What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kanavis on The Fan right now

I really think this guy was recruiting Kanavis after his eligibility was expired, didn't get him, is still pissed about it, and manipulated the timeline to make the story publishable (while getting back at KM).

See Wispy's post on the subject then. Al claims that he remembers that the douche did talk to Kanavis. AFTER his footballl career was over. Isn't that every bit, or even more, as logical?
We are talking about a difference in, maybe 1 or 2 months in a time line that the guy is recounting from 20 years ago. Can you remember, exactly, say, a job interview from 1990? Did it happen in October? January?

That writer is a total snake. Sounds to me like the dirtbag agent manipulated the timeline and SI just bought right into it without confirming anything. Alfred is sitting there telling the guy he was THERE when this all happened. Douche.

Alfred was pissed. And he says he was there when all this went down. And that author is a doosh. He's enjoying every minute of this attention. Sounds like a Jiszla clone.

Alfred was pissed. And he says he was there when all this went down. And that author is a doosh. He's enjoying every minute of this attention. Sounds like a Jiszla clone.

I agree. I actually believed the article more before I heard this interview.

Let me preface this with a couple things:

1. When this story first broke, I thought it was probably true
2. Even if Alfred and Kanavis are telling the truth 100% here, I am sure some CU players have taken money at some point while they were at CU. That's just the reality of college football.

The more I think about this (and listen to clips), I believe Alfred and Kanavis are telling the truth. The whole thing just feels wrong. Alfred was so pissed when he found about this story last week that he had his lawyer send a letter threatening a lawsuit if they didn't remove all references to him in the story. They complied and removed Alfred's name and the author would not discuss Alfred's version of what went down even though Alfred says he was there. Why would they do that if they thought the story was legit?

Also, Alfred sounded pissed. Like "I'm gonna beat somebody's ass" pissed off. If he was faking that, he's a great actor. And the author is an asshat. He didn't care one iota when Al said he was there when Luchs met Kanavis. It didn't phase him. He would not discuss the timeline inconsistencies.

I might be wrong, I dunno. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme. Just my $.02.

What pissed me off about the author was near the beginning when he says 'what would you do in a he said, she said situation? What would you write?' or something to that effect. Uhhhhh - I would either confirm the facts or write NOTHING. ****in asshat

Let me preface this with a couple things:

1. When this story first broke, I thought it was probably true
2. Even if Alfred and Kanavis are telling the truth 100% here, I am sure some CU players have taken money at some point while they were at CU. That's just the reality of college football.

The more I think about this (and listen to clips), I believe Alfred and Kanavis are telling the truth. The whole thing just feels wrong. Alfred was so pissed when he found about this story last week that he had his lawyer send a letter threatening a lawsuit if they didn't remove all references to him in the story. They complied and removed Alfred's name and the author would not discuss Alfred's version of what went down even though Alfred says he was there. Why would they do that if they thought the story was legit?

Also, Alfred sounded pissed. Like "I'm gonna beat somebody's ass" pissed off. If he was faking that, he's a great actor. And the author is an asshat. He didn't care one iota when Al said he was there when Luchs met Kanavis. It didn't phase him. He would not discuss the timeline inconsistencies.

I might be wrong, I dunno. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme. Just my $.02.

So, you are saying CU players cheated/took money?

So, you are saying CU players cheated/took money?

I'm sure some have at some point. Same goes for every other big school across the country. I don't condone it but I can see why it happens.

What pissed me off about the author was near the beginning when he says 'what would you do in a he said, she said situation? What would you write?' or something to that effect. Uhhhhh - I would either confirm the facts or write NOTHING. ****in asshat

He knew he was gonna piss off a lot of people and I think he likes it that way. Just like Jiszla. Pissing people off validates them.

I'd say most, if not all, college athletes should look to B-Lock as an example:

From the Camera:

"Lockridge invested the $5,000 Pell grant he received in the 2007-08 school year and turned it into $7,000, which he used to buy himself a nice used car."

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-college-sports/ci_16212496

After college, B-Lock should be speaking to college athletes about financial issues, based on that article--damn fine kid!

The funny thing about this story is that Luchs admits that rules don't apply to him and his mentor. He has zero credibility based on his own admissions, but the rag is willing to go to print and that alone lends credibility to this ass.

The funny thing about this story is that Luchs admits that rules don't apply to him and his mentor. He has zero credibility based on his own admissions, but the rag is willing to go to print and that alone lends credibility to this ass.

Didn't SI used to be a credible mag? I seem to recall that it was, but that is a fading memory.

Didn't SI used to be a credible mag? I seem to recall that it was, but that is a fading memory.

I switched to the sporting news about 4 years ago. After SI ran a global warming issue. Sporting News is much better.

Still is, one issue each year. You know which one I'm talking about.

Important question: If ****braska had announced their move to the B10 last year, does Brooklyn Decker win the AB UHC this year? I think she'd have made the finals.

Just listened to the interview. Big Al gets my vote. He is a man. Calling that sack of **** reporter a liar is what absolutely should have been done. Luchs and that smarmy reteller of lies from SI are cut from the same cloth IMO...pure pieces of ****.

He outed guys who were much more successful and well-known than McGhee.

Seems like a pretty safe choice to me if he was creating a story. An All American who had an abbreviated pro career due to injuries that very few people outside of Boulder would remember or question.

I quit reading SI after the former CU alum wrote the article about the tramp without checking any facts. This holds the same credibility.

I quit reading SI some time in the early 80's I think (probably before many here were born) when they put Hulk Hogan on the cover. It's not a sport, dammit!

I quit reading SI after the former CU alum wrote the article about the tramp without checking any facts. This holds the same credibility.

I still have Lisa Simpson's deposition in my office. I like to read it when I am taking a crap....

What? The same SI that let Rick Reilly run roughshod over CU during the "scandal"? These days it's tough to find any integrity in journalism.

This comment could/should be a tipping point in this debate.

In the end it was all 20 years ago and dealing with a bunch of 20 year old people. Could it be true, sure. Could it be false, certainly. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The fact is that you have a have a guy who is writing an article about how dishonest and manipulative he was arguing that all of the facts are as he presents them.

Over the years CU has had literally hundreds of players who had at least the potential to play in the NFL. Considering the lack of standards on the agents and the competition for clients and the financial situation and background of the players it would be nieve to imagine that no CU players have taken money or other items of value from an agent just like it would be crazy to say the same about Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Georgia, etc. or any other school that has had multiple potential pros over the years. This does not mean that CU or any other school has a lack of institutional control or is dishonest. It is impossible to protect these guys 24/7-365 from outside influences. If Kanavis didn't take the money then somebody else did, if not from this agent then from another.

The issue is not with the players, although we would hope they would resist the temptation. It is with the system in place of recruiting by the agents.

Back