1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just want to see what people think after tonight

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Ralphandler1, Sep 15, 2012.

?

How many wins can they possibly get

1. Clearly zero

57.0%
  2. maybe 1

36.0%
  3. turning a corner at some point for a massive 2+ wins

7.0%
  1. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

So after tonight does anyone in Buff nation think we are getting a single win? Who the hell can this sorry excuse of a team beat?

2. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Ignoring the perfect set up for a masturbation joke...there is no one. We are an utter joke. The PAC XII is really good this year and we are almost inarguably the BCS team in the country, maybe even in the FBS.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Maybe 1. It's just so damn hard to lose every game. You have to have so much bad luck on top of massive suckitude in order to accomplish that feat.

4. fcjack1

fcjack1 Member

Might as well add us to the wikipedia list of winless teams now. I don't care if we lose every game by 70 as long as we win one. Not going to happen though.

5. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I don't know if you were paying attention tonight, but what they just pulled off is stunning in how hard it is to be that bad. Keep in mind this was again to a first year head coach. This team is toast.

6. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

0-12, here we come. Only game we have a chance to win is Utah/WSU.

7. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Wait a sec aren't you the guy who had the diatribe earlier this week denouncing anyone who didn't stick with and be patient? I notice the poll is public. What's next pm's to everyone who voted for zero wins? :smile2:

8. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

we have the second half covered

9. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Embers is a Buff, but he's also stubborn and has no clue on how to be a HC. He never should've been hired and now the school is going to lose lots of money because he is driving lots o fans. We are getting attention for all the wrong reasons.

This school doesnt care and it's clearly evident by the decisions they have made since 2005.

10. absinthe

In fairness i think they attempted to make the right move with Hawkins. You could see this was a bad idea from the start.

11. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

It is tough to criticize the Hawkins hiring. He was 53-11 in his 5 years at Boise. They won 4 straight WAC titles his last four years there. His Boise State team won 31 WAC games in a row. He was the mid-major coach to be hired. If CU hadn't hired him, someone else certainly would have. He had a very nice resume for Bohn to hang his hat on.

The criticism comes from the decision to extend Hawkins five games into year #3 after two subpar seasons.

12. absinthe

I could even find ways to justify the extension. We'd gone from 2-10 and some what competitive in a lot of games, to 6-7 and coming off our first bowl trip in years, had upset a top-5 program and beaten the nubs. We opened up the season 3-0 when it was announced. There were at least signs of life.

13. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

What do I think? I think the previous thread you started was ****ing hilarious :lol: 4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

14. MINN-Buffalo

MINN-Buffalo Member

I put 1 win but it will be a overtime shoot out.

15. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

"shoot out", with this offense of ours? dude.

16. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

^^This^^ Completely. Hawkins was going to get a major program. If he had been willing to wait he may have gotten a much higher profile program than CU.

The problems started with giving him the extension when they did. The major issue, and why we are where we are now come from not firing two years earlier than they did when it became obvious that it wasn't going to work. Keeping him the last year put the nails in the coffin and threw the top layer of dirt on the grave.

From there the decision to "go cheap" and hire Embree instead of paying for a more experienced coachjust added to it.

Now we need a guy who knows how to not only coach a program but how to build one from the ground up and who has the patience to do it. At the same time coaching hires, no matter which school have a high failure rate so we have to be willing to fire and pay for a mistake or three on the way to finding the guy.

17. MtnBuff

The only way we win a game this year is if we have a combination of the players themselves getting mad enough to show up emotionally for a game to protect their dignity at the same time as another school completely overlooks us after laughing their way through seeing us on film.

18. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think this team is ten times better than last years team so we should win 30 games.

19. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I bet Plati finds some great stuff out of this game!

20. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

:rofl:

We scored 14 against Fresno's 2nd and 3rd stringers. How the hell are we going to get in a shoot out?

21. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

About the only thing that worked right for CU against Fresno was the game clock.....

22. MtnBuff

Hope the washing machines work after the game because our entire team and staff crapped their pants.

23. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I think we'll manage to win a game or 2. (I voted 1). We'll end up beating someone at home nobody sees coming, like Pitt knocking off VT yesterday.

24. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Maybe there's a chance we play our best game of the year and the other team overlooks us and forgets to board the bus. I doubt that's likely, but I went with maybe 1.

I wouldn't be shocked if we end with 0. Sadly, I'd be more shocked with 2 wins than 0.

25. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Just for "fun", there must be a pretty good argument to be made at this point in the season that we are the worst FBS team in the country, right? Is there anyone who could be considered worse (what would that even look like?) or as bad?

26. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I just don't see a win on the schedule. Wazzu is our only chance and our defense won't be able to stop them.