What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Katoa officially no longer a Buff

Was Ochs really a 5 star?? Damn.

I thought he was...maybe not, someone else may know for sure.

Think Ochs was a 4* on rivals, but he was their #3 or #4 rated QB. So a top 50 type player.

And Dusty's comment about Ryan Miller is hilarious. Not sure what the point of it was, but Miller is the most important recruit Hawkins has landed during his tenure for so many reasons.

Think Ochs was a 4* on rivals, but he was their #3 or #4 rated QB. So a top 50 type player.

And Dusty's comment about Ryan Miller is hilarious. Not sure what the point of it was, but Miller is the most important recruit Hawkins has landed during his tenure for so many reasons.

:yeahthat:

Katoa has some issues wherever he goes. He's obviously got some academic baggage. With the APR stuff hanging over every program, there are not many schools wanting to take on that risk. He's already burned through his redshirt year, and unless he can find a D-1 school to transfer to in the next week, he'll be screwed.

Best guess is that he goes Juco route for a year and then ends up at a D-1 school - probably KSU.

I think FCS subdivision, formly know as Div IIA.... if he does it soon enough he will still have 4 years of eligibility left...

Last edited:
Let's see, Katoa enrolled early, and it all looked so promising. But that could make him eligible earlier for the NFL - not sure how those dates work out.

Let's see, Katoa enrolled early, and it all looked so promising. But that could make him eligible earlier for the NFL - not sure how those dates work out.

Uh, you're kidding right? When's the last time a guy got a shot in the NFL without playing a single down in college. No chance without proving himself at the college level first.

Re: Katao officially no longer a Buff

And there was me thinking football was a team game. Silly me.

Nobody can change a whole game with one single play as game changing plays are a result of the whole team doing a great job on that play. The skill position guys get way more credit, but even an offense with Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald would struggle against the Washington Huskies without an OL.

And Really Jen's that is why Madden should be missed, he so often pointed out the blocks and the screens by others that contributed to a play. To your dolt fan who never accounted for these facts he did truly educate them.

Uh, you're kidding right? When's the last time a guy got a shot in the NFL without playing a single down in college. No chance without proving himself at the college level first.

Maybe you should reread my post, I said early, not without playing.

Matt Cassell only threw 14 passes in college. But, yea.. I'd be stunned if Katoa ends up anywhere.

Back