What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kevin Sumlin: just just beat a top 10 team

The two years EB was here coaching, we had our best 2 years of this decade.. Just look what he did coaching up the RB's during this time.

EB played here during the best years of CU football..

EB will have the support of the alumni and ex-players.

EB would be the true home run.

EB can bring a perspective to potential recruits that you can be successful here at CU because EB was. Don't think for a second we still don't have an image problem out of the state for big time prospects. EB can help us overcome that.

I'm almost ready to dump Hawk right now just to support EB to be the next coach because I'm so fired up about the possibilities of how good we can be.

EB for coach :woot:

:lol: You laugh at others posts here for their coaching picks and you have EB as head coach? How's he going to work out with this administration and AD? These players have been coddled and zenified, it would be too much of a shock.

I think it would be great to see EB coach here. But I also would like to see him get some more experience. Run an offense before we hand him the top spot. jmho.

Yeah, I just don't think he's ready for it quite yet. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in as OC if we hire a defensive minded coach. Not sure it'd be great to get another unproven OC, though. Maybe we could entice him to come back as RB coach and recruiting coordinator or something. Not sure that lures him away from AP, but I think he's the type that just prefers the college game. jmo

The "CU family" consists of what, Bieniemy and Embree? Out of those two I think Embree is better HC material. Your point about Sumlin not winning with his players is good, he might just be Rick #2. Honestly though, you can't dispute Sumlin can coach offense. At the very least we'd actually be able to field an offense capable of putting 30+ points on the board.

Actually there is another CU family member out there.. David Gibbs.. Was a safety on the national championship team. Has turned himself into a pretty good defensive coach. Coached on the Broncos staff for a few years and is now on the Texans staff I believe.

He coached at Auburn in college.

Isn't Minnesota's HC job in a little trouble this season? I thought he had to have a good year or else? EB might be free. :lol:

The two years EB was here coaching, we had our best 2 years of this decade.. Just look what he did coaching up the RB's during this time.

EB can bring a perspective to potential recruits that you can be successful here at CU because EB was. Don't think for a second we still don't have an image problem out of the state for big time prospects. EB can help us overcome that.

I'm almost ready to dump Hawk right now just to support EB to be the next coach because I'm so fired up about the possibilities of how good we can be.

Yeah, he coached one of those RB all the way up to Fort Collins... :lol:

I hate to break it to you, but 95% of big time prospects out of state have NEVER heard of Eric Bieniemy. His playing days came before they were born. He is an NFL position coach. To them it is no different than if we hired Bobby Turner as head coach.

And, again, boosters and fans are going to be excited by winning. If it's Bieniemy vs. a coach with no CU ties, EB has an advantage right up to the first loss. If being a great Buff on the national championship team was all it took to be a great coach, we'd all be wanting Darian Hagan promoted to the HC job...

Actually there is another CU family member out there.. David Gibbs.. Was a safety on the national championship team. Has turned himself into a pretty good defensive coach. Coached the Broncos for a few years and is now on the Texans staff I believe.

He coached at Auburn in college.
Oh yeah! Good find. I'd love to see him back at CU.

He sounds good, add him to the never ending list! Kidding aside, he sounds like he has the most experience at least as a coordinator out of Embree or Bieniemy. He also is a defensive minded coach which is what I am hoping to see.

Micheal westbrook. Throw an INT get your *** kicked. Drop a pass, get your *** kicked. Miss a tackle or get burned deep, that's right,get your *** kicked.

Hell, let's just have an all former buffs coaching staff

HC EB
OC EMBREE
RB HAGAN
WR WESTBROOK
TE LOGAN
OL NAOLE
QB DETMER
DC MCGHEE
DL WILLIAMS
LB CABRAL
DB GIBBS

Micheal westbrook. Throw an INT get your *** kicked. Drop a pass, get your *** kicked. Miss a tackle or get burned deep, that's right,get your *** kicked.

Hell, let's just have an all former buffs coaching staff

HC EB
OC EMBREE
RB HAGAN
WR WESTBROOK
TE LOGAN
OL NAOLE
QB DETMER
DC MCGHEE
DL WILLIAMS
LB CABRAL
DB GIBBS

:lol: hey I like it!

FWIW, I don't know why everyone is hopped up on hiring someone with CU ties as the head coach. All it does is limit your options--seems short-sighted to me.

Flash Forward 4 years:
Sumlin can't coach worth ****. Hawkins doesn't seem so bad now. Fire Sumlin!
If that is your attitude, and you care about winning, then you are wasting your time supporting Buff football.

