1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katoa leaving?...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Mar 20, 2008.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

some one on NB said they have the scoop. Anybody know anything beyond what's in the papers?

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

his understanding of NCAA rules is wrong, although if Katoa was the victim of racial epithets as has been rumored I could see him wanting to leave, and I could see that hurting our recruiting going forward.

One other wrinkle is if he is close enough to Nonu to go rumbling on his behalf he maybe close enough to want to stay with his new found friends.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  3. leftybuff

That would definitely suck. What a bunch of pussies to break out a taser. I had a gun pulled on me at CU...even then I didn't go crying to the cops because I knew who the guys were, and I knew they weren't going to shoot. The whole matter got settled. Nobody was hurt and calling the cops would have been very lame after the fact.

On the other hand, I used to run my mouth a lot when I was 16-18. I ran it one time too often and got my ass whooped by three guys. I didn't call the cops then either. I just learned maybe I wasn't the bigggest, baddest SOB in town and I would do well to not lip off so much. I think some of that might go over well for some folks from time to time, JMO.

4. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

You're kding right? 100 posters at netbuffs have a "scoop' or inside source.

I would pay no attention to it,if it does happen,it's on katoa and a growing concern of kids targeting polynesian players.

5. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Other posters have already discredited that post. At least the part about him packing his bags for Okie.

6. leftybuff

Good, I hope that is the case. I was afraid Sip was gone, but he stuck it out, maybe Katoa can do the same.

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Kotoa would not have been expelled already. The process takes much longer than that. This guy was just trying to spout BS and get away with it. Glad he was called out.

8. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

He can't go to Okie.... at least not for a couple of years.... right?

9. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Soundss familiar I have a titanium right Orbital and a fake tooth from a street fight in boulder, I was jawing with a guy and it turned into a fight, he lost, then i lost to his three friends.

Cops were involved but only becuase I flagged one down to get me an ambulance. They proved to be useless and really had no interest in chasing this down, despite me flagging one of them down with in 3 minutes of the fight. Suffice to say I have no faith in them finding the taser boys.

Incidentally a CU football player who I was not close with (but who was with some friends of mine) did attempt to pay the kids who roughed me up a visit, pretty glad he didnt find anyone either

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

No, he can't.

I'm not going to go to netturds and find out what some idot over there is spouting off.

11. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

The poster who spewed this BS, that was his first post at netbuffs........next.

12. Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Member

Wasnt Lovett and his posse was it? :wink2:

13. leftybuff

:lol::lol::lol: No, not unless he was able to kick my fanny when he was 3, by my guess I'm about 14-15 years older than RL. How you been Helmet?

14. Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Member

Im good lefty. You been spending more time here than over at NB?

Sorry, I just resist the Lovett thing. Man, that just never gets old. :thumbsup:

15. leftybuff

Yeah, I finally got tired of the endless GB v. Hawk/ Hooli v. the world antics. I still lurk and post from time to time, but I post more over here. Once the season starts back up I'll probably be posting at both places to satisfy my Buff FB jones.

You're right the Lovett thing still cracks me up...:smile2:

16. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i got in a fight w/ a fb player when i was a frosh at CU. my freshman year was the last year of the fb dorm on campus. i was walking past the fb dorm at like 2am when i heard a weird noise and looked up and saw this big old dude puking out a window. i didn't say anything. i just kept walking, but the guy, clearly an offensive lineman, looked up and said "hey, whaddaya lookin' at?" along with some other derogatory stuff. being young, slightly intoxicated, and having a temper of my own, i responded in kind. he came down from the room he was in and came after me. i am not a small guy but this guy had a lot of size on me, not to mention strength, speed, athleticism, etc. but, he was very drunk. he took a wild swing and and i punted his 'nads into his throat. he dropped, of course, and i started to run away. right about then, a group of very angry teammates of his came streaming out of the dorm and altho i took off, they caught me, of course. this is where i expected it would turn very ugly for me. luckily for me, i was in a couple classes with a couple of the players and i was helping them with their work. those 2 guys intervened and the situation cooled down. someone else vouched for how the fight went down and they helped the guy back to his room and that was that. no police, no tasers, no press... whatever. ... scared the crap out of me, however. to this day, i don't know who the guy was that i kicked. i never asked the guys i was in class with and they never brought it up.

17. Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Member

Its all good. Boards are a little slower this time of year anyway. The Lovett thing will never get old to me. Its too hilarious. Im the same way with the Priceline Negotiator commercials and William Shatner. :lol:

18. leftybuff

BTW, your avatar is hilarious...:lol:

19. jrod212

jrod212 Member

I kick em in the ballz.