What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kasa done for season

I think if Hawk stays, Kasa leaves. Hawk leaves, Kasa stays. I have seen what Hawk can do, I would like to see what Kasa can do. Hawk must go.

Some big names from the past have addressed the team in recent days. Monday, it was Kanavis McGhee’s turn.

“He was just talking about his passion for CU and what it means to be a Buff and how our priority is to beat Nebraska,” defensive lineman Taj Kaynor said. “I really connected with him on that, and I feel the same way.” Former coach Bill McCartney spoke Sunday.
“He told us (Nebraska) was a game we have to be ready for,” tailback Rodney Stewart said. “It’s our rival. It was one of the best speeches I’ve ever heard.” Safety Ben Burney said McCartney’s message was simple: Beat Nebraska. “Having him talking and pointing us out and calling us out and stuff like that, that’s something you rarely get. It makes you pinpoint and focus,” Burney said.

Longmont Times-Call

Hmmm, rarely get pointed out and called out, under Hawkins? I am aghast. Somebody get Kanavis a juicebox...STAT.

Some big names from the past have addressed the team in recent days. Monday, it was Kanavis McGhee’s turn.

“He was just talking about his passion for CU and what it means to be a Buff and how our priority is to beat Nebraska,” defensive lineman Taj Kaynor said. “I really connected with him on that, and I feel the same way.” Former coach Bill McCartney spoke Sunday.
“He told us (Nebraska) was a game we have to be ready for,” tailback Rodney Stewart said. “It’s our rival. It was one of the best speeches I’ve ever heard.” Safety Ben Burney said McCartney’s message was simple: Beat Nebraska. “Having him talking and pointing us out and calling us out and stuff like that, that’s something you rarely get. It makes you pinpoint and focus,” Burney said.

Longmont Times-Call

Hmmm, rarely get pointed out and called out, under Hawkins? I am aghast. Somebody get Kanavis a juicebox...STAT.

Sounds like he also forgot his sailor moon lunchbox... :cool:

Why do we have to get former coaches to come in to give the players pep talks...... Hawk your coaching....... it's not working........... zen fail

Why do we have to get former coaches to come in to give the players pep talks...... Hawk your coaching....... it's not working........... zen fail

This is apparently like when a TV show gets canceled and they show "best ofs" from popular shows. In this case, the coach is on the way out so the players are getting the best from the CU past. I like it!

Hawk needs to go, but this is a stupid criticism. College programs bring in people from the program's past to give pep talks all the time.

former Buff Mike Kolowloski(sp) addressed us at the Orange bowl in 89 when he was with the Dolphins, for example.

Yes I realize that, however, there have been reports that our coaches do the exact opposite before games. The story of Mister Jones coming back really confused to Hawks approach to a pregame speech where he said, "you know what you need to do." Our staff should be firing them up for the Nebraska week as well as any former players/coaches that want a piece of it. The even keeled no emotion good or bad approach is just not the ticket imo.

http://www.timescall.com/sports-college/sportscollege-story.asp?ID=19448

And it's the defensive version of Darrell Scott all over again.

BOULDER — Coach Dan Hawkins said Monday that freshman defensive end Nick Kasa, the program’s highest rated recruit last February, is expected to play Friday in Colorado’s season finale against Nebraska (1:30 p.m., ABC). That was news Monday to Kasa. “I don’t know why he would say that,” Kasa said following practice. “I really haven’t been practicing at all, and I’m trying to get that redshirt still. If I play, then definitely I’m not going to.”

Sounds like Hawkins is hitting the crack pipe over Kasa. Or there's another injury on the D-line we don't know about and Kasa is going to fill that hole.

bump..

Kasa is going to be a goner..

Now we can put another walkon on scholarship.

Please don't jump to conclusions. This is like the 3rd time I've seen someone post that today with nothing to back it up.

Back