1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ken Pom fans, thought you might enjoy this.

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RK, Nov 7, 2012.

1. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Oct 5, 2010
  2. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Jan 24, 2011
  3. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

Aug 31, 2007

A couple interesting semi CU related things:

Hey ken, I know you've done some work with Scott Drew at Baylor. He gets a lot of flack for not being a great "x's and o's" guy. What is your opinion of him as a coach?

[–]kenpom 5 points 8 hours ago
    For the most part I struggle to criticize guys on x's and o's or game prep type issues. Not that I'm a nice guy or anything, I just don't have the experience with that kind of stuff to feel like an expert, and hoops is a lot more difficult to judge than baseball in that regard. I enjoyed working with Scott and the fact that he enlisted my services says something about his approach. I'd like to think it's a good thing!

Do you agree with my (admittedly biased) assessment that Justin Cobbs (Cal PG for those who are not familiar) is very underrated nationally?
    Also, how do you think the Golden Bears will do this season?

[–]kenpom 4 points 8 hours ago
    I don't know where I would put Cobbs in the PG pecking order, but I think any very-good-but-not-spectactular player in the Pac-12 tends to be underrated nationally. People back east just don't see them, and they're too busy hating on the Pac-12 to take notice. Cal should be fine this year. Certainly a reasonable shot at 3rd behind UCLA/Arizona.