What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kanavis to coach DEs and LBs

Tui coaches DTs/interior DL; McGhee coaches DEs/OLBs; Cabral coaches ILBs.

Cabral was basically coaching the ILB's most of the last few years. Collins, and then Foster coached the OLB's until this year. Not really a change in role for Cabral is my point.

I think JE is giving Kanavis a pass. He needs to have some D1 coaching experience if he wants to continue a coaching career. Cabral and Brown will help him....but he can recruit Houston. Embo is creating an octopus of recruiting conduits. Smart!

I think JE is giving Kanavis a pass. He needs to have some D1 coaching experience if he wants to continue a coaching career. Cabral and Brown will help him....but he can recruit Houston. Embo is creating an octopus of recruiting conduits. Smart!

He does seem to be really concerned with the recruiting aspect of things. He seemed to make a point of that in his press conference earlier this week. I'm just worried that we don't have too many game day coaches on staff. Am I wrong?

There is no question about EB's game day coaching. Have you seen him? I think Embree will be a CEO type and I hope he doesn't micromanage. Given the staff he has assembled, he will delegate. I just hope he manages. I like that his focus now is on recruiting. It will be fun to see spring practices.

Brown was always a "mediocre" recruiter and much better "X's and O's" guy, IMO. He can pull in the stud here and there but he is an "architect" type guy. Having stud recruiters like Cabral, Tui, and hopefully Kanavis under him could be really good setup.

"game day coaching" on the O is in Embree and EB's hands at this point. I have faith in EB to call a good game, but I worry about a "transition year" slowing our momentum down.

Cabral hasn't coached the entire LB unit in a while... Collins, Foster and a GA alternated during the Hawkins regime

why waste a coaching slot

I personally don't see it as a waste. DE/OLB is a completely different position to coach than ILB or DT.

It reflects that JE is emphasizing the play of the guys up front IMHO. Having 3 guys coach the front 7 is something that a lot of schools do.

Back