What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kiffin moves up to #1

At this point whoever they would hire to replace him would probably be a big name guy and their recruiting isn't going to suffer without something huge happening to them.

If he sticks around they will continue to be in confusion and battling each other meaning that despite their talent they will be more beatable than they otherwise would be. A new coach has at least the chance of getting things back together again.

Kiffin is also a cheater at heart. Give him long enough and he might just do enough to get USC sanctioned again which could chase away some recruits. Lets hope he gets at least a couple more years but I don't hold out much hope for that. I think the $C faithful (and money people) are almost out of patience.

we need ucla to fall into a hole, usc to monumentally suck, oregon to get the death penalty, stanford to return to its historical norm, and everyone else to be mediocre, except for CU.

that might jumpstart this turnaround effort.

I guess what I should have said is that SC will never get sanctioned the way most any other school would be. For UT, SC, Mich, OU, Bama and others, apparently including Miami, a different set of rules apply. As I understand it SC was having it's top players like Reggie Bush paid. If anybody but a big boy did what they did, the NCAA would bury them. For SC, they get some schollie reductions and a bar from bowl games for a couple of years. The tOSU and SC's of the world have very little to fear from the NCAA...they can pretty much do what they want.

Lefty, USC got punished because an agent bought Reggie Bush's parents a house and the NCAA argued an assistant coach should have known about it.

Those scollie reductions are hurting them big time.

Lefty, USC got punished because an agent bought Reggie Bush's parents a house and the NCAA argued an assistant coach should have known about it.

Those scollie reductions are hurting them big time.

Something with that which I didn't fully appreciate was that the incredible level of talent they have been signing is amplifying this problem. Guys are leaving early for the NFL and USC can still only sign 15. Their front-line roster is as good as anyone's, but the depth is scary.

Something with that which I didn't fully appreciate was that the incredible level of talent they have been signing is amplifying this problem. Guys are leaving early for the NFL and USC can still only sign 15. Their front-line roster is as good as anyone's, but the depth is scary.
He's definitely got the talent, even now with the restrictions, but depth, backups, and enough quality players to have full scale physical practices is becomming an issue. He can't afford to lose players that get injured because of tackling during practices. If he sticks around the program will self distruct, but I hope that doesn't happen quickly. If we can get 2 or 3 game changers, or a good quarterback from the LA area, we can build a team around them.

A good coach would win at USC with what they have. Maybe not a MNC, but they'd win the south.

Kiffen is a disaster, and I hope they win enough this year to extend him a new year or two.

But even then, we are not effected at this point in time. Coach Mac has to rebuild this thru solid recruiting (but not going to take USC guys), and player/team development. USC's success or not won't have much to do with our success for a few years.

Back