1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kevin Weiberg - Ex Big 12 Commish (now Pac Ten deputy commish)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by ScottyBuff, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

The connection between Weiberg and the Big 12 is all the more interesting given the current "expansion" mania.

I recently ran across this article that didn't seem to hold as much meaning at the time it was published, but seems prophetic now:

from 6/22/2007

Big 12 Insider: Weiberg's decision curious (to leave the Big 12)

He left the position to become VP of Planning for the Big Ten Network (prior to joining the Big 12 he was associate commish and deputy commish of the Big Ten Conference).

Seems like mission accomplished there!

Now he is the deputy commish of the Pac Ten Conference

Pac-10 hires former Big 12 commissioner Kevin Weiberg as deputy commissioner

I'm not sure if that creates a positive or negative environment for Colorado, Texas, or Texas A&M as potential Pac Ten expansion targets; but certainly he has an insider insight into the "backdoor" dealings of those universities and their presidents. He also would have a greater understanding of what the Big Ten might really be looking at doing in expansion as he was heavily involved in the Penn State expansion; therefore he can position the Pac Ten better than the Big 12 can.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Anybody taking odds that the "backbiting" that drove him out of the Big XII office was coming from UT and maybe a couple other south schools over his desire for equal revenue sharing??

Maybe trying to take a brick or two out of the Big XII might be his way of answering..... :lol:

3. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

Wow... I didn't realize how good he was at this conference-shifting thing.

Now fully knowing his past, I can see why the Pac-10 hired him if they are looking to poach Utah and Colorado. Wow.

This year could be really interesting for the Buffs, as I think the Pac will move quickly to make an announcement.

4. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Just hope that the tweedle dee's and tweedle dum's running the show in Boulder don't **** this up!

5. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Thats what I'm afraid of, however I dont see how the Pac 10 can expand without CU.

After reading around the interwebs BYU fan is freaking out that they will be left behind.:lol:

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Interesting. I was never sure what their position was on the rapture.... :lol:

7. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

byu left below??????

[video]http://mcooki.es/63687[/video]