1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just To Stir Things Up....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SanDiegoBuff, Oct 5, 2008.

1. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

One of the 'reasons' many fans have for keeping Cody at QB1 is that he's the best practice performer. Ignoring the fact that it's game performance and not practice performance that wins... from all I've heard, that's not entirely true... he's the best non-redshirt practice performer. So why not skip Ballenger and throw Hansen into the fire to get him some real experience.

:saythat:

jrod212 likes this.
  2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

oh yeah lets write of the whole season and go with a true freshman...who only has practice experience.

Did think before you said that?

3. SanDiegoBuff

Write off what... another 6-7 season and a Texas Bowl loss... LOL Not much of a writeoff in my opinion. And at least recruits would see that you're playing for the future.

There is a strong history in the last few years of true freshmen doing just fine.

Did YOU think before you wrote that!?

EDIT:

I wasn't actually being serious... but the more I think about it, he's supposedly better than Ballenger, so if you're going to do it, why not go big! :lalala:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I wouldn't burn a redshirt 6 games into a season even if the team was 0-6.

Hansen will be much better as a redshirt senior than he ever could begin to be as a true freshman, and putting him into a game certainly isn't going to change the game's outcome.

There's no reason NOT to start playing Ballenger at this point. CU has nothing at all to lose by playing him more.

5. SanDiegoBuff

Just to be the devils advocate, I agree with you, but we've got 2 QBs coming in next year and is this a team that's really in a position to redshirt someone who might be a solid player just for the sake of redshirting them?

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

there is no WAY ballenger starts barring injury. I also really doubt we will see him during the game unless its a blow out.

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Well, we're not talking about just any position here. Unless you have a guy with unreal talent, QBs should always be redshirted IMO.

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is that every freshman should be redshirted.

9. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Cody? Is that you?

Do you have some special insider info that assures Ballenger will never start this season?