1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kirk Poston

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

On a day when I'm mostly frustrated and pissed off, I do want to step back and recognize.

Poston came to play. I've been surprised with how well he's done all year, and the guy keeps improving.

As someone that most of us had written off and were thinking may have been a waste of a scholarship (I'm guilty here), Poston has definitely had the light go on.

Stat line for today's game: 6 tackles, 3 for a loss including 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble.

Serious props to Poston for becoming a solid starter who is starting to gain consistency and also make some big plays.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

he's a player. good to see a guy develop under our new staff. I'm liking the position coaches on defense more and more.

3. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Gee. My mention of Poston's impact resulted in accusations of drunkenness. I hope you have better luck.

4. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Snow is always drunk and nik can ban me, so you are the whipping boy tonight.

Sorry man.

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Agree.

I had written him off as another one of Hawks late recruits who had FCS talent. He has stepped it up bigtime this year and looks to be getting better every game.

As bad as we are there are a lot of guys playing who realistically have significant growth in their games likely in the next year or two. We should be a much better team as this group matures.

6. Buffnik

Tui is easily our coach of the year so far on this staff. I never thought I'd feel this way in 2012, but the DL is the unit I have the most confidence in on our defense.

7. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Appreciated, and no worries.

8. Darth Snow

Yup. I'm seeing improvement in our young secondary and LB's as well. They were on the field way way WAY too much today.

Sadly, our LB play, including Major, seems to be pretty inconsistent. Some of it is youth, but with Major I don't understand. He seems to have regressed physically.

Hey asshole; i just woke up from a nap and am sober. Also, go into the recruiting forum and I CAN ban you :lol:.

9. MtnBuff

I'm seeing a lot of moves by our DL that look like the stuff that Kanavis used in his career. Need to give him some credit as well.

10. MtnBuff

Don't know how much is physical and how much is mental but Major is not close to the same player after the knee injury. He doesn't have the quickness or the explosion he had before.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Eh, the LBs are really underperforming right now. So are the safeties. There are gaping holes in between the hash marks.

12. Darth Snow

Terrel Smith is officially not a safety anymore. When we play him like one... yeesh.

13. Duff Man

Bell plays safety... in a "I sure hope I don't have to make contact with anyone" kind of way.

14. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

That explains why he was consistently playing almost 20 yards deep, even on runs.

15. Darth Snow

Are you saying he plays safety like a cover corner? :lol: I can see why he was good against WSU, but I don't think I've seen him in on a tackle in run support. I hope he gets it together athelticism wise so he can go back to corner soon.

Moseley showed progress today. He's gonna be a good one. Did Hall play? Would like to see more of him out there. And I think we will. The youth movement is now the only purpose of the season.

16. Buffnik

We might have moved the wrong guy to safety. Moten lit that dude up on the punt coverage today (awful call to give him a personal foul on that).

17. Darth Snow

Plays like that get you on the field. Awesome hit.

18. MtnBuff

As an ex-QB Moten is also more likely to have a handle on the mental challenges of playing safety and be more comfortable with the contact. Makes sense.

For those who were critical of Polk, you can see what happens without him back there.

19. Darth Snow

firmly convinced we would be a very ****** 3 and 3 if Polk hadn't gotten hurt.

20. Duff Man

Could be. Just do not think Bell has the mentality to play safety longterm. I have seen at least 4-5 instances over the last two games where a lack of aggressiveness on his part has had negative consequences.

21. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I think the DL has had their moments. The same cannot be said for the rest of the team. I'll leave it at that.

22. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

I haven been allowed in the recruiting forum for months! No wonder.