WHo knows, dumb and ignorant, arrogant post

Okay... :rolleyes:. I think everyone dumping one Hawk is dumb. *news flash* we don't have the resources of a Texas, Oklahoma or Nebraska and I don't think we are that appealing of a job right now. Look at what Missouri and Kansas have done--their coaching staffs have been intact for over 7 years and they have gradually produced results. I think it'll take at least 5 years under Hawk before we start seeing the cultural changes affect what we see on the field. Wanting to fire Hawk and then hire another non-BCS coach based on potential will more likely than not put us is in the same boat we're in now four years down the road.

Okay... :rolleyes:. I think everyone dumping one Hawk is dumb. *news flash* we don't have the resources of a Texas, Oklahoma or Nebraska and I don't think we are that appealing of a job right now. Look at what Missouri and Kansas have done--their coaching staffs have been intact for over 7 years and they have gradually produced results. I think it'll take at least 5 years under Hawk before we start seeing the cultural changes affect what we see on the field. Wanting to fire Hawk and then hire another non-BCS coach based on potential will more likely than not put us is in the same boat we're in now four years down the road.

:rolleyes:Why don't you man up and pay a membership fee so you can see who neg repped you instead of foolishly accusing someone of doing something they didn't.:rolleyes:

I hate the Missouri/Kansas comparison. Neither school has a Big XII Championship under their current coaches and Kansas doesn't even have a division championship.

*news flash*

Toledo hired the Oklahoma State defensive coordinator
New Mexico St hired the UCLA defensive coordinator
Wyoming hired the Missouri offensive coordinator

Programs with no history and no tradition are going out and attracting BCS level coaches to their schools. We are still a program that has a national championship within 20 years, a heisman winner within 20 years and a BCS conference championship within 8 years. There is no reason we should sell ourselves short and accept the current situation.

Kevin Sumlin may not be the best option, but he is a young coach making his mark on a program. And the difference between him and Hawkins is that he has BCS coaching experience. He's been a part of a BCS program and knows how it works. Regardless, Sumlin is not my #1 choice because I believe we need a coordinator from a BCS school.

Coach Hawk has had 4 years to bring in his players and build his "culture." What is going to happen in the next year that hasn't happened in the last 4? I'm sure games @Cal, @Oklahoma, @Kansas, @Nebraska, @Missouri and Georgia will show the losing culture he has established. This guy just isn't getting done in Boulder and excuses like these are the reason he's still around.

Donors are committing money to Bohn for the buyout. And the total amount will only grow with every loss. What are the donors not seeing that you are?

Last edited:
:rolleyes:Why don't you man up and pay a membership fee so you can see who neg repped you instead of foolishly accusing someone of doing something they didn't.:rolleyes:

As much as everyone wants to have a different opinion on what it will take to fix the Buffs, the fact that members are going after each other for their differences is a sad day for me.

Doom and Gloom or Sunshine pumping we all want the same thing, a successful team ON and OFF the field.

Now lets hug it out!

As much as everyone wants to have a different opinion on what it will take to fix the Buffs, the fact that members are going after each other for their differences is a sad day for me.

Doom and Gloom or Sunshine pumping we all want the same thing, a successful team ON and OFF the field.

Now lets hug it out!

I agree, but the guy neg repped me and accused me of neg repping him and not signing my name. He is not even a member, so how the hell could he know who negged repped him? I did neg rep him though, after he neg repped me.:thumbsup:

for someone who I agreed with 100% on his evaluation of the players..... the average just dropped to 50% when you factopr in your coaching perspective.....

EB isnt a head coach yet.... no way....

unless your plan includes revenue increases by all the parking tixs Bieniemy will get..... fing brilliant.....

I would love to see TCU's coach, or an OU, Texas, or Florida assistant come here..... Go with an established program and get someone who has learned from that program.

I agree, but the guy neg repped me and accused me of neg repping him and not signing my name. He is not even a member, so how the hell could he know who negged repped him? I did neg rep him though, after he neg repped me.:thumbsup:

there should be a high school forum for this stuff.... :thumbsup:

It's a strange thing. I kind of remembered you being a funny guy. Memory plays tricks on a person, I guess.... :huh:

:smile2:

getting married and then having kids takes all the humor out of you.... i even had to stop drinking to actually take care of my responsibilities...

so NO... I AM NOT FING FUNNY ANYMORE! :wow:

Back