What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Katoa not going to play in 08

OK, I've always figured he'd be done this year. But where is the verification of the story? Sipili was not even allowed on campus for a semester. Katoa will be? I hope this is true, but where is the validation?

Sip's suspension was going forward, this is apparently retro active, so his is likely "off campus" from now through the beginning of the fall semester.

Your post isnt a whole lot better than his man, you dont want others to judge but you are quick to judge yourself. I'd bet he is not in school and no trustafarian with a post like that.

As for the judicial affairs thing I never had to deal with it when I got MIP's etc in college.

You got me before I caught myself. I was being a hypocrite and you're right. Practice what we preach, I guess.

It's just that, during my time in Boulder, there were certain individuals who never had to deal with any consequences for their actions (and I was friends with a few of them). This made them almost indestructible in their own minds, which resulted in things just as bad as what Katoa did, and often quite worse. And they always got a free ride somehow. They were the ones calling the cops on other kids. It was like "whoever tattles first gets away with anything". So my judgment is due more to reflection and experience than anything else.

Boulder County Police turn in the name of every single kid they give a ticket (as long as it breaks student conduct code, which is most) to the University who sorts through which kids are students and which are not. Obviously they don't care about the non-students, but with the CU students they find, they send them a letter telling them they need to set up an appointment with Judicial Affairs. Then the student goes in and gets things metaphorically shoved up their ass.

87 - You're sure the Alumni Association and the CU ticket office doesn't get the PD list, too? Positive? Cus that would be teh suk if they did. Whew!

Hey, you don't like my opinion, fine, but calling me names? **** you. Throw him AND the assholes that were involved off campus, but we don't need this **** at CU. The effing punk attacked a kid with a rock in his hand. When I was his age I was in the Marine Corps where screwing up meant your ass. So, I don't need any teeage dude-spouting pussies pretending to be big men on the Internet talking ****.

Our fans and students already have a reputation as being the worst in the Big 12 and we've already suffered enough bad pub to last a life time. Maybe I have higher standards than the rest of you but I'd toss his ass off the team.

Hey, you don't like my opinion, fine, but calling me names? **** you. Throw him AND the assholes that were involved off campus, but we don't need this **** at CU. The effing punk attacked a kid with a rock in his hand. When I was his age I was in the Marine Corps where screwing up meant your ass. So, I don't need any teeage dude-spouting pussies pretending to be big men on the Internet talking ****.

Our fans and students already have a reputation as being the worst in the Big 12 and we've already suffered enough bad pub to last a life time. Maybe I have higher standards than the rest of you but I'd toss his ass off the team.

Uh, I don't think anyone here is a teenager. Most of the people who did not like your post are quite a bit older than that.

So no second chances for you, eh? I don't think I'd have a problem with a 2 strikes policy, but one and done? Seems a bit draconian, don't you think? Do you parent the same way with your kids? If so, they probably got booted out of the house long ago...

well, CU football is not the marines. its fine to have the high standards. actually its great and what one should aim for. however, there needs to be a little more thought put into it.

the fact is, he is a kid that made a mistake. there is an oppertunity here. *IF* he can learn from this mistake and make a better person out of himself, that provides a service to us all. in addition, he can also be an example and help guide new kids that come into the program over the next five years on what NOT to do.

i think we all agree his actions were deplorable. that is a fact. i am of the opinion that this provides him with an oppertunity, if handled correctly by those who have the ability to influence him, where a kid can learn from a mistake and go on to do very good things because of the lessons learned.

time will tell if he will be that type of person. i hope he is. to just throw a kid out of school permanatly for this type of mistake is short sighted and does not provide a service to him or the communitly. missing the season and not being allowed to attend school for a year seems to me, an appropriate punishment.

now, if he ****s up again by all means he should be thrown off the team and out of school.

as far as how other people outside the CU program/fanbase view CU.... **** 'em. the fact is, thier kids make the same mistakes CU's does. im not willing to trash a kid to try and help CU have a good name so some fan who does not like CU anyway might view the program in a better light.

People who attack people with rocks need to be dealt with. The worst offenders -- worse even than those who commit murder in the heat of passion -- are violent people who have no problem with coming after people full force.

Oh, but he's a CU football player let him off easy. Bull****.

