What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

keys to a big win on sunday...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
imho, there is a pretty simple recipe for success. hell, it works nearly every year against the sheep. but, for whatever reason, we often slide off the plan after it is working.

the method is simple: on offense, pound the mofo ball right at them. they will wear down and then they will break. CU's o-line is physically superior and deeper, by far. pound the ball. i know they will want to work on the pass game so that future opponents, when scouting, will have more to worry about. fine. i get that. but, first break them down by old-fashioned 3.4 yards and a cloud of dust, between the tackles, offense. once they are broken and stacking the box, then get more cutesy and start throwing it over the top and such.

on defense, bring the heat, control the middle, stop the run. they've got decent wideouts, and, despite the sandbagging by fairchild, i suspect they have a serviceable qb. but, the qb isn't experienced and can be rattled. and, you can't let these guys run on us at all. so, trust that our b12 caliber dbs can play straight up against their mwc receivers and let the other guys bring the heat.

that's it. nothing fancy. nothing too cute. rely on superior ****ing athleticism. this will deliver a nice 21-28 point win and will set the tone for the year. they can show more against toledo 5 days later if they need to (expecting a bit of a let-down on the short week).

GO BUFFS!

imho, there is a pretty simple recipe for success. hell, it works nearly every year against the sheep. but, for whatever reason, we often slide off the plan after it is working.

the method is simple: on offense, pound the mofo ball right at them. they will wear down and then they will break. CU's o-line is physically superior and deeper, by far. pound the ball. i know they will want to work on the pass game so that future opponents, when scouting, will have more to worry about. fine. i get that. but, first break them down by old-fashioned 3.4 yards and a cloud of dust, between the tackles, offense. once they are broken and stacking the box, then get more cutesy and start throwing it over the top and such.

on defense, bring the heat, control the middle, stop the run. they've got decent wideouts, and, despite the sandbagging by fairchild, i suspect they have a serviceable qb. but, the qb isn't experienced and can be rattled. and, you can't let these guys run on us at all. so, trust that our b12 caliber dbs can play straight up against their mwc receivers and let the other guys bring the heat.

that's it. nothing fancy. nothing too cute. rely on superior ****ing athleticism. this will deliver a nice 21-28 point win and will set the tone for the year. they can show more against toledo 5 days later if they need to (expecting a bit of a let-down on the short week).

GO BUFFS!
yes. in this, we agree.

:stupid: Couldnt agree more. Go out there, establish that the ****ing goat-hearding pussies are going to get it "rammed" (pun lame, but, intended) down their ****ing throats and there is not a thing they can do about it. Establish who the man is and who the boy is early. Then do whatever reverse to Cody Hawkins, end around to the suddenly un-reitired Jameson Davis **** they want to do. First, break their will.

I ****ING LOVE FOOTBALL! So ****ing pumped... gotta pace myself, its just thursday :lol:

Agree with everything you are saying except the last part about "expecting a bit of a let-down on the short week". If you have ever played football or basketball and probably many other sports, in the beginning of the season all you want to do is play, there is always wayyy too much time between games. The next game can never come quick enough. As the season wears on, you clearly need more time to recoup and therefore more time between games is good. I think whining about a "short week" is a coaches crutch and something the media blows out of proportion. I think...I mean I know Toledo is going to get Buff-smacked on Friday night in front of the nation. GO BUFFS!

I ****ING LOVE FOOTBALL! So ****ing pumped... gotta pace myself, its just thursday :lol:

I couldn't agree more! This is the greatest season in all of sports.

I am going to the LSU / Washington game here in my newly minted hometown of Seattle on Saturday then the Buffs Sunday on TV, what a weekend! COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

were you in hibernation the last 4 years?

Damn, has it been that long? Pretty much the last two fer shur! Getting too old to be surfing the net lately. Went through a divorce, and spending alot of time with my 15/12 year old kids~

I check in every now an then and still pay my respect/dues. Good to see you arer still around PB.

CU must contain Stucker. He does have mobility and don't want to see him scramble for first downs.

Back