1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiffin moves up to #1

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 77buff, Mar 28, 2013.

1. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

At this point whoever they would hire to replace him would probably be a big name guy and their recruiting isn't going to suffer without something huge happening to them.

If he sticks around they will continue to be in confusion and battling each other meaning that despite their talent they will be more beatable than they otherwise would be. A new coach has at least the chance of getting things back together again.

Kiffin is also a cheater at heart. Give him long enough and he might just do enough to get USC sanctioned again which could chase away some recruits. Lets hope he gets at least a couple more years but I don't hold out much hope for that. I think the $C faithful (and money people) are almost out of patience.

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I seriously doubt SC ever gets seriously sanctioned.

4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

???

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I hope that Kiffin is at USC for the next decade.

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

we need ucla to fall into a hole, usc to monumentally suck, oregon to get the death penalty, stanford to return to its historical norm, and everyone else to be mediocre, except for CU.

that might jumpstart this turnaround effort.

7. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I guess what I should have said is that SC will never get sanctioned the way most any other school would be. For UT, SC, Mich, OU, Bama and others, apparently including Miami, a different set of rules apply. As I understand it SC was having it's top players like Reggie Bush paid. If anybody but a big boy did what they did, the NCAA would bury them. For SC, they get some schollie reductions and a bar from bowl games for a couple of years. The tOSU and SC's of the world have very little to fear from the NCAA...they can pretty much do what they want.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Lefty, USC got punished because an agent bought Reggie Bush's parents a house and the NCAA argued an assistant coach should have known about it.

Those scollie reductions are hurting them big time.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Something with that which I didn't fully appreciate was that the incredible level of talent they have been signing is amplifying this problem. Guys are leaving early for the NFL and USC can still only sign 15. Their front-line roster is as good as anyone's, but the depth is scary.

10. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

He's definitely got the talent, even now with the restrictions, but depth, backups, and enough quality players to have full scale physical practices is becomming an issue. He can't afford to lose players that get injured because of tackling during practices. If he sticks around the program will self distruct, but I hope that doesn't happen quickly. If we can get 2 or 3 game changers, or a good quarterback from the LA area, we can build a team around them.

11. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

A good coach would win at USC with what they have. Maybe not a MNC, but they'd win the south.

Kiffen is a disaster, and I hope they win enough this year to extend him a new year or two.

But even then, we are not effected at this point in time. Coach Mac has to rebuild this thru solid recruiting (but not going to take USC guys), and player/team development. USC's success or not won't have much to do with our success for a few years.

12. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

It will be interesting to see what Pat Haden does.