What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kicker

We thought Oliver could be an elite kicker. I still think he can be pretty damn good.

I'm with sacky on this one. I tend to think you don't turn down the consensus number one player at any position, regardless of scholarship numbers - especially if a lot of people think he's not just the best this year, but probably the best over the last/next several years.

Nebraska just gave a full ride to a long snapper on Sunday. Instead of teaching a guy to do it, they found a guy who already had the skillset, and pulled the trigger.

I don't see why more kids don't try to learn long snapping if they want to play at the next level.

Speaking of which, anyone know of any good local long snapping camps?

I don't see why more kids don't try to learn long snapping if they want to play at the next level.

There's a pretty intensive overnight camp that works on a lot of the fundamentals like getting your stance just right (proper leg spread, back arch and rear-end elevation). They also do a lot of work with the QB-under-center direct snap.

http://www.campsandusky.com/

I say we don't offer the kid just so Gasm can't come around saying the ewes lost because our kicker was better.

My HS football coach ALWAYS encouraged all linemen to learn how to long snap because it made the path to college FB (and NFL) a lot easier. 4 years after I left, a senior lineman who was pretty good (but not great) as an OL got a scholly to KState and now is the long snapper for the Dallas Cowboys.

My HS football coach ALWAYS encouraged all linemen to learn how to long snap because it made the path to college FB (and NFL) a lot easier. 4 years after I left, a senior lineman who was pretty good (but not great) as an OL got a scholly to KState and now is the long snapper for the Dallas Cowboys.

Did you go to Ponderosa by chance?

Played against Carlson in soccer last two years. Really good athlete, hell of a leg. He scored a rocket of a goal from 25 yards out to knock us out of the playoffs.

Verbal to Auburn per multiple sources.

Glad that he got a scholly, lots of good kickers don't. Even gladder to see him go outside of the PAC. We don't have room in this class for a kicker, especially with the number we already have on scholly but I would hate to see us lose on a kick by a kid from Colorado.

Unless he is Mason Crosby II I'm okay with not going after him but he looks like a good kid who by both talent and work has earned a shot at the college level someplace good.

We have way to many kickers on scholarship. I want to say 3 of 4 misses by Oliver were blocked kicks. Embree said 2 were kicked to low and a third was the line being overrun?

This is pretty impressive for a true freshman. I don't understand all the negativity.

One of the blocks was devastating, though. Against Stanford, we had a chance to go up 3-0, but the kick was blocked and returned for a touchdown. ouch.

One of the blocks was devastating, though. Against Stanford, we had a chance to go up 3-0, but the kick was blocked and returned for a touchdown. ouch.

That one was a killer. Wasn't that right after we got a fumble recovery on the opening KO return? We had a chance to build some early momentum and gain some confidence. That 10 point swing was a serious kick to the grapes.

We've got a good kicker. I'll worry about this subject again in 3 years. Oliver had one low kick that got blocked. The others were bad blocking.

Many more pressing issues that this one.

Carlson looks like a good player but we absolutely do not have room for another kicker. Our precious scholarships must be saved for Bill McCartney's grandkids, 240 pound offensive lineman, and walk-on transfer fullbacks from CSU.

Carlson looks like a good player but we absolutely do not have room for another kicker. Our precious scholarships must be saved for Bill McCartney's grandkids, 240 pound offensive lineman, and walk-on transfer fullbacks from CSU.

The fact that Oliver was above average last year and is only sophomore, along with the fact that we have other kickers on scholarship as well as two punters we don't need another kicker.

The rest of your rant was just stupid. Walk-on transfer does not equal scholarship. Will Pericak was listed at 6'4 240 out of high school and is expected to be one of our best players on D line this year. McCartney was a gray shirt and is listed at 6'4". If he can hit the weights/training table he can easily get to 240 as a true freshman.

35mqkwn.jpg

I don't care that dude is very trollish at times, he is funny as ****. I know teets agrees.

Back