What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kickoff luncheon

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Anybody else wanna go? FC was supposed to set up a table, but he's too busy buying up all the natty lite to keep his continental sized cranium dry.

when is it? i haven't got my mailer yet...

:confused:

put out the info and we will get a signup sheet going...

I think the resruiting one was fun with months to go till playing time; this will be awesome with the game the next day. I should get my father in law to come up early enogh to go with me. When and where and how much?

i think you should be skeptical about accepting a ride from fc again, sacky, given his poor taste in music. :lol:

i think you should be skeptical about accepting a ride from fc again, sacky, given his poor taste in music. :lol:

Oh, no no no. He will most certainly NOT be driving this time. That much is certain.

The kickoff luncheon is typically the THURSDAY before the game. It's held at the Balch Fieldhouse. That gives us one week.

In that case I have to work both Thursday morning and Friday morning, so I will not be able to make it up.:sad1:

Oh, no no no. He will most certainly NOT be driving this time. That much is certain.

The kickoff luncheon is typically the THURSDAY before the game. It's held at the Balch Fieldhouse. That gives us one week.

i can't make it on that date and time either. I have a client meeting that i need to attend.

:sad2:

Most of us don't have the luxury of 'banker's hours'.

The concept of "bankers hours" is a pipe dream. I'm in before 8 every morning and I usually don't get out of here until 5:30 or 6:00. I also have to work at least one Saturday a month. I do have the ability to go to stuff like the kickoff luncheon because I'll see a lot of clients there. That's a definite perk of the job, I suppose.

The concept of "bankers hours" is a pipe dream. I'm in before 8 every morning and I usually don't get out of here until 5:30 or 6:00. I also have to work at least one Saturday a month. I do have the ability to go to stuff like the kickoff luncheon because I'll see a lot of clients there. That's a definite perk of the job, I suppose.

:wow: Typical banker. Always able to justify doing what they want.

Sacky. You get picked on by me only because my brother in law was a banker before he became a bank examiner and I loved to give him fits about how careless bankers are about money. He probably examined yours at one time or another.

That and the tremendous wad of cash you typically carry around.

My dad was (is, to a degree) in banking, and I'll agree with you 100% on that one. Lots of people don't get it, though. I guess not too long after my parents married, my mom had some relatives come visit. After they watched my dad leave for the bank every morning by 7 and not come home until after 6 every evening, they sat my mother down and told her "you better watch what that guy is doing. He doesn't have to go to work until 10 and is off at 3. All that time before and after that he is gone - he must have another woman." Mom tried to explain that there was more to be done when the bank wasn't open, but apparently they left convinced she had married a cheater. Probably never did change their minds.. :lol:

That and the tremendous wad of cash you typically carry around.

I know you're joking, but this is another popular misconception about bankers. I rarely carry any cash. As a matter of fact, at this moment, I have all of $.60 on my person.

Of course, if I need cash, I can get it pretty quickly. :thumbsup:

I used to never carry cash but have found that I can budget my spending far more effectively if I use cash for discretionary purchases.

So I thought the kickoff was also on Friday in Denver or DTC. Can't find a link with the date and time. I know I can go if it is Friday; are we sure it is Thursday?

Talked to a neighbor that goes to all the CU games and luncheons, ect. and he says the Kickoff Luncheon is downtown on Friday. I can make that; is that true? Anyone have a link to the info on it?

Back