What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kansas at Texas

Pale Ale

Mangino looks like he's two hoagies shy of a heart attack. Seriously, that jacket could house a family of four.

Oh, and the chickens scored a FG.

It would not absolutely shock me if KU upsets UT tonite. I've thought all season that the Whorns are paper tigers this year ... hell, we gave them a helluva game for three quarters ... and we suck. :sad1:

They haven't really had a test all year ... a very soft non-conf schedule ... and they went up against a crippled Land Thieves team and only had to play against an injured Sam Bradford for a quarter or so.

Plus ... they may be looking ahead to the A&M game with some trepidation. It's a rivalry game ... at College Station .. and on top of that it's the 10th anniversary of the "bonfire disaster" which I'm sure the Aggies will milk for all the emotional and motivational value they can.

The general Texas fan consensus I'm getting via the Twitter is: "[Longhorns OC] Greg Davis needs to choke on a dick and die"

The general Texas fan consensus I'm getting via the Twitter is: "[Longhorns OC] Greg Davis needs to choke on a dick and die"

They've hated Davis the entire time he's been here, except of course in '05 when he tailored the offense to fit Vince Young's skills instead of making Vince fit in the offense.

At least they are not mincing their words.

On the other hand, I'm I the only that thinks MM looks like a Macy day parade float come to life?

mangino_425aj.png

At least they are not mincing their words.

On the other hand, I'm I the only that thinks MM looks like a Macy day parade float come to life?

mangino_425aj.png

He looks more like a balding Violet Beauregarde to me.

They've hated Davis the entire time he's been here, except of course in '05 when he tailored the offense to fit Vince Young's skills instead of making Vince fit in the offense.
Wrong, totally. If you look at their "Champ DVD", you see Mack Brown and Greg Davis admitting "When we stopped trying to change him and let Vince do what he does, then we started winning." Davis hasn't tailored any good offense - he stands in the way of some good players, poorly develops, inhibits and ruins some, but he's never developed anything.

Take a look at the first play called against Tx Tech last year. He scripted his normal 200 plays. But their first play was in their own end-zone. He insisted on a slow-developing handoff. For a safety. That's the game he designed yet another loss to occur, and he got his wish.

Pure Greg Davis.

Against the aggots, Mack, Greg and Colt lose quite often. There is a great amount of faith that they'll lose this again. Mack's lost a lot of games to them, but never once has it been to a favored aggot team. He's got another big loss designed again - in Greg Davis, he trusts.

:lol::lol:

Wrong, totally. If you look at their "Champ DVD", you see Mack Brown and Greg Davis admitting "When we stopped trying to change him and let Vince do what he does, then we started winning." Davis hasn't tailored any good offense - he stands in the way of some good players, poorly develops, inhibits and ruins some, but he's never developed anything.

Take a look at the first play called against Tx Tech last year. He scripted his normal 200 plays. But their first play was in their own end-zone. He insisted on a slow-developing handoff. For a safety. That's the game he designed yet another loss to occur, and he got his wish.

Pure Greg Davis.

Against the aggots, Mack, Greg and Colt lose quite often. There is a great amount of faith that they'll lose this again. Mack's lost a lot of games to them, but never once has it been to a favored aggot team. He's got another big loss designed again - in Greg Davis, he trusts.

:lol::lol:

'Scuse me for not being clear on that post. You stated much better what I meant to say. In fact about 10 days ago the talking heads down here had Greg Davis on a call-in show and he basically said the same thing over again. "Once we let Vince do what Vince does, we won."

Before then and since then, Davis continues to force the players to fit his system (sound familiar?) and Whorn fans been steady in their hatred of him except for '05, when they thought he had finally caught a clue. Apparently he hasn't. Even as they were handing Mizzery their a**, my UT buddy was bitching about Davis the entire time.

I do have to say I'll be pulling for the Whorns vs. aTm so they can continue their march to the NC and get more $$$$ for the B12 (and hopefully pull off beating UF or Ala.)

But if Mack and Greg lay a big ol' ****brick in Collie Station next week, I will be laughing my a** off while all these jacka** Whorn fans lament what might have been.

I do have to say I'll be pulling for the Whorns vs. aTm so they can continue their march to the NC and get more $$$$ for the B12 (and hopefully pull off beating UF or Ala.)

But if Mack and Greg lay a big ol' ****brick in Collie Station next week, I will be laughing my a** off while all these jacka** Whorn fans lament what might have been.

My sentiments exactly. In the early 90s they had Roy Williams and two other extremely talented receivers and if GD had known what to do with them the team probably wouldn't have lost five straight to OU. His playcalling is suspect but under him the team has consistently produced top 20 scoring offenses in the country (unverified). I think when Mack retires, so does Greg Davis. Major Applewhite will be Will Muschamp's offensive coordinator, hopefully in an era in the very near future when winning the Big 12 South no longer guarantees a conference championship.

If CU, or any Texas opponent, can buy Greg Davis away from Texas, the Longhorn Nation would LOVE to play those games for the length of Davis' tenure - which should be about 5 minutes.

As NavyB said, this is a coach that is so lazy-of-thought that he can't adjust his program to the talents available. This is fine if he was The Great Recruiter, but he doesn't win too many head-to-head recruiting wars, nor has he demonstrated any ability to create good NFL talent. NFL scouts have, for the length of Davis' tenure at Texas, called Longhorn NFL prospects "soft" and "underskilled".

If he was an accounting professor, he would have been fired for such incompetent instruction methods.

Davis is a pure scheme-and-scripter. He's not energetic enough to alter his coaching methods to take advantage of anyone's talent, he's not a good enough recruiter to get the best talent available, and he's never developed any player's skillset to be an NFL star.

Three strikes - he should be out oF CU's consideration.

Back