What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kendrick Celestine?

I have factual information from someone connected to him personally that Kendrick left the program for a personal issue involving a girlfriend back home. I also know that it had NOTHING to do with playing time. Playing time hinged on Kendrick knowing where to be and when, and the staff couldn't use him in a large portion of the playbook as of game 3.

Kendrick had difficulties adjusting to Boulder from the beginning and to school. He was on the edge from the time he got here, deciding to leave several times. He missed the spring and needed to focus all summer on school - which he did. However, he nearly left several times before this. He played quite a bit for a true freshmen, but almost didn't make it thru the first semester LAST year, wanting to return to his Rural Louisiana roots.

When he got the news about his girlfriend, he was gone.

When I was told the reason, I assumed he left school and Boulder right away, but frankly, finishing the semester would be the BEST thing he could do if he wants to transfer somewhere in the spring closer to home. If he is in Boulder, good!

I was told that he had adjustment issues all last year. Boulder is a bit different than rural Louisiana and I think it's easy to see that not all kids can make that transition as easy as others. Kendrick had some struggles with it.

I'm confident the staff is supporting him in his choice and will make sure they help him down the road.

To say he was run-off for lack of playing time is extremely irresponsible and you deserve some Neg's!
That's an understatement, especially for a black kid. What's the black population of Boulder - I'm guessing less than 10%? He's a good young man, went back to be a father to his child - enough said. When I went to CU back in the late 70's the first thing I discovered was Boulder was full of bogus liberals and intellectuals. The women were great, most beautiful coeds anywhere.

Last edited:
No need to cut the kid down. We're all better than that imo

There are very intelligent people who still have emotional problems with temper or focusing. So we need to just understand that while we may of had better homelives when we were young and learned to focus and study and avoid fights (or at least some of them), not everyone had our situations. Sometimes people are exposed to such bad circumstances that they will struggle to adjust and overcome those things. And I pray that Lynn will still be able to do that somewhere. If it is not at CU, then so be it. His success in the rest of his life is of greater importance to me than his on the football field here at CU.

I really think this will just more of a focus on our running game. It is not often that a team can line up in the I and also have multiple WR's on the field. We are fine with Espy, McKnight, Simas and one or two of the new kids.

What we lost in J Smith, we gained and then some in Simas.

I understand he's got his young family in Boulder as well, so the scholarship has to be a huge help. Welcome back Celestine, welcome back.

Awesome. Great news to hear. Does that mean that he will be eligible to play in August? The man took care of his responsibility when he needed to--bad timing, but still--and had to regain the trust of his teammates on his own dime too; as an out of state student that likely cost him a lot, but when all is said and done hopefully will be an investment in his (and his family's) future. I'm glad things are working out for him because we need all of the help at WR (even with Simas, Scotty, and now Clemmons) that we can get.

I believe he sat out this year due to academic ineligibility, so conceivably he should be able to play in the fall. If he keeps grades up, and summer school would help.

He has a small amount of work to do to be eligible for Fall. With the time and effort he has already put in, it really should not be a problem.

But really, this is a great story about college athletics can help a player beyond the field. Props to Coach Hawkins on giving Celestine a second chance with certain stipulations, he deserves a lot of credit here.

First Jimmy Smith decides to come back and now this. I like the positive news.

Celestine did what I thought would be impossible, but he really showed that he is a totally different student. He definitely has some raw talent and has admitted to not really putting "full effort" into his first time thru Boulder. I applaud the young man for putting in the hard work and turning his life around, and wish him luck going forward. If he can add a little playmaking pizazz to our offense, even better. I have a hunch he can show similar improvement on the field as he's shown off the field and I look forward to seeing this happen! Congrats!

This should add options in the return game too. I like it. Welcome back, KC.

welcome back, kc.

way to step up.

this is a positive story for a student athlete. why bust up either staff or him over it?

Nice job Kendrick! You have all of my admiration for pulling this together! Way to step it up and be the man you wanted to be!

What a great story of a young man who really put it on the line to wear the black and gold! Welcome back!

Back