FONT=Cambria, serif]" played American Legion baseball once when I was in high school, and I struck out my first seventeen at bats. Struck out. Now that wasn't in a few games because you could imagine the coach spacing that out, 'I'm going to give you a game, maybe next game then I'm going to wait a few more games.' And I kept thinking, 'seventeen times, that's unbelievable.' But you know my dad was always awesome. He was like 'Keep swinging man, keep swinging, you'll never going to hit if you quit swinging,' and eventually it comes around"

[/FONT]

The D Mac questions seemed fine to me. I read all the posts before I listened to the interview and you whinny little b***** made it sound like Hawk was punk'd in the interview. Seemed like he asked the right questions that everybody else has been talking about and wishing they could ask Hawk.

The D Mac questions seemed fine to me. I read all the posts before I listened to the interview and you whinny little b***** made it sound like Hawk was punk'd in the interview. Seemed like he asked the right questions that everybody else has been talking about and wishing they could ask Hawk.

Exactly!

I think we have some Hawk lovers in this thread that are a bit blind to what has been going on the past few months.

Oh, and I am no D-mac fan either, but he didn't do anything wrong there!

Sound familiar? Best line from the August Plati-Tude, per Hawkins:[FONT=Cambria, serif]" played American Legion baseball once when I was in high school, and I struck out my first seventeen at bats. Struck out. Now that wasn't in a few games because you could imagine the coach spacing that out, 'I'm going to give you a game, maybe next game then I'm going to wait a few more games.' And I kept thinking, 'seventeen times, that's unbelievable.' But you know my dad was always awesome. He was like 'Keep swinging man, keep swinging, you'll never going to hit if you quit swinging,' and eventually it comes around" [/FONT]

I'm guessing at bat 18 was a soft ground ball to the 2nd baseman.

Thanks for the link to the interview clip. Those were some of the questions I'd have asked (missing was the "Why do you pull rhythm-runners off the field so take away momentum, turn them back in to cold players and stall drives? Why can't rhythm runners be used to maintain their hot-hand?") and I heard expected answers.

If Coach felt the questions were inappropriate, most of those could have been softened by longer pre-question discussions, but the Coach's decision on phoning in at THAT time eliminated that. He asked for little time - he was given little time, including no warm-up's, no softies. When he makes HIS decisions better, then perhaps interviewers can modify theirs.

If he doesn't feel any obligation to fans, fine. I see ZERO REASON to have any respect for the press whatsoever, but as long as he steps into their arena, then he should know what's going to happen.

I love the new excuse: "I never said that!" I wonder when someone will mention that was the team motto going into the season? And it was posted on Coach's wall but those posters have long been removed.

Oh. Well, someone tell me which shows I'm allowed to like.

So I'll know what my opinion should be.

Klatt and Kreckman :smile2:

I do realize that Clough has this small, but rabid following in the Denver area. I never got it. I don't think he is as knowledgeable as everyone thinks, he is an asshole to callers, he hates CU, and he is a condescending jerk most of time.

The only time I liked Clough was when he was paired with Mark Moser a few years back. The Moser didn't put up with grumpy Clough, and both called him on his sports claims and made the show fun.

DMAC is an east coast punk and Hawk handled the questions well. Alfred was embarrassed for DMAC in my opinion - rightly so. Classless and once again affirms my decision to have taken the FAN off my dial along time ago.

How is that Denver has the worst talk show hosts of any major market? I've lived in SoCal, Phoenix, Dallas, Boston and here and this is by far the most ridiculous market I've ever seen. Sandy? Irv and Joe? OMG.

Irv and Joe are gone, thankfully.

Again?!? Really? I thought they were on 1600 AM in the afternoon.

Klatt and Kreckman is by far the best sports radio show in the market. Two guys who have good voices for radio, know the local sports scene, can think on their feet, and are halfway intelligent. That combination doesn't work for any of the other shows.

Again?!? Really? I thought they were on 1600 AM in the afternoon.

Well, since you can only hear am 1600 if you are within 100' of the broadcast booth or have an antenna as high as The Sears Tower, they might as well be gone....but they do a heck of a job.:thumbsup:

DMAC is an east coast punk and Hawk handled the questions well. Alfred was embarrassed for DMAC in my opinion - rightly so. Classless and once again affirms my decision to have taken the FAN off my dial along time ago.

How is that Denver has the worst talk show hosts of any major market? I've lived in SoCal, Phoenix, Dallas, Boston and here and this is by far the most ridiculous market I've ever seen. Sandy? Irv and Joe? OMG.

If you had listened to the whole show, you would have heard Alfred coming up with most of those questions as he and Dmac along with everyone else in Buffland has been wondering them for a while now... This is the first time they have been asked to the coach though.

I know it is your opinion, but you are obviously basing it off of just the interview and not all the facts.

Sound familiar? Best line from the August Plati-Tude, per Hawkins:[FONT=Cambria, serif]" played American Legion baseball once when I was in high school, and I struck out my first seventeen at bats. Struck out. Now that wasn't in a few games because you could imagine the coach spacing that out, 'I'm going to give you a game, maybe next game then I'm going to wait a few more games.' And I kept thinking, 'seventeen times, that's unbelievable.' But you know my dad was always awesome. He was like 'Keep swinging man, keep swinging, you'll never going to hit if you quit swinging,' and eventually it comes around" [/FONT]

Brad Hawpe approves of this quote... :thumbsup:

BTW, did Hawk just say he played for his dad, who kept playing him even if he was playing horribly?? This could explain so much... :huh:

Well, since you can only hear am 1600 if you are within 100' of the broadcast booth or have an antenna as high as The Sears Tower, they might as well be gone....but they do a heck of a job.:thumbsup:

Or if you're in a garage on Garfield Street.... :lol:

I did not hear the interview. But I've heard Al and this DMack guy before. Sounds like he's trying to make a name for himself. I'd bet, behind the scenes, that Al might be a bit pissed. It'll be interesting to see how long DMack sticks around.

It's funny how Al has changed his tune on Hawkins and the program. After CSU he was up in arms. Now he is more "lets just wait and see. I've seen many programs get it turned around." I wonder what changed with Al?

Back