What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Junior Day 2011 - Scheduled for April 9th

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
In a departure from past years, CU will only be hosting one Junior Day for interested Class of 2012 football prospects. Importantly, Embree has decided to make this more of an event.... it's now the day of the Spring Game.

Since we don't have a ton of in-state talent in Colorado (compared to places like Texas and USC), it was smart to make the Junior Day part of a bigger draw. CU schedules a bunch of events on that day, including the Healthy Kids Day and the Forever Buffs 5K Run. Last year, many of the schools had open houses for incoming/prospective students.

I think it's a very big deal that Bohn continues to work with the CU administration to grow attendance and continue to grow this as a big EVENT. It needs to become like a spring carnival for Boulder and CU with a big crowd for the game.

For Embree, the game and the stuff surrounding it make it a perfect weekend for prospects to visit Boulder and check out CU. Especially guys who may have high school teammates who are now playing for the Buffs. And, of course, it needs to be a cool thing for the in-state guys to want to attend.

Also, other CU coaches should use this for their recruiting.

Sorry for writing a book here. I'm just very excited about this. We got almost nothing out of Junior Days in the past and this is an important move that can pay big dividends.

In a departure from past years, CU will only be hosting one Junior Day for interested Class of 2012 football prospects. Importantly, Embree has decided to make this more of an event.... it's now the day of the Spring Game.

Since we don't have a ton of in-state talent in Colorado (compared to places like Texas and USC), it was smart to make the Junior Day part of a bigger draw. CU schedules a bunch of events on that day, including the Healthy Kids Day and the Forever Buffs 5K Run. Last year, many of the schools had open houses for incoming/prospective students.

I think it's a very big deal that Bohn continues to work with the CU administration to grow attendance and continue to grow this as a big EVENT. It needs to become like a spring carnival for Boulder and CU with a big crowd for the game.

For Embree, the game and the stuff surrounding it make it a perfect weekend for prospects to visit Boulder and check out CU. Especially guys who may have high school teammates who are now playing for the Buffs. And, of course, it needs to be a cool thing for the in-state guys to want to attend.

Sorry for writing a book here. I'm just very excited about this. We got almost nothing out of Junior Days in the past and this is an important move that can pay big dividends.

It's admitted student day as well. That is why a lot of the schools have the open houses. I'm a little bitter because working on Admitted student day is mandatory so I'm unable to attend the spring game now. :sad1:

We need to be much better in landing early commitments going forward. This should help with that goal.

this is good news... you think it will pay dividends?

It's admitted student day as well. That is why a lot of the schools have the open houses. I'm a little bitter because working on Admitted student day is mandatory so I'm unable to attend the spring game now. :sad1:
I thought there was some talk about doing the spring game in the evening this year?

Buffnik thinks it will do no good at all. Just read his first post.

excuse me let me elaborate... do you think it will do what it does at texas... get some commitments... not to that extent but still... it would be nice to have more commits than we do currently, before fall ball starts...

Back