What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Klatt seems to be enjoying The Rise a lot

Disingenuous front runner, go back to Memorial Stadium and enjoy the greatest fans in the history of the universe.

i really liked JK as a player and he's well above average as a color analyst on broadcasts. i didn't share his opinion about Embree.....but, i was against the JE hire from the beginning. the Rise can't be bad for his career and such....so, that's maybe a bit of it....speaking in reality terms but i have no doubt like all of us....he loves CU.

i don't hold a grudge but i remember some distasteful feelings. shoulder to shoulder, Joel.

Another thing that we have to watch ourselves on is that we don't want to be like Ohio State fans who crucify Herbstreit for doing his job by remaining somewhat objective on broadcasts. Klatt, Fowler and the rest will by necessity say nice things about Nebraska and others from time to time, criticize CU from time to time. They can't be like GB & Johnson are on the local radio broadcast.

I give credit for how well and quickly they publicly supported MacIntyre. Their issue was with Bohn and they were insanely pissed that he was allowed to fire another coach & make another hire.
Exactly. Why do people insist on holding a grudge against Klatt like he was an Embree cheerleader who thought he was doing a good job? Their whole issue was with Bohn and the administration getting the opportunity to hire Hawk, fire Hawk, hire Embree, fire Embree, and hire a 3rd coach. I'm pretty sure Klatt would be the first person to tell anybody that Embree wasn't ever going to get the job done at CU.

Exactly. Why do people insist on holding a grudge against Klatt like he was an Embree cheerleader who thought he was doing a good job? Their whole issue was with Bohn and the administration getting the opportunity to hire Hawk, fire Hawk, hire Embree, fire Embree, and hire a 3rd coach. I'm pretty sure Klatt would be the first person to tell anybody that Embree wasn't ever going to get the job done at CU.
He would still be treating CU as a pariah if they hadn't turned the corner this year. The guy is a self aggrandizing pompous prick.

He would still be treating CU as a pariah if they hadn't turned the corner this year. The guy is a self aggrandizing pompous prick.
Not really. He has acknowledged before this year that MM is doing a good job building the program and the wins this year have just validated those sentiments. Had they not come, he probably would have been an advocate for Rick George to make his first new hire as AD. How can you absolutely hate a person you've never once met, solely based on some harsh, opinionated criticism of an AD and administration that ran this program into the ground?

Sounds like a ****ty way to be a fan of a program and think about their #1 friend in the media right now.
HAH!! Get out of my face with this condescending prattle. I've been a fan probably before you were born not to mention putting kids through school at CU. I do not like Klatt, deal with it and don't try to link it to the type of fan I am.

Last edited:
Not really. He has acknowledged before this year that MM is doing a good job building the program and the wins this year have just validated those sentiments. Had they not come, he probably would have been an advocate for Rick George to make his first new hire as AD. How can you absolutely hate a person you've never once met, solely based on some harsh, opinionated criticism of an AD and administration that ran this program into the ground?

I hate rick reilly for similar reasons.

PS: I like Klatt. He's very good at his job.

Last edited:
the more exposure we get from him the better. having him in the booth (maybe even next week) would be cool. he's a damn good analyst.

rick was always a showboater....and a pull on the heart strings. a melodrama writer from the get-go and when he got a chance to "fall on his sword" during the rape allegations.....it was the theatre of "integrity" he couldn't resist.

Joel is a different issue. i said what i say about Joel in a post above.

I hate rick reilly for similar reasons.

Different deal.

Rick Reilly is lower than sewer slime. Much of what he has written has no justification or reason other than to shock people into reading it.

Klatt has an ego, most highly successful people in his line of work do. He was also wrong for defending JE and Co. I think he was like a lot of former Buff players who saw Embree as one of their own and a guy who didn't get a fair shot.

Embree didn't get a fair shot but I think that in retrospect Klatt would admit that he wasn't the right guy even if he had gotten a fair shot and that in his anger turning it into a race issue was a huge mistake.

Back