What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just about three weeks until Spring practices start

Two of his SJSU recruits have been drafted (both late round), and one more might be drafted this spring, again late round if so.

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Edit: If Mac saw this post he'd probably bring up Patrick Willis, as he often does to justify his lackluster recruiting.....that's one freaking guy and he recruited him fourteen years ago.

hahaha. Sure three drafted. Multiple others that signed ufa contracts. And Mac has never hung his hat on Willis to cover for his recruiting. He doesn't make excuses.

I'll be watching every one of MM's recruits. I imagine he's brought in 50~ scholarship players on the roster this Spring. If he is truly a superior talent evaluator/developer then some of those young guys should start to look legit

Dont you go to a bunch of practices? Who did you see in fall camp that impressed you? I heard good things about kaiser, little Mac, Evan white, Matthews to name a few. What did you think.

Dont you go to a bunch of practices? Who did you see in fall camp that impressed you? I heard good things about kaiser, little Mac, Evan white, Matthews to name a few. What did you think.
Won't speak for Slider, but Kaiser, Jay MacIntyre, Evan White, and Lee Walker all stood out to me. Never really noticed Mathewes, Shaver stood out from the three freshmen DEs.

Yeah. Watching the battle for Sefo's backup will be interesting. I'd like to see how Apsay looks. I'd like to see Fields step up as a go to receiver and I think the battle for the 3/4 receivers will be fun to watch. Seems like evaluating linemen in the spring is difficult. I'll be interested in seeing if Gillam begins a "comeback." It'll also be fun to see how this whole DC saga plays out. Who will it be and what will our defense's personality begin to shape into?

I am looking forward to watching Lindsey. I wasn't very excited when we got him but I feel that he is such a beast.

48 from my quick search. BOOM

By my count, the number is 33.

3 early enrollees from 2015.
23 recruits from 2014 (minus Holland and Bennion) - so 21 participants
9 recruits from 2013 class. Adkins, Awuzie, Center, Coleman, Gehrke, Olugbode, Reed, Severson, Thompson.

Of those, we have seen quite a bit of about 12-13. Perhaps 20 new guys we haven't seen much of in actual games.

Last edited:
First off, love that the topic has shifted back to future focused football versus wallowing in the DC quagmire.

Secondly, there are a couple positions/players on each side of the ball that peak my interest:

Offense - TE & Awini (no joke)
We need a play maker at TE to emerge. Is Frazier the guy or will one of the unknown quantities step up? I feel good about the OL, RB, and WR. QB depth is a concern, but Sefo is obviously the #1. I mentioned Awini, not in terms of being the #2 QB, but will he bring a 'flex' option to the team? Seeing a wildcat package, slot receiver, etc. It could add another wrinkle into an already diverse playbook.

Defense - LB & Yuri
Gillam and Olugbode are both guys I'd hope have put on some weight. Which of the young guys can step up and provide depth and play-making? Of every position on the team, this is by far our weakest unit top-to-bottom IMO. Also, will we see anything out of Yuri this year? Having Yuri supplement Spoon and Crawley would enable Chido to play more SS and Walker to be a NB (he played well last year). If Yuri is a no show, depth becomes another huge red flag.

First off, love that the topic has shifted back to future focused football versus wallowing in the DC quagmire.

Secondly, there are a couple positions/players on each side of the ball that peak my interest:

Offense - TE & Awini (no joke)
We need a play maker at TE to emerge. Is Frazier the guy or will one of the unknown quantities step up? I feel good about the OL, RB, and WR. QB depth is a concern, but Sefo is obviously the #1. I mentioned Awini, not in terms of being the #2 QB, but will he bring a 'flex' option to the team? Seeing a wildcat package, slot receiver, etc. It could add another wrinkle into an already diverse playbook.

Defense - LB & Yuri
Gillam and Olugbode are both guys I'd hope have put on some weight. Which of the young guys can step up and provide depth and play-making? Of every position on the team, this is by far our weakest unit top-to-bottom IMO. Also, will we see anything out of Yuri this year? Having Yuri supplement Spoon and Crawley would enable Chido to play more SS and Walker to be a NB (he played well last year). If Yuri is a no show, depth becomes another huge red flag.

Seeing how creative Lindgren was at times last year, if awini can get his accuracy issues under control, I think he is a weapon that Lindgren will find a way to use in a lot of situations.

How good is the QB transfer from Air Force ? Seems to have the physical attributes to be a successful run/pass guy.

TE and LB for me are probably the weakest position groups on this team so I´d like to see what emerges. Hopefully Keeney gets health b-c I like his potential as a receving TE or a McCullough replacement.

I am not just interested in seeing who will be #2 at QB but like to see someone (likely Apsay) emerge as a threat to Sefo. Sefo either has to radically improve his accuracy on deep balls and reduce his INTs or, if not, someone has to step up.

