What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kenpom and Wisconsin

Nor Cal Buff

Remember how much heat Kenpom was taking for Wisconsin's high ranking after they lost to Michigan by 18? Well all they've done is win 5 straight, 3 of which came against currently projected single digit seeds (ESPN) and with 2 of those 3 on the road. More anecdotal evidence of Kenpom's awesomeness.

Wisconsin's skill level and execution is insane, but if I have to watch one more game where both teams struggle to score 50 points and no one gets a shot off before 3 seconds left on the shot clock, I might go insane. Lord help us if Wisconsin ever plays Western Illinois.

Wisconsin's skill level and execution is insane, but if I have to watch one more game where both teams struggle to score 50 points and no one gets a shot off before 3 seconds left on the shot clock, I might go insane. Lord help us if Wisconsin ever plays Western Illinois.

Lord help us if Wisconsin ever plays Virginia.

Remember how much heat Kenpom was taking for Wisconsin's high ranking after they lost to Michigan by 18? Well all they've done is win 5 straight, 3 of which came against currently projected single digit seeds (ESPN) and with 2 of those 3 on the road. More anecdotal evidence of Kenpom's awesomeness.

Pomeroy still has them ridiculously overrated at #2. Does anyone think they are a Final Four team? They'll be lucky to finish top four in their own conference.

Pomeroy's methodology has it's own biases, unintentional as they may be. Wisconsin has very few turnovers, and gets a ton of offensive rebounds per possession. In Pomeroy's methodology, you can throw up the worst brick with a second left on the shot clock, but if you get the offensive board, that extends the possession, not creates another one.

The Badgers do all the things well that KenPom values, but that overrates them by 15-20 places every year. Anyone think they are closer to the #2 team in the country rather than the #19 or 20 that the coaches and media have them?

Wisconsin has very few turnovers, and gets a ton of offensive rebounds per possession

Absolutely agree they are overrated, but a team that doesn't turn the ball over and gets a lot of second chance opportunities is a team that can make a run in the tourney.

Last edited:
Back