What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kansas State program in turmoil - another player quits

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
(AP) MANHATTAN, Kan. - Kansas State coach Frank Martin says forward Wally Judge has quit the team.

Martin announced the departure of the 6-foot-9 sophomore Monday afternoon, quoting Judge as saying he was unhappy.

The Topeka Capital-Journal reports Judge had been in and out of the Wildcats lineup this season. He played in 17 games, averaging 5.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 15.2 minutes.

Judge started 11 games early in the season but missed five for personal or disciplinary reasons.

Martin says he's not surprised, given what he called some of Judge's "emotional situations." The coach also says Judge told him on Monday that he thought it was time for a change.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/31/sportsline/main7304030.shtml

The guys who are leaving aren't star players but eventually losing the depth is going to catch up to them. Martin is a good coach but he also seems to be a hard guy to deal with for some of these guys.

He seems to have settled in quite nicely at West Virginia.

If I remember correctly, his teams at Cincy weren't too stellar in classroom.

Before APR. He actually had a 0% graduation rate.

[video=youtube;bK-Dqj4fHmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM[/video]

That would explain his getting hired at Kstate.

:nod: Pretty much what I was getting at. My Dad went to Cincy back in the 70's, and said if you had a class with a basketball player you saw him at mid-terms and finals, and that was usually it. Sounded like that got worse under Huggins while he was there.

Judge was a top 50, 5 star type recruit who, if i remember correctly, was part of the class Martin was hired (from within) to keep together when Huggy went to WVU. So, a little intrigue there and a "was it worth it?" from KSU fan's perspective if Martin and KSU continue to tank.

looking at Rivals now.....Judge had offers from G'Town, V'Nova, Ohio State, Maryland.

The Judge is who K State fans were making a big deal of when I went to the CU KSU game last year.

Back