1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiesau

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Aug 18, 2010.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

What do you guys think of him? I honestly know only as much as I read. I've never seen him in action. However, that being said, I think he had an almost impossible task last year. He was thrust into the OC position after spring camp. He could not work with the guys directly until 4 weeks before the season. Impossible, IMO. Now that he has had an entire season and off season to prepare, do you expect his results will be greatly improved, or not? Also, he has a much more experienced squad and more talent to work with.

2. navybuff

navybuff Member

Kiesau could be a good coach but who really knows? He is praised for his recruiting but WR was his area and it is one of our weakest. He's an "affirmative action" OC. He was given it he didn't really earn it. Its not the squad experience that counts its Kiesau's, is he just learning on the job?

Dave Logan has more experience than Kiesau and people are not jumping on that bandwagon.

3. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

i expect him to be great improved, yes. i don't see him panicking and abandoning the game plan after one quarter this year.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I think that most people, when given time to reflect, can greatly improve their performance.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Smart guy.
    Friendly guy.
    Charismatic guy.
    Hard-working guy.
    Hell of a recruiter.
    Players still like him after recruiting is over (so we know he's sincere).

Jury is still out on his readiness to be an Offensive Coordinator at this level.

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

That.

Kiesau was over his head last year, but improved dramatically over the course of the season. I think he'll be lights out, as will our entire offense come Sept 4 and beyond.

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think he'll be okay. I would settle for a mid-pack Big 12 offense. We're still going to struggle at times, the key is for us not to revert back to undisciplined football and prolong those stretches. I will be interested to see how he gets the skill position players involved in different ways. The direct snaps to RBs and the like have been mediocre to bad.

8. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Fixed.

9. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I think he's got potential. If Hawk can stay out of his way Kiasau may really pop this season. We will see.