What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Key Jingling

Do you care for it

• Yea

Votes: 37 37.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • COOKIES!!

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
I doubt they would let you do this in college but propane bottles filled with ball bearings is loud and annoying as ****. Talk about your ****ing ears ringing after the game.

that's funny. I presume there's a story hidden behind this teaser.
Yep getting our ass kicked by Stephenville every year in the playoffs. They were the first I saw do the propane bottle thing, think alot of places do it now. Even seen a few small colleges do it but no big ones that I know of. There were around 20000 fans when we played them and was so loud u couldnt hear in the huddle hardly. Could just imagine how loud Folsom would be. Again tho, I dont even know if thats legal or not? Dont see why not, ****ing cowbells are used at Tech games or they were the last one I went to.

I doubt they would let you do this in college but propane bottles filled with ball bearings is loud and annoying as ****. Talk about your ****ing ears ringing after the game.
You get me the propane bottle with ball bearings I'll find out if it's legal.

Tini do you know how to paint? You have to decorate the ****er too, you cant have to just a white or gray propane bottle.

I have always hated the key jingling...it's so inane and moronic. Students for some reason seem to think that the noise generated by jingling keys is sufficient, so they no longer need to yell. Clapping your hands so much more louder than jiggling keys. And like someone else said, not every ****ing third down is a key play. I hate the damn thing. We need some people to lead the students in cheers - you'd think that's the cheerleaders I guess...but that's not working. In short - keys are dumb - stop it.

I have always hated the key jingling...it's so inane and moronic. Students for some reason seem to think that the noise generated by jingling keys is sufficient, so they no longer need to yell. Clapping your hands so much more louder than jiggling keys. And like someone else said, not every ****ing third down is a key play. I hate the damn thing. We need some people to lead the students in cheers - you'd think that's the cheerleaders I guess...but that's not working. In short - keys are dumb - stop it.

That post was my tipping point. I just voted pro-keys!:thumbsup:

Well, if you're doing it to create noise, yeah, it's pretty stupid.

If I recall correctly, it started during the Mac years. He said that stopping teams on 3rd down was a key to winning, so it kind of grew from that -- a symbolic gesture that we did on 3rd down plays. I really don't have a problem with it, but wouldn't be crushed if it went away.

On September 28th, 1939, Byron White was quoted in the student paper as saying, "I respond really well to the jingling of keys, especially on important 3rd down situations."

Even in the courtroom, he kept his own key ring handy and would jingle them ever-so-quietly during tense moments.

In the minutes before he passed, his nurse overheard him say, "By golly, I loved my time at The University of Colorado. Of all my achievements I'm proudest of starting the key play tradition."

I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna keep jingling those keys on important downs.

I'm bringin' this f*cker filled with some big ass rocks from my neighbor's yard! Yeehaw!!!!

16602326_1e530b21cb.jpg

'Tini. When I stare at your avatar, and imagine myself cupping my hands underneath her breasts, at the base of her bra and then think about using my hands to jiggle her breasts, I can actually see them move in your avatar. For real. It's weird.

You don't know how much I wish I was you.

Clapping is louder. Scream your face off and make as much noise with your arms, legs, whatever. Keys make no productive noise. It is stupid. I'm going to start stealing keys from people who do this stupid ****.

**** you, its not supposed to be really for noise, it's because it is a "key" play. It's just tradition that these younger folks don't get.

On September 28th, 1939, Byron White was quoted in the student paper as saying, "I respond really well to the jingling of keys, especially on important 3rd down situations."

Even in the courtroom, he kept his own key ring handy and would jingle them ever-so-quietly during tense moments.

In the minutes before he passed, his nurse overheard him say, "By golly, I loved my time at The University of Colorado. Of all my achievements I'm proudest of starting the key play tradition."

I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna keep jingling those keys on important downs.

You probably shouldn't jingle any keys this season though...jus' sayin'.

Back