What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kasa Injured

Pretty much sums up my thoughts Slade. Playing Hansen last year was desperation and now seems like a waste.

Conrad Obi needs to step it up.

do we beat kjsu without hansen? i know it seems like a stretch to say it was worth it just to win one game, but that would have been disastrous.

If he's going to play a good number of snaps - and I mean like HALF of the snaps - then play him.

Otherwise it is a total waste to redshirt him.

Last year, Tyler Hansen took about 21% of the season's snaps at QB. Total waste, IMO.

At the time, that was the right decision. If Tyler's redshirt is not burned, we lose to KSU. Now, in the long run, it didn't make a difference as we still missed a bowl game. But, if Rodney Stewart had stayed healthy, Henery misses that 57 yard FG, Cody doesn't throw a pick in the redzone against A&M, that win against KSU would've meant something (Making a bowl game 2 years in a row, potential for winning season = boost to team/fan morale and recruiting).

In hindsight, it was not the best decision, but with the way Cody was playing before that game (Remember his 19 yard scamper backwards for a safety the week before?) our coaches had to do something. With Tyler's rushing ability, he could create things with his feet even if the OL in front of him couldn't protect him. He gave us a playmaker on offense that was very limited on playmakers.

It was that they completely abandoned Hansen at the first hint of struggles that still pisses me off.

Last edited:
Nothing from nothing, but we might want to consider giving Kasa a say in this decision. Hawk asked Hansen before the K-State game last year and Hansen said yes. I'd bet that he'd give Kasa the same courtesy. I do agree that it should be predicated on him playing a "meaningful" number of snaps the rest of the way. But we have no idea what our D-Line will look like 6-8 weeks from now. What if they are dominating? What if they are not? That would certainly factor into the decision.

It was that they completely abandoned Hansen at the first hint of struggles that still pisses me off.

Well, we lose to Iowa St if we don't go to Cody at the half against ISU (I believe Tyler was also banged up then too). We gave Tyler his shot to bring us back against A&M and he threw a couple picks (one of the first play of the would be game winning drive).

Our offense was a cluster last season. Partly due to injuries, but it was also due to the fact that we ran an offensive scheme that didn't fit our talent. Our coaches did what they could mis season to put our team in a position to win each week.

The only objection I have was not playing Tyler at all against Nebraska. I feel like he could've given us something on offense when we were struggling to move the ball in the second half (NU's struggles with mobile QBs).

At the time, that was the right decision. If Tyler's redshirt is not burned, we lose to KSU. Now, in the long run, it didn't make a difference as we still missed a bowl game. But, if Rodney Stewart had stayed healthy, Henery misses that 57 yard FG, Cody doesn't throw a pick in the redzone against A&M, that win against KSU would've meant something (Making a bowl game 2 years in a row, potential for winning season = boost to team/fan morale and recruiting).

In hindsight, it was not the best decision, but with the way Cody was playing before that game (Remember his 19 yard scamper backwards for a safety the week before?) our coaches had to do something. With Tyler's rushing ability, he could create things with his feet even if the OL in front of him couldn't protect him. He gave us a playmaker on offense that was very limited on playmakers.

I've got no problem with them burning a redshirt. That happens all the time.

But burning a redshirt to use a player for only 21% of the offensive snaps is ridiculous.

They should never have flipflopped and put Cody back in as starter after they threw Hansen into a game.

Quick question. Ringo's blog entry on Kasa is that it is a partially torn MCL and "may require surgery". Now I have done a lot of damage to my knees over the years and in one case tore the MCL, ACL and LCL entirely in two. They repaired the ACL but left the other two because as I remember it those two have good blood supply and will heal themselves. Am I remembering this wrong? Is this a bad guess by Ringo? I know I am no D1 FB player but I wouldn't think a partial MCL tear would need surgery regardless.

Well, we lose to Iowa St if we don't go to Cody at the half against ISU (I believe Tyler was also banged up then too). We gave Tyler his shot to bring us back against A&M and he threw a couple picks (one of the first play of the would be game winning drive).

Our offense was a cluster last season. Partly due to injuries, but it was also due to the fact that we ran an offensive scheme that didn't fit our talent. Our coaches did what they could mis season to put our team in a position to win each week.

The only objection I have was not playing Tyler at all against Nebraska. I feel like he could've given us something on offense when we were struggling to move the ball in the second half (NU's struggles with mobile QBs).

Tyler played against Nebraska.

Yea, how could I forget his 3 rushes and 0 passes. Where was he in the final quarter when we struggled to move the football?

That is a question for the offensive braintrust.

Most likely, he was not part of the gameplan for Nebraska, so they really couldn't put him in.

Yea, how could I forget his 3 rushes and 0 passes. Where was he in the final quarter when we struggled to move the football?
They gave him a chance to pass... he got rabbit feet in the pocket, pulled it down and ran. Pulled. Helfrich did not get him ready.

They gave him a chance to pass... he got rabbit feet in the pocket, pulled it down and ran. Pulled. Helfrich did not get him ready.

He didn't even need to throw. Go back and watch the KSU game and how many times we called a QB draw out of the shotgun. Hell, we even called the play back to back with Cody in the game.

Regardless, this is my point. For him to not be ready, not be in the gameplan or just not used in a game with bowl eligibility on the line was surprising to me. Especially when we interchanged QBs in multiple games last season.

He didn't even need to throw. Go back and watch the KSU game and how many times we called a QB draw out of the shotgun. Hell, we even called the play back to back with Cody in the game.

Regardless, this is my point. For him to not be ready, not be in the gameplan or just not used in a game with bowl eligibility on the line was surprising to me. Especially when we interchanged QBs in multiple games last season.

Not to mention we called at least two QB draws with Cody that game. The QB rotation made little sense.

I don't think anybody would say our offense has been smooth since Hawkins arrived.

Ha, sorry.. that's the end of my off topic rant.

Actually, I was laughing as I typed that. It's a big part of what I love about this site. But honestly, I clicked on the thread a couple pages back thinking there must have been some big revelation on Kasa... and everything was a discussion about how Hansen was mis-used last year. I actually figured that I had opened the wrong thread, went back to the thread list to double-check, realized I had indeed opened the correct thread, thought "typical f***ing Allbuffs", then posted. :smile2:

We very loosely try to keep threads on topic.

I've been to a bunch of forums (see Colorado Avalanche forums) where the mods are utter nazi's about keeping threads on topic, not posting the the same topic, etc.

I HATE that ****. Too many rules. But we are pretty go-with-the-flow here, although we have to sometimes redirect a thread.

Back