I know we are not talking about the DC here, but I am super interested to see what kind of defense we put in. And if reports are true that HCMM is trying to get someone in who can help ramp up the turnovers (like Ball has done at ASU), than it will be even more of a test for Sefo to prove he can get his turnovers down.

Keen to see Samson wreak havoc. Also want to see Shane live up to they hype and earn a starting role on the OL. Also want to see who replaces Henderson.

How good is the QB transfer from Air Force ? Seems to have the physical attributes to be a successful run/pass guy.
Supposedly has accuracy problems. But I do agree with the above that I could see Lindgren insert some kind of package for him or even Apsay who is more mobile too. At a minimum, Awini could be a receiver who once every x amount of games does some kind of WR pass. I still believe that Montez is the real deal and that inserting some of this kind of stuff into our offense in 2015 could be a precursor to a full-scale implementation of zone-read stuff with Montez at the helm.

Personally, I would like to see Awini as a running back. He would already be our 2nd biggest back and I would hope he is faster than Powell. He could be a huge asset at a position where we seem to be thinning in depth. As far as using him in the wildcat or some version of that where he could throw, that would work if it was established that he was a viable threat to be a good to great runner.

I like Powell. But he lacks break away speed. And he is the only real size we have at RB. If Awini can carry the ball well, and I assume this is possible because the QB's at Air Force are noted for their running abilities and not their arms.

Personally, I would like to see Awini as a running back. He would already be our 2nd biggest back and I would hope he is faster than Powell. He could be a huge asset at a position where we seem to be thinning in depth. As far as using him in the wildcat or some version of that where he could throw, that would work if it was established that he was a viable threat to be a good to great runner.

I like Powell. But he lacks break away speed. And he is the only real size we have at RB. If Awini can carry the ball well, and I assume this is possible because the QB's at Air Force are noted for their running abilities and not their arms.

Powell was showing a little burst at the beginning of last year, his running style is so punishing though. He gets his quads bruised and loses his explosiveness. He will never be a home run threat, a DB can catch him, but he should be quick enough to bust off 15-20 yards. Lindsay is the speed threat, but he is too small. Awini could fill that hole if he could be trusted with the ball.

to bad about awini at qb--would love to see a guy who can tuck it and run AND be able to hit some 45+ yard throws....as far as the RB position...in my humble opinion the buffs haven't had juice at the RB position since speedy...speedy knew how to patiently set up blocks and utilized the cut back very well. Powell was recruited by cabral to be a LBer and was forced into the RB position as a frosh...I like adkins, but he cant stay healthy...Lindsey offers a great burst and toughness..something to build on there..but the buffs need 3 front line RBs...

to bad about awini at qb--would love to see a guy who can tuck it and run AND be able to hit some 45+ yard throws....as far as the RB position...in my humble opinion the buffs haven't had juice at the RB position since speedy...speedy knew how to patiently set up blocks and utilized the cut back very well. Powell was recruited by cabral to be a LBer and was forced into the RB position as a frosh...I like adkins, but he cant stay healthy...Lindsey offers a great burst and toughness..something to build on there..but the buffs need 3 front line RBs...

So you want Braxton Miller...

Think Lindsay could be another Speedy for us back there if he can capitalize on his freshman campaign and fix his fumble issue.

also would love to see a TE get utilized in the O. I thought that tyler mc could have been developed into a poor man's gronk...he wanted to bulk up to 235 lbs but was told to keep it in the 210-215 range...IMO a big mistake as he didn't have the wheels to be a big vertical threat, but for 8 to 15 yd slants he was more than adequate and those passes are in sefo's comfort zone--nice big target with good hands...

So you want Braxton Miller...

Think Lindsay could be another Speedy for us back there if he can capitalize on his freshman campaign and fix his fumble issue.

Braxton Miller or Mariota. why havent the coaches gotten them here? Come on...

I totally agree that Lindsay could be as productive if not more so as he grows up. He needs to develop some patience and let the blocking develop in front of him and obviously fix the fumblin issues, but he runs with a mean streak and has the speed to take it to the house. Very excited about his future.

Regarding Awini, that's a guy to watch this spring. Apparently he performed well at a QB instructional camp in CA over December break. I think he could be a really good WR and get on the field quickly. I suspect that's where he'll end up if he doesn't win QB2 this spring.

Regarding Awini, that's a guy to watch this spring. Apparently he performed well at a QB instructional camp in CA over December break. I think he could be a really good WR and get on the field quickly. I suspect that's where he'll end up if he doesn't win QB2 this spring.
If he's not pushing for QB2, we really need him at WR. Would be nice to fix that hole in the depth chart a bit.

If he's not pushing for QB2, we really need him at WR. Would be nice to fix that hole in the depth chart a bit.

:nod:

Glut of sophomores with no juniors.

Just spitballing here, but Awini to WR and Ross to CB would make the paper depth / eligibility chart look much better.

Back