What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kiszla: Throw Hawkins to the Bohn Fire..

JimmyBuff

The love is gone. There is nothing left for Dan Hawkins to do except say goodbye, and nowhere for him to go except out the door.

A good man has failed as football coach of the Buffaloes.

The only logical choice Colorado athletic director Mike Bohn has now?

Fire Hawkins.

A heartbreaking 31-28 loss to 12th- ranked Oklahoma State on Thursday night defined the woulda-shoulda- coulda nature of the Hawkins era at CU, where his record is a totally unacceptable 16-32.

What good would it do to give Hawkins another year to make it right? That's generosity Bohn quite frankly cannot afford, because too many paying customers have been left frustrated by Hawk love.

Wow, wow, wow.. Great article Mark.. I could have quoted the whole damn thing it was so good..

So true, Talkins is nothing but a tease.. Does it every damn week..

more goodies..
There is no reason to drag out the agony and what little mystery remains regarding the future of Hawkins. A hefty check for a buyout will have to be paid. Cut it.

Why wait?

As soon as possible, Bohn should announce that Hawkins' final game on the CU sideline will be the home date against Nebraska on the day after Thanksgiving.

Delaying the process of finding a replacement for Hawkins would be wasted time debating what went wrong. The sooner a new coach is on board, the more opportunity there will be to salvage a recruiting class for a Colorado program that is obviously lacking in defensive speed and offensive playmakers.

Couldn't agree more. its time to move on Bohn..

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13830292

Last edited:
It's really a litmus test for Bohn and the CU administration.

If they care about winning, Hawkins is gone tomorrow. (5-15)

It's really a litmus test for Bohn and the CU administration.

If they care about winning, Hawkins is gone tomorrow. (5-15)

:yeahthat:

Mark said it so well that I'm just going to quote him on why we can't bring him back:

Against an uptight, out-of-sync Oklahoma State team that had to resort to playing its third-string quarterback, the Buffaloes blew an 11-point lead in the second half and ran their losing streak to an unlucky 13 in games played outside Colorado.

The gutty but ultimately unsatisfying performance against the Cowboys perfectly illustrated the big tease of Hawk love.

Here is a coach whose well-documented history of foolhardy gambles on fourth down, repeated failures to sign a big-time quarterback and dumb penalties at the most inopportune moments proved Hawkins was just good enough to get CU beat.

Talkins is the king of the big tease.

Last edited:
Normally I hate Kiszla and wipe my a** with the columns he writes - but he's spot on here. Maybe he's been trolling allbuffs to do research? :cool:

Well, finally read the article in its entirety, and I'm back to wiping my a** with Kiszla's drivel.
Had a good column going until he gets in his usual bashes on what a *****y environment Boulder is and what a crappy place CU is.

**** YOU Kisz-my a**-la!

Normally I hate Kiszla and wipe my a** with the columns he writes - but he's spot on here. Maybe he's been trolling allbuffs to do research? :cool:
I'm with you buddy, I can't stand the little $h!t. One of my favorite sound bites was from a national signing day press conference when "Slick" was the head coach. Love him or hate him, Neuheisel could recruit against the best. GB won the Big 12 with Slick's players. Kiszla asked Slick about the height of one of his recruit's, and Neuheisel responded "he's big enough to eat soup off your head Mark." Right on Slickster!
slick_rick_ucla.jpg

I agree with some of the article in regards to hawk and the need for him to be gone but kiszla is a scumbag and was the first to bash cu everyday over the "scandal" so, he can go to hell and go stick his nose up dove valley's ass

Back