1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kansas State program in turmoil - another player quits

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

(AP) MANHATTAN, Kan. - Kansas State coach Frank Martin says forward Wally Judge has quit the team.

Martin announced the departure of the 6-foot-9 sophomore Monday afternoon, quoting Judge as saying he was unhappy.

The Topeka Capital-Journal reports Judge had been in and out of the Wildcats lineup this season. He played in 17 games, averaging 5.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 15.2 minutes.

Judge started 11 games early in the season but missed five for personal or disciplinary reasons.

Martin says he's not surprised, given what he called some of Judge's "emotional situations." The coach also says Judge told him on Monday that he thought it was time for a change.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/31/sportsline/main7304030.shtml

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The guys who are leaving aren't star players but eventually losing the depth is going to catch up to them. Martin is a good coach but he also seems to be a hard guy to deal with for some of these guys.

3. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

I still wonder how Kansas Juco was able to lure Bob Huggins to that hell hole a couple of years back.

4. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

He needed a job and any place would do.

5. Buffellow85

He seems to have settled in quite nicely at West Virginia.

If I remember correctly, his teams at Cincy weren't too stellar in classroom.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Before APR. He actually had a 0% graduation rate.

[video=youtube;bK-Dqj4fHmM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM[/video]

7. Buffellow85

That would explain his getting hired at Kstate.

8. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:nod: Pretty much what I was getting at. My Dad went to Cincy back in the 70's, and said if you had a class with a basketball player you saw him at mid-terms and finals, and that was usually it. Sounded like that got worse under Huggins while he was there.

9. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Straight cash homey.

10. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Judge was a top 50, 5 star type recruit who, if i remember correctly, was part of the class Martin was hired (from within) to keep together when Huggy went to WVU. So, a little intrigue there and a "was it worth it?" from KSU fan's perspective if Martin and KSU continue to tank.

looking at Rivals now.....Judge had offers from G'Town, V'Nova, Ohio State, Maryland.

11. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

The Judge is who K State fans were making a big deal of when I went to the CU KSU game last year.