What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Junior Day this Saturday at CU

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
CU Football "Junior Day" is this Saturday. It's an opportunity for underclassmen prospects to meet the coaches, see the facilities, get familiar with the campus, etc.

I'll be updating reported attendees as they become known.

1. Dorian Brown (Thompson Valley)
2. Brendon Austin (Chaparral)
3. Marquise Coleman (Eaglecrest)
4. Justin Hansen (Longmont)
5. Connor Healy (Mullen)
6. Corey Ayers (Legacy)
7. Leilon Willingham (Mullen)
8. Kris Kentera (Pine Creek) - rumored, no confirmation

Last edited:
With the 2011 HS class in Colorado coming with such high expectations, I would hope that a lot more than 1 potential recruit shows up.

There will be more than one junior there. I believe the 1st junior day they had last year had 5-6 attendees. I would imagine we will try to get the Mullen kids and Chaparral kids up there this weekend. This is not just an "anyone can come" weekend like the Junior Day that occurs during Spring practices, this one is invite only.

Rivals is reporting that Brendon Austin, the great OT at Chaparral, will be attending Junior Day this Saturday.

Usually the invites to CU's Junior Day are the local guys expected to have double-digit offers from BCS programs. There will be more CU events and camps over the next several months where they'll bring in more guys. Frankly, it's so early that an invite to this one isn't close to being a make-or-break deal. Hemschoot, for example, didn't attend the invite-only Junior Day last year but attended the CU camp and has ended up being the #1 in-state target for 2010 after having a huge senior year.

Thanks, however with Legacy planning on not attend CU this summer and going to Florida instead and so many other schools asking him to attend camps. This lack of invite will just be another thing to say move on from CU and focus on others and the chances they bring.

And that is Corey's prerogative. He should pursue the best opportunity available to him.

Legacy, it seems that you already knew the answer to your own question here, which makes me ask what the point of asking it in the first place was? I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and think that it was innocuous enough, but asking a bunch of dorks on the internet about who's attending JR day seems strange to me, especially when you already knew the answer.

Well, since CU is not very forth coming on anything you have to ask the "dorks" as you say to confirm or at least validate it. Also, we never know the real answer until someone tells you it. Keep in mind the age old statement about assuming things. I don't want to do that. I would rather try and get some kind of confirmation.

So did I know the answer "NO". But you guys on this board seem to have the heart beat of everything going on in the High School world as it relates to CU.

But you guys on this board seem to have the heart beat of everything going on in the High School world as it relates to CU.

Thanks for the compliment. We try. But as I'm sure you've seen, our info is wrong all the time too. :lol:

Looks like Marquise Coleman and Justin Hansen will also be attending.

Hopefully we'll find out some more.

And that is Corey's prerogative. He should pursue the best opportunity available to him.

And that is sums it all up. Thanks

With all due respect to Buffnik, Dionisus and all involved, I would not take Dionisus' comment as explicitly saying that Colorado is not/should not be interested in Corey. CU may be, CU may not be. I, for one, think that CU should definitely be going after Corey, but who knows whether or not he was invited to Junior day?

Who else should be getting an invite? I'd imagine the Mullen guys, the two Legacy kids, Yarbrough, Berglund and the WR on his team.. I guess that's about it. I don't really know how elite some of these guys are, I take it that's what this camp is for? The elite only?

Ohh okay, kind of like an unofficial visit or something for the local kids?

Exactly. Gives them a chance to check out CU and gives CU a chance to weigh, measure, interview and see how they get along with guys on the team. We may see an offer or two come out of this weekend, possibly even an early verbal.

At Texas it's known as the day their recruiting class is filled.

No doubt. I'd love to get someone off UT's staff. Even someone who has served as a Graduate Assistant under Mack Brown and could lay out the strategies/tactics he used to lock down Texas (or before that, build North Carolina football from nothing by locking down that state).

So what is the final list of players attending?

Don't know it and CU can't release anything because they can't talk about recruiting prospects (NCAA regs). Info will come out from various sources over the course of the weekend and it's likely that some of the guys with media credentials (Adam @ Rivals, Ringo @ Scout & the Camera, Ridgell @ the Longmont Times, etc.) will report on who was there. I'd expect that we'll know sometime Sunday.

Don't know it and CU can't release anything because they can't talk about recruiting prospects (NCAA regs). Info will come out from various sources over the course of the weekend and it's likely that some of the guys with media credentials (Adam @ Rivals, Ringo @ Scout & the Camera, Ridgell @ the Longmont Times, etc.) will report on who was there. I'd expect that we'll know sometime Sunday.

CU can't release this info? I thought I read earlier it was because CU isn't very forthcoming about this stuff.... Geez.

No doubt. I'd love to get someone off UT's staff. Even someone who has served as a Graduate Assistant under Mack Brown and could lay out the strategies/tactics he used to lock down Texas (or before that, build North Carolina football from nothing by locking down that state).

Well - I have to disagree. Texas just flat out doesn't recruit. They just decide which players they will take and which ones they will toss back to the rest of us.

If you want to learn something about "recruiting", then UT is the last place I'd look. Try TCU, Utah, Boise State perhaps.

Well - I have to disagree. Texas just flat out doesn't recruit. They just decide which players they will take and which ones they will toss back to the rest of us.

If you want to learn something about "recruiting", then UT is the last place I'd look. Try TCU, Utah, Boise State perhaps.

It wasn't like that before Mack Brown took over, though. And the guy did the same thing at North Carolina. He's got a recruiting system that works.

cu can't release this info? I thought i read earlier it was because cu isn't very forthcoming about this stuff.... Geez.

will you please stop pouring gasoline on the ****ing fire for ****s sake.... Thats my mother ****ing job

Back