1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katoa is a moron

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Highflyer, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

This cements it.

Katoa head butts Aric Goodman

Apparently he's still hanging around boulder and living with some players.

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

its not like he is the only person who wanted to do that tho...

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

I'm surprised Lynn is still in Boulder.

By the way, why would Aric run to Wally? Clearly someone like Alferd is more kicker-friendly...

4. Just Win

Just Win Guest

anyone wonder why Katoa was not being allowed in the bar?

5. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

roid rage

6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

So many things wrong here:

1. Why does Katoa essentially pick a fight with the K?

2. Why does Goodman run away like a scared girl?

3. Why don't the team members with AG break up the confrontation?

4. Why does AG turn him in to the cops?

Unbelievable...

bombay likes this.
  7. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

You can't fix stupid.

Some kids will never realize the magnitude of the opportunity they pissed away. It seems our friend Lynn is one of them.

8. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Bingo.
    Bingo.
    Bingo.
    Bingo.

Grand slam.

9. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I dunno. Does the answer have anything to do with sparkly gold patent leather shoes? :lol:

10. Highflyer

Not sure what exactly is unbelievable. Katoa has issues

11. leftybuff

I am pretty sure nobody argues the point Katoa is the guy who got the ball rolling in the wrong direction. He was in the wrong.

I have had my *** kicked before. Sometimes you dig your heels in and take what's coming your way. I never ran to the cops, if it is a fair fight and you go to the cops, well, let's say I sure as hell woudldn't want you covering my back. What's wrong with the world? Here is a D 1 athlete ratting out a former teammate to the cops over a head butt. Seems pretty weak to me. Am I the only one that grew up getting into a fistfight every now and again and just letting the chips fall where they may when it was over? Are kids today such weenies they call the cops every time there is a scuffle? Weren't the cops called to a frat house scuffle that got TH and Ewing in trouble?

12. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm pretty sure that if I found out Katoa was coming after me (with or without a rock), I'd run away like a scared girl, too.

13. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

...and turn him in to the cops. Not sure why this is puzzling to anyone. **** that noise.

14. Highflyer

If it were not Katoa, who has proved to be thug, I'd concede this point. I don't know how it happens, but Katoa needs to get the hell out of Boulder and far away from the current members of the team.

15. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

He will be taking a nice vacation into the jail if this all holds up

16. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Goodman tried to fight back but he hit a post instead of katoa.

17. leftybuff

I think Katoa has to stay here beause he's on probation, I could be wrong about that. He sure seems liek a bad actor. BUt he's a teammate, why get him in trouble?

18. leftybuff

:lol:

19. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

No he isn't.

20. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

1) He's not a teammate anymore

2) I don't feel any need to trade punches with or be used as a punching bag by assholes out looking for a fight when I've done nothing to them. Your mileage may vary. Personally, I don't see where Goodman was supposed to "prove" something by getting into a fight that he wasn't looking for and did nothing to cause. That's not a fight, that's assault. And the police are the right people to deal with it. Show me that all of this came from one guy hitting on another guy's girlfriend or spilling a margarita on the other guy's shoes and I might have a little more sympathy for the "Goodman is a ***** for not fighting" angle.

21. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

nice.

22. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

It doesnt say Goodman called the cops anyway, I bet it was the bouncers or someone working at the bar that did it.

23. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Lynn is an EX-teammate, and barely that. Did he ever put on a helmet? didn't he get suspended the summer before his freshman year? He let the team down before he even stepped into the locker room.

There's a time and a place to dig in your heals and meet the fight head-on (pardon the pun), but when you are a senior and the local media is waiting to pounce on any mistake you make, well, that's not the time to swing back. I'd also submit that it is not the time to swing back when the guy on the receiving end could kick the **** out of you with eyes closed.

24. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

goodman did the right thing, he walked (ran) away and stayed out of trouble.

25. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I wonder how Goodman gets along with his teammates that are friends with Katoa.

They both come out of this looking bad. Katoa clearly has problems but IMO calling the cops is extremely weak. What a *****.

26. leftybuff

Fine. Anybody walks up to me and headbutts me, I'm probably swinging because as far as I know, I'm in the early stages of potentially getting my *** kicked if I don't. If I find out it is my drunk cousin, another poster from AB, a former co-worker, neighbor or somebody I know of from the local rec center, I'm very unlikely to go crying to the cops. I am sure there are situations where I would prefer not to engage, and I certainly am not looking to scrap, that is for sure. Once you've gotten your fanny kicked a couple of times you learn two things: 1. you don't want to fight unless you have to and 2. getting your fanny kicked really isn't all that bad.

There are some things I won't tolerate from anybody, even if it means I am going to come up short. From what was said in the article, this is the kind of situation where things are settled between men who know each other, not running to Johnny Law. JMO.

27. leftybuff

Actually it says AG flagged down the cops....

28. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

Are you guys serious? I don't understand why you want Aric to fight back. If he gets into it with Katoa (& prob gets sent to the hospital), then the other players start jumping in, they headlines would be outrageous today.

Katoa has some serious anger problems - if he's willing to get into it with someone he knows - then hell, maybe him walking the streets starting sh** is not where he needs to be.

Lynn's been in trouble, he's on probation, he's in the wrong. Flipping this by calling Aric a p**** is just ridiculous. I think Aric did the right thing by keeping himself & his teammates out from behind the courtroom's defense table.

29. Bolond

Bolond Member

I can't wait until both of these guys are out of Boulder.

30. leftybuff

My last word on the subject. Whether AG fights back or not, to me isn't the biggest issue. Calling the cops is weak IMO. He didn't "save" the FB team from bad press, he gave the haters another story because he wasn't willing to handle it himself. He was out of danger by the time he flagged down the cop I suspect. I honestly don't know what you do with somebody who is not willing to defend themselves. Katoa was clearly in the wrong, I'd wager he'd take AG (and me too) down to Chinatown if it came to it. He's a big strong kid who appears pretty comfortable issuing beatdowns. If you get assaulted, I actually kind of admire people who don't instinctively strike back. I'm not one of those people. I am going to defend myself. But to rat out a guy you know, who is already in deep **** is weak IMO. I don't relish the thought of getting into a fight, but I hate the thought of cowering worse.