What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Junior Day this Saturday at CU

Well - I have to disagree. Texas just flat out doesn't recruit. They just decide which players they will take and which ones they will toss back to the rest of us.

If you want to learn something about "recruiting", then UT is the last place I'd look. Try TCU, Utah, Boise State perhaps.

I understand your point, but Texas does recruit. Mack Brown, as idiotic of a coach I think he is, is an excellent recruiter and hirer of assistants. He and his staff worked hard to develop relationships with in-state coaches and teams. They're good - they might not need to be studious in talent evaluation, but they still recruit.

Leilon Willingham (Mullen) was among the attendees. Still on crutches and rehabbing.

Also QB Kris Kentera (Pine Creek). I'll work on getting a profile put together for him.

They have to be VERY studious in talent evaluation. They definitely don't need to recruit.

That might be the case now, but it wasn't always the case. UT had to fight for recruits when he first started. He created the monster that they have now. I'd love to get a former assistant here at CU so he could show us how to build a program. If the college game is about recruiting then Mac is one of the best ever. Ever. As a HC I think Mac is good, but not excellent, despite his amazing recruiting classes and his streak of 10+ winning games seasons. It comes with the territory now because you can hear the UT fanbase grumble at the lack of MNCs and Big 12 championships.

At UNC Mac locked down the state, similar to Butch Davis now at UNC. If you can do that at UNC with teams like SCar, Clemson, Duke (yeah, yeah), NC State, Wake Forrest, Tennessee and a host of other smaller schools around you can see why he is so successful at the premiere university in Texas.

He still loses top recruits, especially to OU, and there are UT fans that get upset because Stoops is a lot more relentless in his pursuit of a lot of top Texas guys. As of right now he is more of a manager than he was when he first got there, but he built that recruiting beast.

That might be the case now, but it wasn't always the case. UT had to fight for recruits when he first started. He created the monster that they have now. I'd love to get a former assistant here at CU so he could show us how to build a program. If the college game is about recruiting then Mac is one of the best ever. Ever. As a HC I think Mac is good, but not excellent, despite his amazing recruiting classes and his streak of 10+ winning games seasons. It comes with the territory now because you can hear the UT fanbase grumble at the lack of MNCs and Big 12 championships.

At UNC Mac locked down the state, similar to Butch Davis now at UNC. If you can do that at UNC with teams like SCar, Clemson, Duke (yeah, yeah), NC State, Wake Forrest, Tennessee and a host of other smaller schools around you can see why he is so successful at the premiere university in Texas.

He still loses top recruits, especially to OU, and there are UT fans that get upset because Stoops is a lot more relentless in his pursuit of a lot of top Texas guys. As of right now he is more of a manager than he was when he first got there, but he built that recruiting beast.

There can only ever be one Mac, and Mack Brown is NOT it, at least on this board.

Sorry, I was confused reading your post because I kept thinking about our Coach Mac and it struck me that noone should ever call the UT coach by that nickname.

Back