People who attack people with rocks need to be dealt with. The worst offenders -- worse even than those who commit murder in the heat of passion -- are violent people who have no problem with coming after people full force.

"Its fine to have the high standards. actually its great and what one should aim for. however, there needs to be a little more thought put into it."
Traslation: he's a CU football player let him off easy. Bull****.

"Its fine to have the high standards. actually its great and what one should aim for. however, there needs to be a little more thought put into it."
Traslation: he's a CU football player let him off easy. Bull****.

i dont think suspending him for a semester and not allowing him to play along with what ever the legal system does to him is getting off easy. it has nothing to do with him being a CU football player.

Internet tough guy alert.:lol:

Do you parent the same way with your kids? If so, they probably got booted out of the house long ago...

Kicking someone out of the house and off campus are two different things, or can't you see that?

If I had gone after some kid with a rock -- and I'm a big guy, not as big as Katoa -- my father would have done the right thing and punnished me.

Kicking someone out of the house and off campus are two different things, or can't you see that?

If I had gone after some kid with a rock -- and I'm a big guy, not as big as Katoa -- my father would have done the right thing and punnished me.

where do you get this idea that he is not being punished?

First of all none of this would have happened had the dumbass not tasered Nonu. Secondly, he is being punished, he is off campus during the summer and not allowed to play in the fall. If we were to send home anyone who had any sort of trouble we would be without Sip, Katoa, Tau just to name a few. That is a bull**** answer. I understand you were in the Marines, but the Marines and playing football at CU are very different things, I would even go as far as saying they are polar opposites.

The effing punk attacked a kid with a rock in his hand. When I was his age I was in the Marine Corps where screwing up meant your ass. So, I don't need any teeage dude-spouting pussies pretending to be big men on the Internet talking ****.

And I'm sure that none of those Marines you served with would have done anything if one of their comrades was tasered by some ****head punk for no reason, right? They would have just turned the other cheek and walked away... Talk about bull****.

BTW, if you're going to whine about name calling, you might hold off on calling other people pussies. It kind of makes you look like one yourself...

Oh, but he's a CU football player let him off easy. Bull****.

Ok I still think you are a troll but you are a troll that came back so I'll bite.

My point to you is the same one that I make to people who claim that football players are unfairly singled out by the Boulder PD and/or the Judicial Affairs Committee. You would have to produce some evidence to support that before your argument is worth anything.

As long as Katoa's punishment in the county courts and with the university are in-line with other people who are charged/convicted of similar offenses then I have no issue with it. From what I have read this seems to be the case. If you have some evidence to refute this then please provide it. If you feel the laws/punshiment of the state and/or university are too lenient then write your representative and regent and get them changed.

where do you get this idea that he is not being punished?

:yeahthat:

Being suspended from the team for a semester is not 'not being punished'. Missing the first quarter of the first game like some of our B12 counterparts do would fall in that category.

To make the assertion that there's been no punishment meted out in this situation is absurd. The punishment fit the crime. If you'll recall, many of us around here thought that this exact situation would come to pass given what happened with Sipili. The two situations are very similar, and the punishment doled out was nearly identical. So to make the statement that he's somehow getting preferential treatment is false.

We're not a "no tolerance" society. We have tolerance for people who make mistakes. We punish them for their indescretions and then welcome them back into our good graces with open arms. All indications are that Katoa showed appropriate remorse for his actions and has been willing to make amends. In many ways, it shows a lot more courage to stick it out at CU and do the right thing than to transfer someplace else.

I think the system was consistent in this case and really don't have any issue with how things worked out. I'm sorry if varsity does. But that seems to be his problem, not anybody elses.

Dodds has been AD at UT for 27 years, not 15. In that time UT has won 12 national championships and 90 conference titles.

I'm jealous of UT as well. CU does not have the size or devotion of the UT alumni. We suffer from a very casual, 'whatever, dude' attitude. I'll take those "Bible Belt" warriors over the layabout stoners every time, they get the job done.

A guy like that shouldn't even be allowed on campus much less allowed to play football.

We don't need this kind of **** at CU.

Seems like somebody has a bit of trouble making up his mind. If you think that UT would kick Katoa out of school permanently for something like this, you are a bigger idot than you have made yourself appear to be today...

Back