What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Klatt ripping coaching staff yet again

Eh. gotta fill airtime. Wish he would spend that airtime criticizing CSU, its not like he can get any mileage talking about that dead horse now that their season is over. Plus, I'm sure he is jealous of TH for 1) having a talent like Prich to throw to and 2) setting records.

He did. He ripped CSU's fans and said how CSU was whining and crying about wanting the game at Crapvescauthority but when the chips are down they only sell 16k tickets. He also said that if they want this to be the big game they all want it to be, they need to show up.

I used to defend Klatt but he's become trent dilfer without the ring. I must have missed joel klatt leading his team to a big 12 championship. The North was awful during his tenure, he should be thankful.

Here's a few quick things I looked up about his tenure (2003-2005):

--12-12 B12 North record, and the North, as stated, sucked. Overall record of CU during that time: 20-18
--2-11 against ranked teams. 1st win over a ranked team was CSU in 2003, CSU ranked #23 (if I looked it up correctly, D2 Danny was 3-15 against ranked teams)
--In 2004 against the Lambs in Boulder, he was a staggering 13-25, 117 yds, 0 TD, 1 Int

Not exactly a stunning resume...

Last edited:
I loved that he was an outspoken defender of the program, but it's part and parcel of him being delusional about what they were. It continues to cloud his thinking to this day. Anyone not-Barney isn't ever going to be good enough for him as a coach. Any quarterback not-Klatt is never going to be the representative of the program that he was. Worse, part of this whole act is that there's a genuine disregard and disrespect for the university administrators and the fans.

Joel Klatt was at least part of winning teams during his time. Can't say that for Little Hawk and Hansen. He wasn't Kordell or Koy but they were at least somewhat successful with limited talent.

and the administration is a joke for keeping hawk around for another year. It dug us into a deeper hole than we needed to be (all you have to do is look at CO recruiting this year). The administration deserves all the hits coming their way for how they acted during their time in the Big 12.

I watched the game replay and Klatt was criticizing Hansen's footwork because he supposedly "tripped" Speedy with "sloppy footwork" even when the replay clearly showed Speedy tripped over his own feet

You didn't watch the replay close enough. Hansen tripped him.
From what I saw, Speedy tripped over his own feet. He has a tendency to do that.

I don't get his agenda. He definitely has one. I'm thinking his ambition is to get picked up by one of the big boys. It's going to bite him in the butt, if that's his deal. Too bad because he is talented.

As for Al: He does no favors for CU either. All NFL all the time.

Here's a few quick things I looked up about his tenure (2003-2005):

--12-12 B12 North record, and the North, as stated, sucked. Overall record of CU during that time: 20-18
--2-11 against ranked teams. 1st win over a ranked team was CSU in 2003, CSU ranked #23 (if I looked it up correctly, D2 Danny was 3-15 against ranked teams)
--In 2004 against the Lambs in Boulder, he was a staggering 13-25, 117 yds, 0 TD, 1 Int

Not exactly a stunning resume...

We only played 5 games against the NOrth every year and Klatt was QB for 3 years. Impossible for him to 12-12.

I met klatt a few times before 2006 and he was a really nice and humble guy. He was quick to praise his teammates for his success and was not self aggrandizing in any way. I have listened to him on the radio and he is not the same guy that was a qb at cu a few years ago. I don't know if he is playing a character to get ratings, but he is completely different.

Only if deehan had shaq's arms, it was over thrown.

You should go back and watch it. The ball hit him in the hands. Klatt kept on rambling even though the replay showed the ball hitting Ryan in the hands.

I'll try to find it...

Last edited:
Copy that, my bad.

12-12 vs B12 overall
10-5 vs B12 North, ergo, 2-7 vs. B12 South (2-9 including B12 champ games)

he didn't start the baylor game of 2003 since he was hurt. (came in late to try and save Barnett cause of Okruch's bull**** defense)

The way he described it, I think he's probably right. It's either a lack of coaching, or (more likely, IMO), a lack of concentration on Hansen's part.
Putting it on Scherer, which is what he was doing, is bull ****.

[video=youtube;yv9JLhsi0aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv9JLhsi0aw[/video]

Last edited:
You should go back and watch it. The ball hit him in the hands. Klatt kept on rambling even though the replay showed the ball hitting Ryan in the hands.

I'll try to find it...

I DVR each game. I watched it 30 times and in slow mo. It was overthrown. Not by much but overthrown.

That was the play that got the bounty for the dude who hit him. :rofl:

Klatt has a pretty damn good, self-deprecating sense of humor. Hearing him describe that play had me rolling.

Sure, he's a little over the top, but I like him. Screw all you haters! :lol:

I DVR each game. I watched it 30 times and in slow mo. It was overthrown. Not by much but overthrown.

This. I've watched the game a few times now. Ball was overthrown by just a hair. It just grazes Deehan's fingertips.

This. I've watched the game a few times now. Ball was overthrown by just a hair. It just grazes Deehan's fingertips.

Just a bit out of reach. On a wide open play like that, just put some air under it. The one to clemons down the sideline was way overthrown.

Okay, it's hard to watch because it's my Buffs. BUT...the first sequence where Klatt just gets thrown off screen like a rag doll looks more like a movie than a real football game. I laughed far more than I should have.

I've been heaping praise on Rip & Hansen has looked very good imo. Look @ his passer rating and only 1 int. I think Rip and Hansen have all been lights out.

I like the guy, but he is full of himself and sounds like a fool sometimes.

I think Kirk Herbstreet said it best, Klatt is Herbstreet Jr in the making and has a bright future.

I don't know how you feel about Herbstreet, but......

Klatt will never be happy with the coaching until he is on the coaching staff. That kind of attitude kind of pisses me off.

That said, I listen to him every day, and I think he's a pretty good color guy on broadcasts.

Klatt will never be happy with the coaching until he is on the coaching staff. That kind of attitude kind of pisses me off.

That said, I listen to him every day, and I think he's a pretty good color guy on broadcasts.

I kinda like him on game broadcasts as well, except for last weekend. He was slobberknocking fairhawk as an "offensive genius". Yeah, Joel, he's so much of a genius the lammies scored a whopping 14 points. Klatt did himself no favors last Saturday.

I kinda like him on game broadcasts as well, except for last weekend. He was slobberknocking fairhawk as an "offensive genius". Yeah, Joel, he's so much of a genius the lammies scored a whopping 14 points. Klatt did himself no favors last Saturday.

I honestly think he was stuck between a rock and hard place. If he is, justifiably so, critical of Fairhawk and stinky Pete then he will have a landslide of homer criticism. I figure he just played it safe to not have to deal with the headache.

Back