1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kiszla FTMFW!!!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Loved his article: Embree mixes humility with pride.

The best line from Kiszla...

"That was not a knock on Dan Hawkins, who at times seemed so far out in deep space that even Stephen Hawking couldn't explain where the former CU coach was coming from."

My favorite quote from Embree...

"I think we've kept our success and a tradition a secret. I don't think we talk about it enough. How many schools have a Heisman Trophy winner and a national title?" Embree said. "We should thump our chests about what this university has accomplished, from Rhodes Scholars to the engineering program and the business school.

"CU is a heck of a place. We need to let people across the country know about us, and we need to be proud of what we've accomplished at this school. You know, back when I was a coach at UCLA, they had the fifth or sixth 10-win season in the history of the football program. Well, in my 11 years at Colorado (as an assistant coach), we did that four times. So what's the big deal? But people don't know that. It's time we change the reality out there in the public, so it changes the public's perception. Our reality is way better than the perception of this place."

Shout it, Embo!

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I read that article. Embo is a good quote. I would give Kiszla some credit if his overarching body of work weren't so...how you say, full of douchebaggery.

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I actually dont mind Kizla. I hate Henderson

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't think jizla will be nearly as much of a douchebag now that we don't have Missouri in the same conference. Although he was the retard who stated CU would be better off in the MWC. That alone is sufficient to put him squarely in the lead for the Moron-for-life competition amongst the DP writers.

The guy who has been strangely un-douchetastic lately is Krieger. I'm sure he's getting ready to pen something about CU any day now.

5. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

While the Pac-12 wants to force CU in a prearranged rivalry with Utah, Embree figures USC is the standard by which the Buffs will be ultimately measured.

Hell yea

6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

That is one heck of a race....so many seasoned competitors in that category.

7. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

First we have to beat them. They are the only school CU has NEVER beaten in a series more than 4 games.

8. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

I am aware but the road to the Conference Championship will go through USC so that bitch needs to be circled every year if Embree wants to play for championships. I dont know which is worse the 0-5 record or the fact we only scored 24 points total in those 5 games.

9. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

We haven't had good luck in catching them when they're down except in 2000

1927: 8-1, no bowl
    1963: 7-3, Won Rose Bowl
    1964: 7-3, no bowl
    2000: 5-7, no bowl
    2002: 11-2, Won Orange Bowl

But beating them this year is a must.

10. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Didnt like 14 points come in one damn game? I think it's when Houston had a nice game against them as a freshman if memory serves.

11. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

yeah, that game was like 14-16 or 14-19 or something. they were ranked, but didn't finish the season that way IIRC. may have been the last Hackett year or first Carroll. 00, maybe.

12. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yeah in 2000 when we lost 17-14. The other 10 points came in 1927 (7) and 2002 (3).

And Mick, it was Hackett's last year.

13. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Freaking 02 game was embarrassing. Not many games were worse in my memory, unless we count the last 5 years which Ive been trying to think of as a bad dream. Big 12 title against Texas was pretty ****ing bad too.

14. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

that game was a first class ass-kicking. they could have named the score. they convert a 4th and 17 or something on their first or second possession. Okruch blitzes a corner and Palmer pump fakes down field, then lobs it easily over our blitzing corner....and the RB takes it 3-5-40 yards for the TD. terrible D. Criminy, they WENT for it on 4th and more than 10 at least I know.

to be fair, at the end of the year....that USC team was IMO every bit as good as MIami and tOSU...they utterly destroyed Brad Banks and a good Iowa team in the ORange Bowl.

15. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

2002 was just the worst. We finished the game with 61 total yards on offense, with 4 first downs.

16. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Did he at least use the right font? I mean, that's Twilight Zone/Outer Limits stuff, or maybe Smothers Brothers.

17. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Found this interesting fact while looking up the CU-USC series:

http://usc.ocregister.com/2011/07/21/2011-usc-opponent-preview-colorado/71355/

18. AeroBuff99

AeroBuff99 Club Member Club Member

While I agree the game sucked, being that it was in my poor first few years out of school my tickets were in the North end zone, thus I ended up sitting near some of SC's finest fans. No matter how bad we played, I at least had some nice bleach blonde hair and DD's to look at. Barbie doll bombshells.

19. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

That was pretty damn good USC defense that year .... including Troy Polamalu IIRC.

Not that that justified our atrocious offensive performance.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  20. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

21. sackman

Shush!

I like the idea that USC thinks it's heading into an ice-bowl. We don't need them thinking any differently. Take every advantage - perceived or otherwise.

I think it's hilarious that people from other States believe that Colorado is the arctic tundra.

22. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

It's also important to let them know that we have the second highest incidence of lightening strikes in the US, so they should probably keep all players over 5'2 on the bus for safety.

23. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It might actually be kind of cold. That's a night game. Once the sun goes down, it could very well be in the 40s.

24. sackman

Yeah, it's a night game in Early November. We could have a foot of snow on the ground, too.

25. nepbug

nepbug Active Member

That was the game that we started yelling "Mariscal for Heisman!"; that guy had some booming punts that game and USC never got it through their head, they were always having to run backwards to field them.

IIRC Mark Mariscal was the player of the game then too. Says a lot when your punter is given those honors.

Looking back on it, Mark Mariscal set the NCAA record for most 50+ yard punts in a game, with 7 of his 8 going for more than fifty.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  26. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Right-o. November 4th is ominous in the lores of Boulder weather. It will be uncomfortable for any SC fans who are foolhardy enough to brave Folsom's extreme nighttime weather. Brrrr.

There was that one time on November 4th, 1953 when a record 3.5 inches of snow fell. It was a life or death situation.

Then in 1967 an other record was set on the same date. the high that day got to a subfreezing 27 and the low was a miserable 14 degrees. Some good potted plants died that day.

Those SC fans must plan on bringing their heavy coats, snow boots, gloves and mitten warmers to the game. Better yet, they'd be wise to stay away entirely. It's the only sure way to avoid hypothermia and hypoxia and frostbite and cardiopulmonary distress.