What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just finished re-watching the kansas game,few thoughts....

buffsyko

Club Member
Club Member
Man, hansen can scramble pretty well and has a good feel when pressure is coming.

Speedy was great, sumler,scott and lockridge still struggle. OL needs a ton of improvement.

Hansen would have had 250+ passing yds if not for some drops by speedy and sumler.

Jalil brown played great, could have had 3 picks,burney was all over the place.

Hopefully our safties keep improving, polk has the speed but is still learning, the others need to enhance their speed.

Briscoe is a tremendous athlete as is meier but briscoe had a great game and had the last pass in his hands, that was scary.

Glad reesing,and those 2 wr's are gone, they have killed us and we finally got them.

DL keeps improving,west,kasa and herrod are playing real well.

What's the story with jon major?

Man, hansen can scramble pretty well and has a good feel when pressure is coming.

Speedy was great, sumler,scott and lockridge still struggle. OL needs a ton of improvement.

Hansen would have had 250+ passing yds if not for some drops by speedy and sumler.

Jalil brown played great, could have had 3 picks,burney was all over the place.

Hopefully our safties keep improving, polk has the speed but is still learning, the others need to enhance their speed.

Briscoe is a tremendous athlete as is meier but briscoe had a great game and had the last pass in his hands, that was scary.

Glad reesing,and those 2 wr's are gone, they have killed us and we finally got them.

DL keeps improving,west,kasa and herrod are playing real well.

What's the story with jon major?

We got very lucky here

how you figure scott struggled buffsyko? 2 carries up the gut to start the game my friend thats called play calling and lack of playtime gotta have more than a few carries...

I rewatched last night on DVR. Here's why Scott is struggling. IMO, he either doesn't possess the natural instincts to find the hole or he's had it beaten out of him by Hagen. He didn't have many carries, but of the ones he did, he blew 3 of perhaps 4 or 5 that I saw.

1st play of the game, Scott has the right side completely sealed and a safety comes up and tackles him at the LOS for no gain. In space. One guy. No juke, nothing. Just tackled. Speedy doesn't get stopped for no gain (based on just about every carry he had). Speedy at worst gives a juke and the guy gets partial contact, either slowing him down or tripping him up for 4 yards.

2nd or 3rd play, DS moves and should have been called for a penalty.

Later in the game, soon after he caught the screen pass for the big gain, he gets a toss sweep left. The play is a little slow to develop and Scott was patient. The play opened up with the WR kicking the corner to the outside, and the inside being sealed. Huge lane opens up and yet DS cuts it inside of the gap right into traffic that is being blocked! I rewatched this play a dozen times and I was flabbergasted that he made that choice. The play was designed (clearly) to seal the inside and kickout the corner. DS should have been 8 yards deep with a chance to take on the safety. He missed it bad. Is Hagen in his head telling him North/South period? Or does he not have a feel for this?

On the screen pass, he scores if he makes a move to the outside.

I'm not bashing DS, I'm just stating a fact. We cannot afford MORE carries at this point. This guy isn't getting it (so far). I'm sure the coaches have more tape than TV gave us. It's all there in living color.

Enough with our best players aren't playing. DS, at this point in time, is not one of our top 3 RBs - based on tape and reality, not some 5-star fantasy.

I hope he continues to work hard and I hope the staff finds a way for the guy to show his instincts (if he has them). I think there's hope here, but at this point in time, we cannot afford to be giving him valuable carries.

I rewatched last night on DVR. Here's why Scott is struggling. IMO, he either doesn't possess the natural instincts to find the hole or he's had it beaten out of him by Hagen. He didn't have many carries, but of the ones he did, he blew 3 of perhaps 4 or 5 that I saw.

1st play of the game, Scott has the right side completely sealed and a safety comes up and tackles him at the LOS for no gain. In space. One guy. No juke, nothing. Just tackled. Speedy doesn't get stopped for no gain (based on just about every carry he had). Speedy at worst gives a juke and the guy gets partial contact, either slowing him down or tripping him up for 4 yards.

2nd or 3rd play, DS moves and should have been called for a penalty.

Later in the game, soon after he caught the screen pass for the big gain, he gets a toss sweep left. The play is a little slow to develop and Scott was patient. The play opened up with the WR kicking the corner to the outside, and the inside being sealed. Huge lane opens up and yet DS cuts it inside of the gap right into traffic that is being blocked! I rewatched this play a dozen times and I was flabbergasted that he made that choice. The play was designed (clearly) to seal the inside and kickout the corner. DS should have been 8 yards deep with a chance to take on the safety. He missed it bad. Is Hagen in his head telling him North/South period? Or does he not have a feel for this?

On the screen pass, he scores if he makes a move to the outside.

I'm not bashing DS, I'm just stating a fact. We cannot afford MORE carries at this point. This guy isn't getting it (so far). I'm sure the coaches have more tape than TV gave us. It's all there in living color.

Enough with our best players aren't playing. DS, at this point in time, is not one of our top 3 RBs - based on tape and reality, not some 5-star fantasy.

I hope he continues to work hard and I hope the staff finds a way for the guy to show his instincts (if he has them). I think there's hope here, but at this point in time, we cannot afford to be giving him valuable carries.

I totally agree, when I re-watched that Screen pass, I don't understand why he doesn't go outside, he had an O-lineman right in front and he would have gone for at least another 10 yards and maybe would have scored!

I have been defending him, but I saw pretty much the same things you saw. Even his kickoffs, if he just cuts back to avoid the kicker who can simply knock him out of bounds, he has nobody else near him. I have to think that finding holes is something he is good at after his high school career, I don't know what has happened.

He has shown flashes, though. He's one of the few players on the team that has 20+ yard plays to their credit in the last two years.

DScott should have scored at least twice in that game, I hope he has watched that film alot the past few days. I was pleasantly surprised at THansen. I knew he was a pretty good athlete but he is much better on his feet than I thought. Also, I didnt know he could throw the ball like that. He has a better arm than I thought and pretty good touch. The thing that impressed me the most was,even when scrambling, he was looking downfield trying to find someone.

Last week I said I didn't see Hansen making a huge dif, major mea culpa. This game is an L without Hansen under center. Also, I know nobody wants Cody back on the field, but if Hansen was to go down it is nice to have a back up who knows the entire playbook.

There is one rb on this team who may have the potential to be mentioned with the elite rbs in CU history at the end of his career, and that guy is speedy. As far as I'm concerned, handing off more to Scott simply takes away from potential handoffs to Stewart, and therefore is a bad idea. If you throw out the Toledo game (who is currently ranked 112th in the nation in rushing D), dude is probably averaging 2yds/carry.

Back