What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just went to ATM yell practice

SBG

Administrator
Club Member
Junta Member

Holy **** that was weird. A. WOOOOOP!

One of these days I'd love to travel to Kyle field and experience the real thing, but wow Aggies are definitely strange. They must have 20 or so yells and a couple of fight songs (??).

I've always wanted to travel around and see all of CFB traditions and this actually just made me really want to go and see them all. While it was not my thing, it was cool to see people around here really pumped for college football. That's something that is definitely lacking in this state (everyone here loves college basketball).

Anyone been to Kyle field for their yell practice? A friend of mine and I *may* be going to the CU vs A&M game in which case I'll definitely go.

Did you find someone to mug down with? That's the best part of yell practice.

the ags are a strange crew, that's for sure. not really my cup o' tea and i don't think i'd like going to school there much....but they are spirited and i can admire that (from afar).

Personally I think a bunch of their "tradition" is bogus made up stuff that is really forced. They try so hard to be a power with tons of tradition and end up looking kind of silly. They have major little brother aggie issues. I certainly can't fault their commitment and passion, and the 12th man is legit.

Did you find someone to mug down with? That's the best part of yell practice.

Is that at the end where they shut of the lights and people make out? Or if they went stag they hold up a lighter and try and find someone else to make out with? My friend said they do that at Kyle field. I don't know if I'd want to make out with an Aggy though. They didn't do that here.

They did tell us stories though. They had one where they mentioned organic food and everyone hissed. I bet it's a hoot when they play CU :lol:

It was funny to see that many rednecks in this part of NM. Usually they live in the southeast part of the state.

I went to Aggie Bonfires (parents are "former students") in '96 and '97 back when they were officially sanctioned events. Huge crowds and EVERYONE knew all the different yells. I was young and didn't understand many college football traditions at the time but was really impressed by how loud and excited everyone was.

Back