What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Keep your heads up, better days ahead

tmac9wr

Yea, tonight sucked, but you guys have better days ahead. As long as you can keep Mac in Boulder, your program is in good hands. Boulder is a fantastic area, and he should be able to bring in good recruits without trouble. Montez is a talented young QB who got serious playing time as a result of Sefo's injuries, and you only lose one offensive lineman. Your offense should be in a great position to perform very well next year. The defense loses a lot, but hopefully you'll have enough to be presentable.

I come from an outside perspective (Clemson) and to be honest, I was shocked to see the Buffs do so well. You guys were picked to finish last in the PAC-12 South and you won the entire division. Let's not mince words: once you passed 8 wins, you were playing with house money. You guys were way ahead of schedule this year, and you made the right kind of waves in the college football world.

You guys just got to the PAC-12 championship with a bunch of rag tag misfits. Since 2011, Colorado has finished 80th, 37th, 66th, 64th, 72nd, and 66th in Rivals' recruiting rankings. This year, you're ranked 17th. This was the best foundation you guys could have possibly laid this year. You guys just recently flipped an OL recruit to the Buffs from Ohio freaking State! Nobody takes boys from Urban--nobody!

Did tonight blow? Hell yes it did. You got your teeth kicked in on national television...it's never a good feeling. Before you get pissed at me, I'm telling you this from a place of experience. In 2011, Clemson went 10-4 after going 6-7 in 2010...we capped off our "#TheRise" year by getting humiliated 70-33 by West Virginia on national television in the Orange Bowl. Even mentioning that game still makes me feel sick, angry, and embarrassed, and you'll probably feel the same way about tonight...but since that humiliation, we've gone 57-9, won the ACC once, won two Orange Bowls--with bowl wins against Ohio St, LSU, and two against Oklahoma--and gave Alabama everything they could handle in the national championship game.

You guys just had a magical season that ended with some severe disappointment, but don't let that keep you down. Be happy & proud of your team, but don't be satisfied. Keep your heads up, demand more, and kick some ass in the bowl game. Good luck.

Last edited:
My only immediate concern is the Defensive Backfield. Can we replace what we're losing? If so, how long will that take? THEY won the Stanford, UCLA, and WAZZU games.

What is a "dauber?" Because mine is down. But thanks for the encouraging words! We DO have a home where the buffalo roam and the skies are NOT cloudy and gray after all!!!

This is truth. Guys we are bringing in and guys who will be replacing other guys are more talented or have a higher upside than guys we have now.
What Mac did was with MWC recruiting classes. Can't wait to see how good we are with a few top 20 classes under our belts.

Great perspective. I think we have the coaches in place to now compete with anybody on the field and recruiting. Now we just need to keep adding the talent. We needed playmakers to step up at QB, HB, OL, WR, TE, yesterday and we didn't get it. Gotta get better there either through experience and growth of players we have, along with adding more talented kids at those positions. I like where we are going though.

Thanks, but take care of your own business. If you guys lose tonight, I doubt you'll be trolling many more boards consoling losers of CCG's.

today has been a rough day....while not expecting to beat uw i thought we had a chance to be right there.....i kinda got carried away with some buddies around the country who root for other teams telling them i think we can hang with wash.....the txts started rolling in late in the 3rd q last nite....so i felt a bit like i was on the field myself getting kicked in the ass......

All the pieces are in place to be good for a while...can't wait to see what Mac can do w a few top 20 classes. Immediately we need to beef up the lines...the new OL guys are looking really good but need some DLs...also need a TE that can catch, some depth at RB and some damn LBs to compete for a National Championship.

Thanks, but take care of your own business. If you guys lose tonight, I doubt you'll be trolling many more boards consoling losers of CCG's.
Trolling? Dude, I've been here all year, sometimes participating but mostly lurking. I like the Buffs, and wish the best for them . Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to help remind you that the sky isn't falling and that while last night was a disappointment, this season was a giant net win for the program.

If the Tigers lose tonight, I'll be devastated for sure...and I don't think I'll be consoling you guys very much if that happens. However I don't see why you're characterizing me as some asshole for trying to remind you guys that there's a lot to be proud about in the 2016 Colorado Buffaloes.

All the pieces are in place to be good for a while...can't wait to see what Mac can do w a few top 20 classes. Immediately we need to beef up the lines...the new OL guys are looking really good but need some DLs...also need a TE that can catch, some depth at RB and some damn LBs to compete for a National Championship.
The trenches are so critical. When you finally get the right squads on both sides of the ball, it's a beautiful thing to watch. Sefo was a trooper this year, but was constantly getting destroyed...hopefully next year, with all but 1 OL returning, Montez will benefit with some better protection. The defensive line may be a different story since I believe you lose 5 of your front 7, but sometimes you gotta take some baby steps.

Trolling? Dude, I've been here all year, sometimes participating but mostly lurking. I like the Buffs, and wish the best for them . Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to help remind you that the sky isn't falling and that while last night was a disappointment, this season was a giant net win for the program.

If the Tigers lose tonight, I'll be devastated for sure...and I don't think I'll be consoling you guys very much if that happens. However I don't see why you're characterizing me as some asshole for trying to remind you guys that there's a lot to be proud about in the 2016 Colorado Buffaloes.
Because I'm not a Freshman never having tasted victory. I've been a Buff for many decades and have witnessed the glorious highs and terrible lows. I suppose I appreciate your effort, but I find them cloying and condescending. No need to curry favor with me, it won't earn you any likes.

Because I'm not a Freshman never having tasted victory. I've been a Buff for many decades and have witnessed the glorious highs and terrible lows. I suppose I appreciate your effort, but I find them cloying and condescending. No need to curry favor with me, it won't earn you any likes.

Guess he'll just have to be happy with the 30+ he has already.

One question tmac ... can we still root for Clemson to lose? Just because. ;)

Your commentary is great and does not come off as condescending at all. Don't let one rude person turn you off from the place.

I think most of us thanked our lucky stars for such an outstanding season. Just a tremendous accomplishment by this group of players and coaches.

Your commentary is great and does not come off as condescending at all. Don't let one rude person turn you off from the place.
Maybe you should give a course in board brown nosing, you certainly excel in that area!

One thing I do know, Hokie is a fine chap, I'm rooting for the Gobblers BIG TIME!

Pay no attention to him. He's bitter and heartbroken.

You won't give me any internet likes? But how in the world am I supposed to feed my children? You're a cold man.

If we win, yes, you're allowed to root against us. If we lose, no, you need to feel bad for me.

Back